The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

What’s interesting I think is Rob Dorsett saying they were other interested parties aside the three.

Maybe it’s taking some time because an interesting offer has been put in that is still being kept quiet. 

Simon Jordan promised us we’d not seen the last of the slyn.cio American chap.
But he’s broken his word before 

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

Several called the Bradley Johnson transfer.............

a ducking joke

a ducking waste of money

a complete duck up.......

I'm sure there are more

I was quite happy with that one at the time.  Although to be fair, I knew both Butterfield and Blackman were dog poo long before we signed them.  I watched with despair as we competed with Sheff Wednesday for a bloke who hadn't scored in 10 games and was out of contract in 6 months.  First 1 million then 1.5, then finally 2.7 and doubling of original wage offer to match it no doubt. Hope he enjoyed us paying for his 4 year European sight seeing tour.  

Feel a bit better now.

2 hours ago, bucktwo said:

Do you reckon Rooney knows ? 

He said no to questions today , but his general demeanour was subdued, also he hates lying which would explain it.     Or maybe not ?

Might just be me, but I thought rooneys demeanour has changed significantly in interviews recently, particularly around the admins and takeover prospects.

He was upbeat about new signings coming in, but since he was told that wasn't happening things have changed.

I get impression Rooney is sick to the back teeth of constantly being fed lie after lie.

6 hours ago, Big Trav said:

take this with a pinch of salt but ive heard from my source thats usually correct (can go through my history to verify) that mike ashley and binnies are the 2 confirmed bids. Appleby and his consortium backed out. Personal opinion is that Ashley will be the new owner 

I agree almost with your assessment. I was told this evening from someone who is very much ITK about the Appleby bid that they are in third place and don't expect to win the bid unless they increase their offer over the weekend - there is no indication as to whether they may be prepared to do that or not. The Appleby camp believe that Ashley's bid is the favoured one with the Binnie's bid in second place.

6 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I agree almost with your assessment. I was told this evening from someone who is very much ITK about the Appleby bid that they are in third place and don't expect to win the bid unless they increase their offer over the weekend - there is no indication as to whether they may be prepared to do that or not. The Appleby camp believe that Ashley's bid is the favoured one with the Binnie's bid in second place.

So there were three bids then as some outlets suggested two? 

9 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Or someone so stinking rich they didnt need to and £60m is just tuck shop money to them and they want to save us because they are nice. Too much red wine on a Friday night perhaps!! Forgot this is us!

So perhaps Amanda Staveley is intent on messing up big Mike’s party by bringing in an unfake sheikh at the 11th hour. Or if not her, that nice man Mr Samuelson. It would certainly be worth the effort given the brokers fee they would earn

Problem for q is, if they get a blow out bid from a new bidder, it’s quite hard for them to ignore it. 

Unlikely at this stage though 

6 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Might just be me, but I thought rooneys demeanour has changed significantly in interviews recently, particularly around the admins and takeover prospects.

He was upbeat about new signings coming in, but since he was told that wasn't happening things have changed.

I get impression Rooney is sick to the back teeth of constantly being fed lie after lie.

Agree there has been quite a big change. Worrying because you’d think the players will pick up on it 

1 minute ago, Gritstone Tup said:

You’re picking out tiny points in the grand scheme of things. Of course he had to sign an odd good player to maintain his income.

Joelinton - £40m

Willock - £26.5m

Almiron - £22m

Wilson - £20m

Wijnaldum - £18m

Mitrovic - £16.5m

Thauvin - £16.5m

Saint-Maximin - £16m

Lewis - £15m

Shelvey - £15m

7 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Thanks Brailsford. You seem to have some inside gen , although the public quotes were that Binnies had offered around £28 million and Appleby over £30 million but the devil is in detail and can't rely on what you read in the press.

Anyway, consistent story is  that Ashley seems to be front runner.  No surprises there. 

Rob Dorsett

@RobDorsettSky

·

Feb 24

2/2 Ex #nufc MD Lee Charnley was at Pride Park last night and it’s believed Mike Ashley DID bid. Total confidentiality from administrators, so not known if Andy Appleby consortium or Carlisle Group made formal offers. May be tmrw or later before preferred bidder confirmed. #dcfc

19 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Ashley will outbid the others 

more muscle dosh and know how 

Depends. Not at any price. 

Understandably, he’d want to buy the club at a bargain price and won’t outbid the others if he thinks the amount they are offering is too high.

Also, I’m sure the other bidders (if indeed there are any) aren’t exactly mugs and know what they’re doing.