The Administration Thread

Boycie

19 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

A couple of months ago I posted this table in the “Admins chased” thread.  The average duration for a club being in administration is about 8/9 months. And our case will be more complex than average.

But maybe those other clubs had the finances to get through to the other side.

My reading was that the Administrators were so confident that a PB would stump up the $5 million that we stopped player sales.

If we don't get through the season, we're out the league, no?

6 minutes ago, alram said:

i understand the complexity and that its going to take longer than other administrations

i just dont have much faith because i have seen zero progress, lets see what happens but i am not holding my breath. reading between the lines it just looks like they havent named a preferred bidder because nobody has the money or interest to buy the club

lets be honest mel really has well and truly ducked us with the tax bill and stadium

Is that true? I accept that there seems to have been long periods where nothing seems to have happened, but the issue with Boro seems to have gone away (maybe not down to the administrators, but progress all the same), they’ve got to the stage where they’ve asked for formal bids - that seems like progress too. One assumes they couldn’t have got to that point without them sorting out a myriad of issues behind the scenes that I don’t understand - that seems like progress.  
I understand the impatience, but nothing is gained by inaccuracy, hyperbole or exaggeration. 

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

But maybe those other clubs had the finances to get through to the other side.

My reading was that the Administrators were so confident that a PB would stump up the $5 million that we stopped player sales.

If we don't get through the season, we're out the league, no?

I might be wrong but I thought Andrew Hoskins said that with player sales, reduced running cost, increased revenue, etc they were confident that we could complete the fixtures.  He did say it would be a stretch to get the the end of the financial year in June but that shouldn’t be a problem with a PB in place.

15 minutes ago, alram said:

i understand the complexity and that its going to take longer than other administrations

i just dont have much faith because i have seen zero progress, lets see what happens but i am not holding my breath. reading between the lines it just looks like they havent named a preferred bidder because nobody has the money or interest to buy the club

lets be honest mel really has well and truly ducked us with the tax bill and stadium

Mel has definitely left us in a right mess and made it far harder than it needed to be.  Not sure about no one being interested.  Mike Ashley went public a couple of weeks back and seemed pretty irate at the press reports saying he wasn’t interested.

4 minutes ago, one_chop said:

I have a feeling the club debts are a bridge too far hence there being no formal bids. 

Liquidation has been haunting us since that Ghoul Collymore tweeted we was going the same way as Bury. Expect the can to be firmly kicked down the road whilst all lines of credit are used up.

Look I think we shall be saved but I just wish admin move there backsides into gear just announce the bidder is.

5 minutes ago, one_chop said:

I have a feeling the club debts are a bridge too far hence there being no formal bids. 

Liquidation has been haunting us since that Ghoul Collymore tweeted we was going the same way as Bury. Expect the can to be firmly kicked down the road whilst all lines of credit are used up.

There could be another more positive possibility.

The interested parties have clearly placed their bids already, the admins have written to the interested parties to ask them to up their offers, should they wish.  The interested parties, Ashley included, think their offers are more than fair and it's a kind of, take it or leave it.

If the admins are confident of naming a PB by the weekend, they are either stupid, lying, or are aware they do have something to work with already.

21 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think all the due diligence will have been done. Way back when they were appointed Q told us there was a data room already assembled because of past efforts to sell. 
So I’d guess the main remaining conditions are executing the creditor compromise as per Q’s proposal (including HMRC) and fit and proper approval by EFL.  
Be interested to know how the business plan is addressed. Maybe the PB has the discussions with EFL on that and agrees in advance to live with whatever can be agreed ?

Makes sense to me. The calculation as to what DCFC is worth is surely fundamental to getting it ready to invite bids so the idea that a lot of the groundwork in terms of deals has been done is surely pretty fundamental to that otherwise how can you ask for bids. Without debt being broadly quantified it surely amounts to buying a 2nd hand Ferrari for 50 grand that may or may not have anywhere up to 100 grand of outstanding finance. You may be prepared to take a haircut on some smaller unsubstantiated debt but you aren't going to shell out for such a complete unknown if negotiations haven't even started. I'm certain that potential bidders have had the likely debt laid out to them so the administrators will surely have made getting that info a priority or who would bid except at a chance your arm 'one quid' or whatever.

I'm anxious as is everyone but I'm not seeing anything yet that is definitive panic material quite yet. The deadline is approaching and we're all biting our nails but this was surely always going to go down to the wire with there being more than one interested party ?

re your point about the business plan, I think that is an interesting one. As someone said the other day, surely that needs to be allowing for both relegation and survival scenarios but maybe by the time that gets thrashed out it will be much clearer on the pitch, like say when Reading winning 5 on the bounce.. ?

3 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

re your point about the business plan, I think that is an interesting one. As someone said the other day, surely that needs to be allowing for both relegation and survival scenarios but maybe by the time that gets thrashed out it will be much clearer on the pitch, like say when Reading winning 5 on the bounce.. ?

or... like say when DERBY win five on the bounce.

Just saying. Every coin has two sides and all that.

41 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Not like you to be pessimistic

24 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Were did see that mate

Please bottom be true

The binnie offer was for less than the administrators wanted but I think they might have to accept as Derby going into liquidation wouldn't be in the best interests of the creditor's 

1 hour ago, alram said:

sorry i just dont buy it

i know full well how administrations work. the price of the club has been common knowledge for a long time now.

i just think nobody is willing to pay the asking price for the club and the longer it goes on the more expensive the club gets. not naming a prefered bidder at this stage is extremely irregular, the stumbling block was supposed to be boro, now that is sorted whats the excuse this time? it is all we hear from the admins yet there is almost nothing visible that they have done to make the club an attractive buy. what if no bids come in tonight? what then?

look at every statement the admins have put out, they all contain no information and along the lines of we are making progress. lets see the progress. i dont buy a word of it.

You shoot from the hip. This is a hugely complex process with multiple parties involved. The Admins are not double glazing salesmen. 

The bidders will all know the basic financial status - what is owed to creditors, what the EFL will require to avoid a further penalty (or not) What the Admins will have negotiated - as a minimum that HMRC will accept - and where this figure impacts (or not ) the future points deduction. There will be indicative figures on MSD and their intentions, there will be details of what Mel wants, either for the stadium or the use of it. There will be the caveats in bids depending on likely league status, HMRC may have named a figure but is it instant or staged …. It isn’t open, shut or super clear. 

You buy a car, so simple yes ? is it a lease, is it HP, is it cash, is servicing included, what warranty, what delivery, alloys A/C ? And then you move into modern times .. are you paying the annual subscription for software updates ? Road tax included, back price ?
Are creditors, who will get a certain % in the pound ready to supply you on normal terms or do they want cash up front ? Are the bidders seeking clarity from the EFL over myriad issues such as issuing contracts to existing  and new players, all of which will be part of a bid so need to be examined by all parties. 

Railing at the Admins who have a task regulated by Law and with specific duties isn’t constructive or thoughtful.