The Administration Thread

Boycie

30 minutes ago, angieram said:

You could share your messages to them with us, Kevin  - give us some idea of what you are sending.

Are you getting any more constructive replies than the rest of us?

I’ve posted on here some of my emails to MPs. Most  of my ‘input’ has been via a family member who works at a club, I have no idea whether that has had any effect, I doubt it. I’ve not sent anything to Parry - the point behind my earlier post is I think we will do better if we send him fewer emails in a co-ordinated fashion. Then we focus him on the issues that will assist us and we don’t clutter up his inbox with things he has already addressed, things he can’t address or things which show we don’t always get it. The Derby issue for the EFl is like negotiating Brexit was for Brussels, it’s become a nightmare (partly of the EFL’s own making it’s true) We do ourselves and the club no favours asking the EFL to pick the bones out of a shower of unfocused screed, we just make a nuisance of ourselves 

41 minutes ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Absolutely this. Amen

Footballers unless retiring should have a 'scrap value' applied when  contract runs out. Similar to a vehicle (my area of work) at end of working life. 

Then comes the arguments over how those scrap values are worked out. But not insurmountable.  

Do you think we might still get say £200 if we send George Thorne off for salvage? His crutches must have a tenner of metal in them alone.

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I’ve posted on here some of my emails to MPs. Most  of my ‘input’ has been via a family member who works at a club, I have no idea whether that has had any effect, I doubt it. I’ve not sent anything to Parry - the point behind my earlier post is I think we will do better if we send him fewer emails in a co-ordinated fashion. Then we focus him on the issues that will assist us and we don’t clutter up his inbox with things he has already addressed, things he can’t address or things which show we don’t always get it. The Derby issue for the EFl is like negotiating Brexit was for Brussels, it’s become a nightmare (partly of the EFL’s own making it’s true) We do ourselves and the club no favours asking the EFL to pick the bones out of a shower of unfocused screed, we just make a nuisance of ourselves 

I think that's partly the intention - to make a nuisance of ourselves. ?

The RT ask focussed intelligent questions and the EFL avoid answering them directly. 

It feels like we get more info from Rick Parry's unguarded comments in his emails than we do from the official meetings.

The MPs can ask the questions we suggest but most have a lot less in-depth knowledge of the intricacies of the situation so can't immediately challenge some of the disingenuous replies they are getting.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

The RT ask focussed intelligent questions and the EFL avoid answering them directly. 

It feels like we get more info from Rick Parry's unguarded comments in his emails than we do from the official meetings.

The MPs can ask the questions we suggest but most have a lot less in-depth knowledge of the intricacies of the situation so can't immediately challenge some of the disingenuous replies they are getting.

I agree Angie. We learnt a lot from parry replies to David and Iram about the Boro case. More than anything in the official Boro or Efl statements.

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Nailed it. As long as the 'loop' includes those in genuine positions of influence, a coordinated process is neither required, nor productive. Limiting the way we approach this to single 'copy-paste' group missives does not heighten the impact, it diminishes it and merely affords the recipient the means to respond in kind by simply drafting a standard response to every complaint they receive. Those who doubt this need only revisit the initial responses from Parry posted on this very forum which illustrated this fact in spades. Seems to me that some folk have very short memories ?

45 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I'm interested to know:-

(a) what you think they have addressed? Don't forget what their interpretation of addressing something is (refer to the Boro claim)

(b) what they can't address?

32 minutes ago, angieram said:

Mel made himself a nuisance to the EFl and I’d guess it contributed to their failure to head off Gibbo’s damaging vendetta. We’ve had a rough deal as a result.
The EFL has a lot of work to do to help us back onto our feet. So why not just present to them in an organised and courteous manner the points that support leniency ? They are only human and most of them don’t have a dog in the fight 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm interested to know:-

(a) what you think they have addressed? Don't forget what their interpretation of addressing something is (refer to the Boro claim)

(b) what they can't address?

(A) eg all the stuff in the carefully crafted minutes we’ve seen. Simply no point in going back to them on those points it’s just a waste of our time and theirs.  

(B) eg assertions Gibbo was not acting in good faith (of course they can’t), assertions the LAP was biased, got it wrong (of course they can’t) 

32 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Best mgt course I ever attended that was. 

I was a member of ASC for 20 or so years, and used to take part in the National Speech Contest. The best piece of advice my father (who was a brilliant orator) told me was

All speakers get butterflies - but a truly great speaker makes his butterflies perform aerobatics.

Reg Sanders, circa 1980

25 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Nailed it. As long as the 'loop' includes those in genuine positions of influence, a coordinated process is neither required, nor productive. Limiting the way we approach this to single 'copy-paste' group missives does not heighten the impact, it diminishes it and merely affords the recipient the means to respond in kind by simply drafting a standard response to every complaint they receive. Those who doubt this need only revisit the initial responses from Parry posted on this very forum which illustrated this fact in spades. Seems to me that some folk have very short memories ?

Thank goodness our fans groups don’t agree with your approach 

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Mel made himself a nuisance to the EFl and I’d guess it contributed to their failure to head off Gibbo’s damaging vendetta. We’ve had a rough deal as a result.
The EFL has a lot of work to do to help us back onto our feet. So why not just present to them in an organised and courteous manner the points that support leniency ? They are only human and most of them don’t have a dog in the fight 

Efl doesn’t have to do anything. Except approve the fitness and propriety of our new owner. If candidates are Ashley or Appleby both have past experience of club ownership with no insolvencies.. and you are allowed two. So should be an easy job for them. 

so they just need to stop their meddling and let q finish the job of rescuing the club. 

8 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

It's the EFLs/Parrys mission for us to be relegated, There's not an incling of doubt about that, They will no doubt cross the Ts and dot the Is of any legal document concerning our new PB/Owner, Other than that they'll stick as many obstickles they can to stop us in our tracks of any hope we have of staying up...all imo.

They may not "have a dog in the fight, But we've had many a teeth taking a bite out of us, Unfortunatley we refuse to lay down and die, My hope is a win today and a loss for Reading...All at the EFL and Parry and co have a sleepless week.