The Administration Thread

Boycie

32 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17635135/derby-reading-championship-efl-compensation-claim/?utm_source=native_share&utm_medium=sharebar_native&utm_campaign=sharebaramp 

Probably not true but this is the kind of thing the efl have let themselves in for by supporting the Boro and Wycombe claims 

I do think this is a good reminder that there are still real issues with how the EFL are treating these claims, even if the situation might now be resolving itself. The fact is, the only reason any movement is now happening is because Mel has come forward to take the claims on personally, which he didn't need to do, and Gibson has either accepted the offer to take his claim against Mel personally or has accepted a pay off from Mel personally, neither of which he needed to do. Had Mel not stepped forward or Gibson insisted his claim was against Derby and not Mel, we'd still be in a really horrible situation.

Edited by JfR

44 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17635135/derby-reading-championship-efl-compensation-claim/?utm_source=native_share&utm_medium=sharebar_native&utm_campaign=sharebaramp 

Probably not true but this is the kind of thing the efl have let themselves in for by supporting the Boro and Wycombe claims 

6FF2E481-3A1C-450D-A048-9F56248CA557.jpeg

10 hours ago, Stockyram92 said:

I love and hate this idea.

Love the idea to give the EFL another headache, they allowed this with the way they have handled it.

I hate the idea as Reading are an innocent party in this, I would be a hypocrite.

How can I sit here after 4 months of reading rules and regulations explaining why Boro have no claim and then support this, knowing the stress Reading fans would be going through?

I want the EFL to recognise just what they have done, but not sure I can with a clear conscious agree.

I hope that it's decided on the pitch and doesn't come down to just 3 points difference.

What will really piss me off is when we hear Boro have voted in favour of clarifying rules to make it clear no club can sue another clue.

Bookmark this post. It will happen. 

Sidenote, surely this would be down to the new owners to decide, not the administrators?

11 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

They didn't see Gibson as being a problem because they were going to announce a PB and that Boro/WW would be 'class crammed', but the EFL stepped in and said 'no go'. He said this in the interview.

He did say this. So the only question is, should Q have seen it coming, or was the EFl out of order ?

16 minutes ago, David said:

I love and hate this idea.

Love the idea to give the EFL another headache, they allowed this and the way they have handled it allows this to happen.

I hate the idea as Reading are an innocent party in this, I would be a hypocrite to sit here.

How can I sit here after 4 months of reading rules and regulations explaining why Boro have no claim and then support this, knowing the stress Reading fans would be going through?

I want the EFL to recognise just what they have done, but not sure I can with a clear conscious agree.

I hope that it's decided on the pitch and doesn't come down to just 3 points difference.

What will really piss me off is when we hear Boro have voted in favour of clarifying rules to make it clear no club can sue another clue.

Bookmark this post. It will happen. 

Sidenote, surely this would be down to the new owners to decide, not the administrators?

I still think is unfair how Reading only got a minus 6 after we got 9. I hope the EFL swiftly rectify this so can all move on. The fact it will help us stay up is a bonus ?

Wycombes superfluous case has yet to be dealt with, meaning the transfer embargo hasn't been dealt with.

Of boro and wycombes cases, the wycombe one is the case I'd have most like to take to the efl arbitration.

Moving forward derbys insurance policy against being sued is the only way for clubs to protect themselves.

In the nfl clubs regularly sue each other, that's a culture that Couhig comes from.

If derby had an insurance protection policy in place before, the messing about with boro and Wycombe would have ended differently as the legal costs would and any claim would have been covered.

9 hours ago, Stockyram92 said:

I don’t want us to do this. However when Boro fail FFP due to their paying of high wages they can’t afford this season, or systematic cheating as I believe it is known, then, why not. I wonder who else would feel a claim might be worthwhile if Boro pip them to the play offs. Fortunately I am sure the EFL will fix it so Boro remain within the rules. Having a representative on the board being fed information certainly helps on that front. 

20 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I don’t want us to do this. However when Boro fail FFP due to their paying of high wages they can’t afford this season, or systematic cheating as I believe it is known, then, why not. I wonder who else would feel a claim might be worthwhile if Boro pip them to the play offs. Fortunately I am sure the EFL will fix it so Boro remain within the rules. Having a representative on the board being fed information certainly helps on that front. 

We had a rep on the board recently, that helped us didn’t it?

11 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm still a little unconvinced as to how much Ashley really wants DCFC. But if he does want it, he's got the finances to out muscle the Appleby and Binnie bids, no doubt.

- i don't doubt that

a) he wants another football club (y'know, rich people stuff) and

b) there's a fair bit of gamesmanship from him and

c) it's a deal that involves absolutly screwing an insolvant company's creditors which is Mike Ashley's version of a jazz mag.

but that's weighed against

Still large possibility of L1 football when he previously had a permier league club.

If it's just business, is it business worth doing - probably not with his Sprots direct head on, but if it's the football club owner ego thing, is it worth taking on when he could probably take on a better placed championship club for probably not much more and he's rich enough to be shopping for top champ/low prem clubs.

Obviously losing money is something he doesn’t like but if he was able to transfer a portion of the Derby losses to his other businesses which was legal then it’s just the money merry go round for him. 
He also knows that once he achieved the premiership he will have a stadium with 32,000 people in it that are grateful unlike years of nasty stuff from Newcastle as he can showpiece his other businesses  in front of the world. 

Although it's the Sun I would be quite confident there is truth in this. it  may just be a threat to EFL .. stop pishing us about and let us get out of admin pronto.. or else. But I think the story is real enough. 

I really hope we don’t go after another club. I’d hate for another set of fans to be going through what we’re going through at the minute.

I really hope we go after the EFL though. And once we’ve hopefully come out the other side of this with a new owner, as a set of fans we need to keep up the pressure on the EFL and help send them into oblivion.

17 minutes ago, Boycie said:

We had a rep on the board recently, that helped us didn’t it?

Yes but that was Stephen Pearce, the accountant who seemingly can’t add up. 

Interestingly, Gibson’s open letter from about a couple of weeks ago seemed to have a lot of claims of information about Derby’s administration process. If true, and it is an if, where did this knowledge come from do you think?

I have an email from Parry in reply to one of my own in which he pretty much admits that the EFL have been leaking information to the press. Not a great leap to suggest that they leak it to one of their board members in the next room who apparently takes no part is it. 

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

He did say this. So the only question is, should Q have seen it coming, or was the EFl out of order ?

Not sure these questions are mutually exclusive. The EFL are total duck jobs. I may have mentioned this before. Should Q have seen that coming? well they didn't have the previous experience that Rams fans have had. And the accepted "wisdom" almost  throughout the media was that absolutely everything had been the fault of Mel Morris, no fingers pointed at the EFL. Of course that "wisdom" from the media was in fact as we now know also being controlled by the EFL... partly to deflect criticism from themselves.

So in short Kevin I saw this sort of thing coming from the EFL but there have many times when I have felt like a lone wolf in the wilderness. So I don't blame Q for not seeing it coming. 

It’s strange really that most other clubs followers believe we should be punished more ( despite not knowing what we were punished for) whilst they view Reading FC as a minor issue despite them massively and deliberately over spending whereas we were bending the interpretation of the rules/guidelines. Then again the EFL imposed a punishment on Birmingham that could have no material impact on their league status at nearly the end of the season and Sheffield Wednesday it wasn’t imposed because it wouldn’t allow any time to respond on the pitch. Consistent in not being consistent leaves the EFL open to accusations 

6 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

I really hope we don’t go after another club. I’d hate for another set of fans to be going through what we’re going through at the minute.

I really hope we go after the EFL though. And once we’ve hopefully come out the other side of this with a new owner, as a set of fans we need to keep up the pressure on the EFL and help send them into oblivion.

I agree, but having gone after The EFL, should they then direct us towards aiming our arrows at the club itself, (As they allegedly did with Boro to us) and assuming we had little option, in order to retain our membership, then I'd have no trepidation or reluctance in doing so.
Puts any blame squarely back into The EFL's court.