The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Why the Ashley love in?

In all seriousness, sorry but I don’t get it when there are other candidates just as strong.

Are there?

We know Ashley has the money, and whatever the 'entitled' Geordies think, he'll spend some. He took them up twice and has sold them for a profit.

He's a businessman first but he must love football a little bit and what better place to be! #COYR

31 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Aside
To the mods.....get a grip here.

This is 2022 not the middle ages.

There are too many posts (> 0 is too many), presumably from men, offering up "their women" to whoever takes over the club.

We are all desperate for a takeover to be completed but there is no need for - and no humour in - these offensive posts.

This - There's a misogynistic free for all.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Are there?

We know Ashley has the money, and whatever the 'entitled' Geordies think, he'll spend some. He took them up twice and has sold them for a profit.

He's a businessman first but he must love football a little bit and what better place to be! #COYR

Agree! And in addition, with his standard multi millionaire ego…he might just want to prove every Newcastle fan wrong and make his next club more successful. And he doesn’t need to buy more ties….I’ve heard he is tight so this might just sway the deal. 

58 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Not an option when 8,000 fans just disappeared last night in our time of need.They probably watched it on telly , but that doesn’t help DCFC. I think we have a lot of Commadore fans - Once , twice , three times a season.?. Mike Ashley will be looking and realise he is not going to sell 20,000 shirts to Rams fans.

I think you misunderstand how many fans travel long distances. For instance I'm best part of 3 hours drive away, public transport is basically impossible, I have volunteering roles with vulnerable people on Tuesday/Wednesday, I can't give that up every few weeks

10 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I just want a preferencial bidder to be announced so we can start to plan for next season and sign up our players up on new contracts.

When you are taken over if you sign your current squad on their current contracts won’t you end up in the same position again? 
Surely any new contracts will have to be given that are sustainable, the ones the likes that Lawrence are on you obviously couldn’t afford, what makes you think these players will take a pay cut?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Are there?

Agree with this.

Know one knows where the money behind the other “bids” is really from. Just have the front man/men.

They could be financing it all with debt at high interest rates and are planning to pay themselves high Executive wages while club bumbles along.

15 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

But there is humour. Look at the laughter responses they are getting. It might not be your kind of humour, but it is humour nontheless. No binding contracts are being offered. No women are being actually hurt in the making of this humour. I wouldnt go onto Mumsnet if you really want to avoid nasty or bitchy female jibes. A real vipers nest is that Forum. Anyway, Administration .......

Hang on, How do you know all this if you "wouldn't go onto mumsnet", Heard through the grapevine? or spoke to someone who got bit by one of the Vipers?

As it happens you're right, I had to join to get some info concerning a "clean break divorce" wow, There is some poison on that website, Bloody great fun to read ?, I worked the Doors in the 80s(bouncer)and some of the Women were worse than the Men if truth be known ?

I have been following Derby for over 50 years and this season could end up being the most emotional of the lot.

22k last night may not seem a lot but is more than other clubs around us would get if they were in the same position or even a higher position including notts forest, lester, stoke, wolves, west brom and the list goes on.

This is why we are Super Derby Super Rams. We'll fight to the end.

2 minutes ago, Bobby said:

When you are taken over if you sign your current squad on their current contracts won’t you end up in the same position again? 
Surely any new contracts will have to be given that are sustainable, the ones the likes that Lawrence are on you obviously couldn’t afford, what makes you think these players will take a pay cut?

Considering our comparative gates and revenue I think we could match your pay budget. 

22 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

It's just that he's a known entity to many supporters.

Better the devil you know than the darling you don't.

EDIT: That said, I do think his particular business model for club ownership would serve DCFC very well. I think he'd be an excellent fit to reposition the club to a sustainable - and exciting - future.

Technically ‘the devil you know is Appleby, who was the main man when we got the closest we ever got to the Prem.

Just now, Unlucky Alf said:

Hang on, How do you know all this if you "wouldn't go onto mumsnet", Heard through the grapevine? or spoke to someone who got bit by one of the Vipers?

As it happens you're right, I had to join to get some info concerning a "clean break divorce" wow, There is some poison on that website, Bloody great fun to read ?, I worked the Doors in the 80s(bouncer)and some of the Women were worse than the Men if truth be known ?

I am a mother of 3 small children, and I hate them more than the EFL.

Push GIF by כאן | תאגיד השידור הישראלי

16 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

This should help for the next home game

https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/Rams-Family-Fund

Even taking the anonymous £5k out, that's £11k raised by those that can afford it to help those that can't. Incredible.

Those that can't now, situations might change next year, further down the line and this kind of generosity will be repaid either in future fundraisers or attending themselves.

10 minutes ago, Bobby said:

A lot of the big wage earners have gone in the last couple of years. Don’t think Derby will have a massive wage bill anymore. Most of the team are kids !