The Administration Thread

Boycie

"Derby are exploring whether they can be saved from potential liquidation by an insurance policy worth just £2.5million...Yet Sportsmail has learned that all parties have been alerted to the existence of an insurance policy that they believe could provide the breakthrough. Potential buyers are examining whether, for the £2.5m cost of the policy, they would be protected even if Boro and Wycombe’s claims were successful."

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Derby are exploring whether they can be saved from potential liquidation by an insurance policy worth just £2.5million...Yet Sportsmail has learned that all parties have been alerted to the existence of an insurance policy that they believe could provide the breakthrough. Potential buyers are examining whether, for the £2.5m cost of the policy, they would be protected even if Boro and Wycombe’s claims were successful."

Guess it is just a form of gambling, where someone (with legal expertise backing) recon’s that chances of winning are so good that they can make an easy £2.5m.

It would feel a bit like giving in though. Mel should buy it for us..

Just a suggestion for the EFL rather than keep moving the goalposts, as confirmed by tweets for current dcfc employees, if Gibson does not take up MMs offer what about charging Middlesbrough of bringing the game into disrepute by bringing baseless charges against a league founding member. Either he takes MMs offer up or he is making it up and causing unfounded mental anguish on dcfc staff and fans 

19 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

I admire the work done by the fans and the group's especially black and white and Punjabi rams. More strength to their elbows. BUT last night on twitter Black and While invited Kirchener to speak on Monday night on a Twitter marketplace. The WHY is totally beyond me. Yesterday like him or not MM came in with an offer which might well save our Rams who are tottering on a knife edge of oblivion. As fans we need to be patient, let team Derby and the country's MPs, who are on our side, put pressure on the EFL Gibson and MM to get an agreement that his offer will bring us out of this nightmare. We certainly don't want anybody rocking the boat. I take it that CK is an honourable man but shall we say slightly miffed with people at Derby. What good can come out of letting him have free range on what he discloses some of which might start the boat rocking. I am all for free speach but lack and white PLEASE PLEASE rethink the wisdom behind you decision for Monday night and postpone it until after

we are safe. He has had since December to air his feelings and hours after a possible step forward to save our team is scary to me. #savederbycounty

Agree with this.

16 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

I admire the work done by the fans and the group's especially black and white and Punjabi rams. More strength to their elbows. BUT last night on twitter Black and While invited Kirchener to speak on Monday night on a Twitter marketplace. The WHY is totally beyond me. Yesterday like him or not MM came in with an offer which might well save our Rams who are tottering on a knife edge of oblivion. As fans we need to be patient, let team Derby and the country's MPs, who are on our side, put pressure on the EFL Gibson and MM to get an agreement that his offer will bring us out of this nightmare. We certainly don't want anybody rocking the boat. I take it that CK is an honourable man but shall we say slightly miffed with people at Derby. What good can come out of letting him have free range on what he discloses some of which might start the boat rocking. I am all for free speach but lack and white PLEASE PLEASE rethink the wisdom behind you decision for Monday night and postpone it until after

we are safe. He has had since December to air his feelings and hours after a possible step forward to save our team is scary to me. #savederbycounty

I might be in the minority but I quite like how Kirchner speaks out. Why wouldn't we want to hear if we've been told untruths? Why would anything he says affect any future purchase. If anything it should show up the issues and show up the liars/truth twisters. I'm all for it. Air it all. 

25 minutes ago, rammieib said:

So question, do the EFL have within their powers the ability to sidestep arbitration and inform the relevant stakeholders (DCFC, Boro, WW maybe) that this will be done in court?

I think Boro will refuse, I think the EFL will refuse and we will go to a corrupt arbitration sitting and the future of the club will literally be determined by that panel.

Also as an aside, not much is being paid of the EFL rule about one member raising a claim against another member? I know MM referenced it in his statement but the rule was always there. So surely that rule alone is the first point in the panel and that should get it thrown out?

I'm really struggling to get my head around this as well.

Mel's statement suggests that with regards to breaches of the P&S regulations, there is an EFL rule that states "only The League can bring any action against a member club", thereby prohibiting member clubs taking action against each other.

Have I understood this right, because if this rule is as Mel states, then how are the EFL allowing Boro and Wycombe to claim against us as they have already taken action against us?

Could this be one of the reasons why Rick Parry is going away to consider his response to Mel's statement?

2 minutes ago, winktheram said:

I might be in the minority but I quite like how Kirchner speaks out. Why wouldn't we want to hear if we've been told untruths? Why would anything he says affect any future purchase. If anything it should show up the issues and show up the liars/truth twisters. I'm all for it. Air it all. 

How will it help dcfc bearing in mind last night he had to correct himself about us owing the tax man 80million and another couple of tweets are dubious. Saving the Rams is the most important thing and he has nothing that wil help that. Another question if he says the administrators tell nothing but lies what can you do about that 

4 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Mel's statement suggests that with regards to breaches of the P&S regulations, there is an EFL rule that states "only The League can bring any action against a member club", thereby prohibiting member clubs taking action against each other.

Have I understood this right, because if this rule is as Mel states, then how are the EFL allowing Boro and Wycombe to claim against us as they have already taken action against us?

Could this be one of the reasons why Rick Parry is going away to consider his response to Mel's statement?

No he had to make a phone call last night and could not hear his instructions because of the crowd noise.....

18 minutes ago, winktheram said:

You assume he's speaking the truth, not just bitterly poo-stirring?

38 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So after several months in Admin an insurance policy has been discovered in a dusty drawer in Mel’s old office?? You couldn’t make it up.?

23 minutes ago, winktheram said:

Because EFL, Boro and Wycombe are desperate to portray our side as in conflict with each other (hence their constant digs at the administrators, snide comments about feeling sorry for the fans etc). CK may have some issues, but he’s not part of the Derby side, he’s a third party with no dog in this fight and he should keep his counsel. It’s not helpful. 

Just now, hintonsboots said:

So after several months in Admin an insurance policy has been discovered in a dusty drawer in Mel’s old office?? You couldn’t make it up.?

I believe the the story is suggesting there is an insurance policy that could be taken out at a cost of £2.5m, not that we already have a policy in place.

28 minutes ago, winktheram said:

I agree with your first six words.

25 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

The way it would work, is that if it went to arbitration, Derby would try to have the case cast out because ‘Boro don’t have the jurisdiction to bring it. The panel may well agree and the case ends after 5 minutes. What the EFL don’t want is for themselves to be the arbiter of what a valid claim is or not, because they’re opening themselves to potential claims from the club they reject.