The Administration Thread

Boycie

17 minutes ago, Eddie said:

He's what I term a 'black catter'.

You've seen a black cat, he's seen a blacker one.

"You've seen a black cat, he's seen a bible black one

We should file CK away in the folder with the Fake Sheik and the Spaniard with the Tick Tock house ?

CK has nothing postive to say and adds nothing with his vitriolic comments 

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

15 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I wouldn’t be relying on MPs for anything. 
Whilst it’s nice that they show solidarity, they have let the EFL foul up for years. We are going to end up paying these claims as part of our punishment. The EFL wants to make a massive deal out of this, the administrators are toothless and DCFC will be severely weakened by the time this is resolved. 
I just hope that Wayne and the boys continue to keep rolling along even though the wheel count is diminishing by the day. (one for the oldies there?)

MPs can and should put pressure on the Sports Minister, The word that's pissing me off continually is "Pragmatic" Ministers speak for "it aint nowt to do with us".

As for letting them foul up for years...they all eat from the same trough, And will continue to do so.

I really hope those claims go Un Paid...even if it means Liquidation!

There's not a great deal of more weakening to be done

The last wheel to come off will be Liquidation!

Sick to death of all these self important ego fuelled rich and or power hungry so called men playing stupid games with not a jot of care that they are destroying an historic football club that is a vital part of the community and peoples lives , would love to get them all in a room and not to talk ,,

football was the working man’s game when started I watching Derby , it’s been stolen and is unrecognisable now 

Edited by Archied

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He’s also left things a bit too late. Why didn’t he get involved sooner, before the end of the transfer window, to try and get a resolution  ?

He had to wait for the efl to show their hand, which they did with their last statement. Any sooner and he would have just been blowing smoke.

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I think Mel's offer is masterful. Mel's side will have to negotiate with the High Court to ensure that his offer to transfer liability for the claim from DCFC to himself can be sustained. But if the court approves Mel's offer then the matter is removed completely from the remit of DCFC and the EFL and will simply become MFC v Morris in the High Court. Timescales for settlement there will not affect our club or the administration process. The two parties legal teams can take as long as they want to settle.

His offer is a masterstroke of PR, until it is returned in kind by Gibbo. We don’t have time to watch a titanic battle of two wealthy squabbling egos. 

From a legal perspective, well surely the High Court doesn’t ‘negotiate’ with litigants, it adjudicates claims brought before it in accordance with its voluminous rules.   Mel’s ‘proposal’ is certainly masterful in its lack of flesh on the bones. But to persuade the Court to assess a claim by reference to an arbitral award that has not been made seems like a mountain to climb

27 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I wouldn’t be relying on MPs for anything. 
Whilst it’s nice that they show solidarity, they have let the EFL foul up for years. We are going to end up paying these claims as part of our punishment. The EFL wants to make a massive deal out of this, the administrators are toothless and DCFC will be severely weakened by the time this is resolved. 
I just hope that Wayne and the boys continue to keep rolling along even though the wheel count is diminishing by the day. (one for the oldies there?)

We just need to find the hidden cave.

23 minutes ago, David said:

At 7.11pm a screenshot of an email between a fan and Rick Parry was posted on Twitter, 7.18pm BAWT tweeted that Parry had confirmed he sees no reason, the tweet I shared on the forum.

There was a lot of doubt and people questioning the screenshot and calling it out as a fake on Twitter.

Not sure if this was where BAWT got their information from, or if the fan was part of the group, I emailed Rick Parry as well at 7.43pm to see if I could also confirm with the idea that I could share a screenshot also.

Would like to believe there is a trust built up where I wouldn't create and send any fake emails out.

Fair, didn't realise there were doubts over the authenticity of the email.

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

His offer is a masterstroke of PR, until it is returned in kind by Gibbo. We don’t have time to watch a titanic battle of two wealthy squabbling egos. 

From a legal perspective, well surely the High Court doesn’t ‘negotiate’ with litigants, it adjudicates claims brought before it in accordance with its voluminous rules.   Mel’s ‘proposal’ is certainly masterful in its lack of flesh on the bones. But to persuade the Court to assess a claim by reference to an arbitral award that has not been made seems like a mountain to climb

Gibbo wants to negotiate in order to get his pound of flesh 

Mel apears to be happy to let the court adjudicate based on the evidence

A very intresting stand off

Re this being a MFC vs DCFC thing and that being the basis for Gibson declining Mel’s offer:

If that’s the case, what is MFC’s endgame here? If they win, there’s no money to pay them so it’s liquidation. Gibson knows that, so if that’s the intended endgame fine, but please don’t trot out meaningless platitudes about not wanting us liquidated and not wanting the fans to suffer because rejecting Mel’s offer makes it abundantly clear to everyone that liquidation is their required outcome.

If it’s about recouping lost earnings then Mel’s just given you the perfect route. The only route. The catch, no kangaroo court to deliver your fait accompli verdict, so how confident are you with your fairytale claims?

Gibson can easily decline this, but there’s no real way of doing it without looking like a proper c***. It’s also the EFL’s only and last chance to avoid setting a precedent that will have huge, negative, ramifications for the future of football.

58 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

But no longer, Boro/WW/EFL are going after DCFC not MM

They are actually going after compensation for their perceived losses. If Mel Morris warrants to the court that he will take personal responsibility for any liabilities that are proven - which he is legally capable of doing - then it should make no difference at all.

The High Court hearing will test too see if the actions of Derby County Football Club caused proven damage to Middlesbrough Football Club (and possibly Wycombe Wanderers) and, if that is decided, then to what degree compensation shall be set. If that is the case, then Mel's warrant will mean that he will be obliged to pay it, and all associated costs.

If the two clubs with claims (or threat to make a claim) for damages believe they have been wronged, then this is a wholly acceptable pathway for them to seek their justice.

IF.... justice is actually what they are seeking!

52 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I see your point and I share your frustrations Eaton with how the administration process has been dragged out. But I think Q ignoring Gibson has been the right tactic. By not responding to him, they have given no recognition to the credibility of the claim. That has clearly wound Gibson up and he couldn't resist repeating the same drivel he came out with last week. His increasing symptoms of Little Man Syndrome get worse by the day.

Also, I expect Q have been aware of Mel's cunning plan for a while now.

I also think Qs silence was, and is, the right approach.  Let others do all the talking.  It’s a good negotiation strategy - never fill the silence.  And here it seems to be working as others are putting out statements that in my view weaken their position.

Also, they’ve had legal advice from three QCs.  No doubt this was keep your distance, don’t engage with them or your giving credence to their claims.

If the MFC and WWFC don’t accept Mel’s offer then Q take their cases to the High Court.  Both the EFL and MFC have opened that door.  Mel then agrees to indemnify them against any losses.  The outcome for Mel is still the same and avoids the EFL kangaroo court.

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I think Mel's offer is masterful. Mel's side will have to negotiate with the High Court to ensure that his offer to transfer liability for the claim from DCFC to himself can be sustained. But if the court approves Mel's offer then the matter is removed completely from the remit of DCFC and the EFL and will simply become MFC v Morris in the High Court. Timescales for settlement there will not affect our club or the administration process. The two parties legal teams can take as long as they want to settle.

I think Boro claim was against Dcfc and its Directors. So it was against him and Pearce . Hopefully not Roy Mac as well.

47 minutes ago, David said:

I was going to take the weekend off, but after the BAWT tweet last night and the screenshot floating around on Twitter, wanted to see if I could get confirmation also by emailing Rick Parry.

I asked if he had seen the open letter (even though it was a statement) and would the EFL be willing to accept the offer from Mel, I have received a reply. 

4DFFC0F6-374C-4D82-8C49-356966CF9C49.jpeg

"One part" - they are still not admitting that this is "THE" jam, are they? ?

3 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

They are actually going after compensation for their perceived losses. If Mel Morris warrants to the court that he will take personal responsibility for any liabilities that are proven - which he is legally capable of doing - then it should make no difference at all.

The High Court hearing will test too see if the actions of Derby County Football Club caused proven damage to Middlesbrough Football Club (and possibly Wycombe Wanderers) and, if that is decided, then to what degree compensation shall be set. If that is the case, then Mel's warrant will mean that he will be obliged to pay it, and all associated costs.

If the two clubs with claims (or threat to make a claim) for damages believe they have been wronged, then this is a wholly acceptable pathway for them to seek their justice.

IF.... justice is actually what they are seeking!

Granted, All what you say is very logical as Spock would say...BUT!, It all boils down to whether SG wants to go down that route, I don't believe he will, I hope he will, But he's after something else imo

7 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I also think Qs silence was, and is, the right approach.  Let others do all the talking.  It’s a good negotiation strategy - never fill the silence.  And here it seems to be working as others are putting out statements that in my view weaken their position.

Also, they’ve had legal advice from three QCs.  No doubt this was keep your distance, don’t engage with them or your giving credence to their claims.

If the MFC and WWFC don’t accept Mel’s offer then Q take their cases to the High Court.  Both the EFL and MFC have opened that door.  Mel then agrees to indemnify them against any losses.  The outcome for Mel is still the same and avoids the EFL kangaroo court.

I agree I think q has given Efl and Boro the rope to hang themselves.and they are both doing a very good job at that.

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I think Boro claim was against Dcfc and its Directors. So it was against him and Pearce . Hopefully not Roy Mac as well.

Surely MFC's claim - as it currently appears to stand - is a claim levied by one EFL member against another EFL member. Effectively an internal dispute of two members within a private members club.

For it to be any more than that, then a Letter Before Action will need to have been served on specific individuals and/or a legal entity I doubt that has been done.

Could it now be any clearer? In the space of 48 hours the EFL have stated BOTH that the club has the offer of EITHER 'impartial' arbitration OR the High Courts as a means to satisfy claims AND that they now acknowledges MFC/WWFC as football creditors, which would leave arbitration as the sole route forward. Wholly contradictory statements and yet another example of their contemptuous abuse of power. There has been no discussion, no arbitration and no independent input to this decision, rather it is a call made arbitrarily and unilaterally by the EFL board with no outside consultation and in contravention of their own directives. Do these clowns even read what they regurgitate into the public domain? Do they not even cross-reference the claims made in one with the other? The inconsistencies (read: huge ducking porkies) are glaring and have been for two years now. Likewise Gibson who appears to have the attention span of a hungry toddler and the linguistic skills of one too.

Heads must now roll at the EFL. There is NO ROOM FOR DOUBT anymore. In their poorly conceived and executed PR campaign seeking to shift the onus to Morris, the admins and even the 'highest bidder', they have absolutely tied themselves in knots and in doing so, have threatened both the stability and integrity of the League they are meant to govern and serve. 

At this point, the 72 member clubs simply must act. There can be no remaining doubt that the EFL prioritises its own interests over those of its member clubs. Ladies and gentlemen, the tail is clearly wagging the dog. This is, of course, a wholly unacceptable state of affairs and will inevitably lead to chaos should the precedent they seek to set be entertained. Every subsequent season will start with multiple different fixture lists as the governing body and civil courts wade through dozens of spurious football related claims, clubs will be forced into admin and /or liquidation and the league system as we know it, will fail. A vote of no confidence and the immediate resignations of Rick Parry and Trevor Birch are now mandatory requirements on the long road back to credible and impartial governance of the League. For any governing body, as custodians of football, to bring bring the English game into such hopeless disrepute is simply unforgiveable and action must be taken sooner rather than later, irrespective of the situation at Derby County.

As for Messrs Gibson and Couhig, your bluff has now been called. If you truly believe in the veracity of your claims and are not simply looking to leverage the threat of liquidation to extort funds from a club who has already accepted its punishment (in keeping with the EFL's own directives), it's time for you to accept Mr Morris's offer of your day in court. Any other course of action will merely confirm suspicions of the very unsavoury motivations that have led to what appears to have been a merit-less witch-hunt borne solely out of greed and petty personal grievances. I'm looking at you specifically Gibson. You chose to prioritise continuing your spat with Mel Morris over the future of the club, the welfare of it's employees, the sustainability of local businesses and the mental health of the wider community. This will NEVER be forgotten, nor forgiven. I speak only for myself when I say that having been a chairman whom I once held in high regard, I have now come to despise everything for which you stand. 

I trust also that those on this forum who openly mocked posters who for two years have openly expressed the view that the EFL's treatment of Derby County Football Club has been less than impartial, will now take time to think about whether said posts were fair, warranted or helpful. Hindsight, it is true, is a wonderful thing, but so too is an open mind.

A last thought in regards to Mel Morris; Mel, I was one of your staunchest supporters. I was wrong. It broke my heart when you placed the club into administration. Perhaps there are mitigating circumstances as yet unknown, but we are where we are and you sir, were the custodian of this club we all love. Inevitably, the buck stops with you. All of this notwithstanding, thank you for the steps you have now taken to break the impasse. What's done can't be changed, but I do hope that this will at least give harsher critics some small pause for thought. 

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

I think Mel knows full well that the current claim is against the club, so it can’t be transferred into one against him.

What he has done is a huge PR exercise to force our opponent’s hand. He has fetched all of the EFL’s and Middlesbrough’s washing out of the laundry basket and hung it on the washing line so that everybody can see just how dirty and disgusting it is.

They now have to respond, and whatever they decide, their behaviour has been brought into the open. His offer has exposed performance, motive, collusion and corruption.

The only decent response would be for Middlesbrough to drop their claim against the club and raise a new one against Mel.

Whatever their response there now needs to be a massive PR excercise getting all their skullduggery exposed in the media so everyone is able to see what has really been going on, instead of just knowing what they have been told had happened. This includes mailing all the supporter’s associations so that they are brought up to speed as well.