The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

To be honest it’s not clear is it. 

This is inconclusive also

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17471890/Derby-rushing-legal-compensation-sell-club/amp/

Whats official arbitration !

It's certainly not being helped by people using different terms interchangeably - I mean, when a journalist says one of EFL arbitration/independent arbitration/official arbitration/legal case/legal action/court case/civil case etc, I genuinely think they could be meaning any one of a dozen unrelated things.  You cannot trust that the words they say actually mean what they intended them to mean.

My basis for interpreting it is following the EFL rules, which are the system we're currently operating under, and which say everything has to be done through their own arbitration process.  Obviously I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

1 minute ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Middlesborough and Wycombe getting hammered on Talksport by one of the match commentators and Ray Parlour. 

"Greedy pack of Wolves" etc etc. 

And rightly so. Parasites. I’m sure Derby fans will let the Boro fans know what they think in Feb- apparently a lot of DCfC fans will be in the home end. Maybe Gibson won’t show up. Gibson has no integrity with his claim, they won’t go up and will be stuffed for FFP

2 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

While we are playing the counterfactual history game (which makes me feel slightly dirty as I am a historian) ...

Let's assume we are liquidated, what happens then?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am guessing - 

We are obviously unable to fulfill our fixtures, so we immediately take one of the three relegation slots.

But then would all the points earned against us be deducted? I would have thought so. It's only fair to the teams who have outstanding fixtures against us. After all, we are rubbish and they could honestly claim they would have earned 1 or 3 pts off us.

So, off the top off my head Barnsley lose three of their precious points - could get them relegated.

Forest lose three points - could just drop them out of play-off contention.

Who would they both claim off?

Oh No GIF by The Maury Show

Hi Niall 

All of our results would be expunged from the record. 

Oddly, the rules indicate that any club failing to fulfil a fixture should compensate the opposition for lost income and expenses. In the event of liquidation, that could mean that all the clubs we still had to play would become football creditors. 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I thought I would log on for an update. I now see I shouldn’t have bothered, because it is clear no one still is any the wiser as to whether Quantuma has made a decision to:

1) Have the Boro/Wycombe matter considered under fast track arbitration by a LAP under EFL membership rules (as outlined by @duncanjwitham) or

2) Have the matter considered fast track by an Arbitration Court/High Court, outside of the EFL membership rules (as outlined by @Brailsford Ram) with Quantuma, presumably with MP, Government and HMRC support, seeking judgment the EFL rules cannot be superior to the statute of the land, and that the EFL (Boro & Wycombe) must fully accept and comply with the powers brought in under 2020 Insolvency Laws.

Surely it must be the latter, I would hope so anyway, and cannot RAMSTRUST OR BAWT get the answer to that question asap (Jim get on the phone now to Carl or Andrew!!) so that we can all chill until we know when the case will be heard.

If it  not going to the Arbitration service I am deflated and my fears for our survival have increased greatly. I have just returned from Derby Royal having had a minor pre-op. I was delighted that my blood pressure reading was so good. I fear I will have to go back and have it rechecked if the EFL are anywhere near the organising phase of the tribunal ? In the Court of Arbitration I trust. In the EFL I worry much.

9 minutes ago, Topram said:

That’s so depressing could well be the end 

I don't read it that way, its obvious if we dont get a PB that the money will run out end of Feb because we're keeping hold of our players. So they're either quietly confident they have a PB or we are just chancing it not selling anyone and hoping something works out over Feb, which could lead to us surviving both as a club and even in the championship and have a new owner. Or we end up liquidated but had a good go and we start again in league 2, we wont die either way UTR!

26 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Thanks Rammy03. Can someone download these minutes in full. I cannot read some of his text between the bottom of page 1 and the top of page 2. Can someone help a technophobe please? It probably is the most important bit !

6 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I don't read it that way, its obvious if we dont get a PB that the money will run out end of Feb because we're keeping hold of our players. So they're either quietly confident they have a PB or we are just chancing it not selling anyone and hoping something works out over Feb, which could lead to us surviving both as a club and even in the championship and have a new owner. Or we end up liquidated but had a good go and we start again in league 2, we wont die either way UTR!

We wouldn’t be in league 2 if we were liquidated 

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

A bit optimistic, and league 2? Maybe lower. Maybe the players have been kept on because there are plans in place for funding but that’s just a guess. I doubt they would bring in a lot of money or a lot of the money needed at least. 
Im resigning myself to AFC Derby County in the conference or something so if we survive it’s a bonus ! 

3 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

A bit optimistic, and league 2? Maybe lower. Maybe the players have been kept on because there are plans in place for funding but that’s just a guess. I doubt they would bring in a lot of money or a lot of the money needed at least. 
Im resigning myself to AFC Derby County in the conference or something so if we survive it’s a bonus ! 

It was reported a few weeks ago im sure that the EFL were making contingency plans for us to be in League 2 cant remember where i read it though.

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

It was reported a few weeks ago im sure that the EFL were making contingency plans for us to be in League 2 cant remember where i read it though.

Nixon tweeted something like that probably to stir up a few opposition fans 

4 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I cannot think of a single reason why they would do that, unless it's to save face the the rest of the world's population.

27 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Hi Niall 

All of our results would be expunged from the record. 

Oddly, the rules indicate that any club failing to fulfil a fixture should compensate the opposition for lost income and expenses. In the event of liquidation, that could mean that all the clubs we still had to play would become football creditors. 

An ironic historian joke ....?

If the Boro/Wycombe stance stops a takeover - mainly because the new buyers don't want to get hit down the line for a heap of cash - which is understandable - then we liquidate at some point and everybody loses.

@David 's belief is that at the very next EFL meeting after we have disintegrated they would all piously vote to make sure 'it never happened again.' If that happens I think the EFL are underestimating the blowback.

Boris might be desperate for some good works to do. Maybe Nadine Dorries will be sitting at the end of the next EFL meeting, with an unconventional agenda.