The Administration Thread

Boycie

Don’t see the point of another month.

If the EFL won’t rule on the “football/non-football creditor” thing now, they won’t next month either.

If Ashley/Appleby won’t take on the liability now then they won’t next month either. They could try and deal directly with MFC/WW to reduce the amount of their claims but they should have been doing that already if that’s the route they were going down.

In the meantime we take on MORE debt, and let MORE players go without being able to replace them.

Extending by another month would be torture and just another slash in the death by a thousand cuts routine.

Here we go. Hint of a delay and people go into meltdown, administrators have done a poo job etc etc. Mel has left a complete basket case to sort and he’s still in the background trying to avoid losing even more money paying MSD off. Add in two pariah clubs and the rest of the EFL parasites looking to go and pick at the remainder of the carcass that is Derby County, and EFL refusing to take lead in sorting out its members. This is a complex deal. 

How about the positives, the cliff edge of 1st Feb removed, parties in dialogue including EFL Boro and Wycombe (we suspect), three bidders in the race, any extension could well be Admins saying I can demonstrate funding for this month, and we’re confident we can resolve all the outstanding issues and name a preferred bidder within that timeframe which will provide the additional funding to the end of the season. EFL now being involved in dialogue and being far more informed as to the state of play agree, giving the admin more time to sort out Boro and Wycombe and complete the negotiations with 3 bidders driving a better result for the creditors and sorting out Mel.

Frustrating but the lack of info and announcements on this apart from clear indications the parties are talking can only be a good sign. Just hope as part of this we can still back other clubs off our players to keep this squad to the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

only be a good sign. ............... keep this squad to the end of the season.

Quote reduced for brevity. But your statement includes a massive contradiction. It's not a total positive - as you spin it - because it will mean we lose more of the squad.

It's a positive if ultimately we have a club. That is what really matters. But not a total positive.

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He called them in and I have no doubt the administrators communicate with him and working to get the best deal for him.

Really? Based on what exactly? To have "no doubt" about such a theory makes me think there could be kangaroos loose in your upper paddock, in fact I have no doubt.

Edited by Eatonram

7 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Is this the same Alan Nixon that said on Friday we had proof of funding through Rich Riley, or a different one?

Problem is with things like this is that he will have sources from the EFL, Derby and anyone else drip feeding information to suit their image. 

Best bet is ignoring all the different rumours and just waiting. It is brutally painful, but you are only going to get more and more fretted about the situation if you keep reading into what these people are saying.

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Quote reduced for brevity. But your statement includes a massive contradiction. It's not a total positive - as you spin it - because it will mean we lose more of the squad.

It's a positive if ultimately we have a club. That is what really matters. But not a total positive.

Agree. We could lose more of the squad if offers come in, unable to add to the squad and contracts running down.

In other words being asset stripped

1 hour ago, Indy said:

But that was my whole point - sorry if I wasn’t clear. The accounts did reflect EFL rules, because the rules themselves only asked for audit compliant accounts. If the rules had said “straight-line amortisation of player value over the period of the contract/a fixed period” then they could challenge them even if they were audit-compliant. 

The rules say much more than that the accounts need to be audited. The rules say they need to comply with the accounting standards. 

And you can argue they were wrong, but the LAP found that ours did not. 

8 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Here we go. Hint of a delay and people go into meltdown, administrators have done a poo job etc etc. Mel has left a complete basket case to sort and he’s still in the background trying to avoid losing even more money paying MSD off. Add in two pariah clubs and the rest of the EFL parasites looking to go and pick at the remainder of the carcass that is Derby County, and EFL refusing to take lead in sorting out its members. This is a complex deal. 

It beggars belief that posters believe what this hack posts, TB on the EFL board has had fingers pointing at him for leaking alledged information, So lets get this into perspective aye, A meeting today at what time I do not know and yet Nixon has been "briefed" that it's going to be another month of agony(for some) after the EFL briefed that Q had moved forward in talks.

Get a bloody grip people.

8 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Really? Based on what exactly? To have "no doubt" about such a theory makes me think there could be kangaroos loose in your upper paddock, in fact I have no doubt.

Kangaroos loose all over the place.

Not proof, just evidence that other fans, more connected, have the same thoughts.

Screenshot_20220125-114553_Twitter.jpg

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

Just now, Unlucky Alf said:

It beggars belief that posters believe what this hack posts, TB on the EFL board has had fingers pointing at him for leaking alledged information, So lets get this into perspective aye, A meeting today at what time I do not know and yet Nixon has been "briefed" that it's going to be another month of agony(for some) after the EFL briefed that Q had moved forward in talks.

Get a bloody grip people.

Tbf everyone is on tenterhooks so even the slightest whiff causes panic.