The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Maybe the HMRC informed the EFL that they would be suing them if they stopped Derby paying the TAX MAN - it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest 

Pretty sure that will have been part of the political pressure. Would be very different if noone wants to buy us but apparently some heroic mad people do. How can you defend that loss to the public purse in the circumstances? Dont think "mr gibson said it wasnt fair" will wash somehow 

13 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

No not yet because we don't owe them any money. But they will be if they win their claims unless there's a legal ruling to the contrary.

But the claims cannot progress through administration. By which time their claims will be reduced or extinguished.  

5 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Pretty sure that will have been part of the political pressure. Would be very different if noone wants to buy us but apparently some heroic mad people do. How can you defend that loss to the public purse in the circumstances? Dont think "mr gibson said it wasnt fair" will wash somehow 

The minister said HMRC isn't the issue. At least it isn't provided Gibson and Couhig stop digging their oar in. 

It feels like the anger and panic on these threads I’d  dwindling somewhat.

Is   that due to acceptance of our fate there’s nothing more we can do about it here,  nothing more to say - it’s already all been said a thousand times,  bored by it all now - no energy left 

4 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Is   that due to acceptance of our fate there’s nothing more we can do about it here,  nothing more to say - it’s already all been said a thousand times,  bored by it all now - no energy left 

Possibly. It might also be that the 'noises' coming from EFL and media seem a bit more positive too (been here before though, so it might not last... people need a rest before Round 2!)? 

Edited by LazloW

2 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Possibly. It might also be that the 'noises' seem a bit more positive too? 

Hoping it’s that. I’m waiting for some positive news and feel it is around the corner now. 
good times ahead 

but still a bit deflated after the result at the weekend

Edited by StrawHillRam

10 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

No, just waiting to see what happens in the next day or two. 

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The minister said HMRC isn't the issue. At least it isn't provided Gibson and Couhig stop digging their oar in. 

HMRC will always accept a payment plan provided it is realistic and presented alongside a business plan which can be monitored, this I can confirm from recent experience, my offer would be 50% upfront and then the remainder at £292k per month over 48 months, no way HMRC would turn that proposal down.

That would make an offer of £28million very doable/workable and would /should satisfy the EFL, with the stadium now sorted whether by purchase or leasehold agreement, I am 100% confident that the Rams will be safe by 2/1/22, 

5 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Hoping it’s that. I’m waiting for some positive news and feel it is around the corner now. 
good times ahead 

but still a bit deflated after the result at the weekend

I agree with all you say but there is a limit to what any of us can do. We need £5million in a few days so it’s beyond a whip round. The MPs and the big businesses are just posturing not doing anything constructive.

The buyers left in the race would only be interested in turning their investment into profit, nothing wrong with that but I doubt we’re looking at a big benefactor. Beggars can’t be choosers!

3 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

HMRC will always accept a payment plan provided it is realistic and presented alongside a business plan which can be monitored, this I can confirm from recent experience, my offer would be 50% upfront and then the remainder at £292k per month over 48 months, no way HMRC would turn that proposal down.

That would make an offer of £28million very doable/workable and would /should satisfy the EFL, with the stadium now sorted whether by purchase or leasehold agreement, I am 100% confident that the Rams will be safe by 2/1/22, 

Ha ha ha. If you think that any of the bidders are going to commit paying the HMRC debt off in full, over a 4 year period, you should seek some medical assistance.  I reckon the bidders will be at about £7.5m in one lump sum; take it or leave it HMRC.

8 minutes ago, Rev said:

When you're tired and weary,

Your heart will skip a beat,

You'll get your funking head messed up,

When you read a Nixon tweet.

But on streets of Teeside,

They'll hear a mighty roar,

Eff off you pube haired barsteward,

We are the Derby boys.

I started reading this as if it was a nice little poem but ended up in the South Stand

21 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

I can confirm by 2/1/22 we were not....(it's 1/2/22 over here,we do it properly ??)

Question - football creditors get 100% of money owed, with us reported to owe Arsenal 8m for Bielik.

Do we have to pay all that 8m in one go during this admin process? As those payments would have been staggered over X amount of years had we not gone into admin.

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Question - football creditors get 100% of money owed, with us reported to owe Arsenal 8m for Bielik.

Do we have to pay all that 8m in one go during this admin process? As those payments would have been staggered over X amount of years had we not gone into admin.

No - we dont have to pay it off in one go. We can continue to pay off at the original phasing agreed at the time of the transfer however we will have some catching up to do in the summer as because we were in administration Arsenal allowed us to delay the last payment that was due a few months ago until the end of the season.