The Administration Thread

Boycie

Another ludicrous element to the EFLs position is that if we sell players and use the proceeds to run the Club till the end of the season, then ultimately this means less potential funds to pay creditors, even the "football" ones.........the whole situation is like Monty Python on steroids. It's bonkers. The only way to get to a situation where creditors get something, is for a take over to be allowed to happen. The EFL are helping Boro and Wycombe to the detriment of every other "real" creditor....it is absolutely criminal.

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Just something I’ve been sent today, could he absolute bs so take with a pinch of salt but same person who said the the staff meeting was happening today. Don’t shoot me down I’m not ITK.

“Ashley has bid as per media and it’s by far the biggest bid so far. The admins were aiming to be in a position to have announced Applebys crew by now but because Ashley’s bid trumps theirs and they can’t match it, they are taking Ashley’s bid forward as obviously it strikes a better deal for the creditors

Unfortunately Ashley’s bid has come at a bad time, right in the middle of January so the admins now need to go through the legal process and due diligence and pass the EFL owners and directors test which all take time. This was presented to the EFL yesterday who explained that waiting for Ashley to be announced pb and then finance the club simply isn’t going to cut it.”

no preferred bidder = no signing of players until evidence of funding has been produced. 

I have heard this as well from a fairly reliable source.

I think the EFL also are concerned that Ashley has the clout to create change as well within the EFL. (putting it politely).

Edited by I DONT MIND

14 minutes ago, Crewton said:

There's also no guarantee (and slim chance I'd say) that if we sell players we'll raise enough to finish the season, because we're supposed to accept any old bid that comes in.

What a shower of poo* the EFL are. ?

We've probably saved maybe £300k over next 4 months in wages by letting 3 players go. We need maybe £6 million to the end of season.  So only £5.7 million to go. Each player we let go saves in wages. But I doubt we get the transfer fee up front.    

I would appeal to Niall Horan to chip in a reasonable amount to start a crowd funding effort to see us through to the end of the season and to employ Nick De Marco to tackle the nasty two in court. There must be tens of thousands of Rams who would chip in, and social media would accelerate interest. 

Come on Niall or this club is only going in one direction ?.

3 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

We should be instructing lawyers to go to the high court and get a high court injunction against the EFL interfering in the legal process of Administration. We are being forced to settle an untested case with Boro/Wycombe under duress.

I think something has to be done to stop Gibson and his cronies at the EFL. Not sure about the legalities of that, but the EFL's actions have been consistently unreasonable if not unlawful. They have previous form too, lots of it.   

Just now, hintonsboots said:

I would appeal to Niall Horan to chip in a reasonable amount to start a crowd funding effort to see us through to the end of the season and to employ Nick De Marco to tackle the nasty two in court. There must be tens of thousands of Rams who would chip in, and social media would accelerate interest. 

He tweeted his opposition to Mike Ashley taking us over, but seemingly has little other suggestions as to how we get out of this mess.

It's obviously not his responsibility to pump his money in to helping us, nor is it his responsibility to enlist the help of his 14-year-old, One Direction loving followers. However if all of his followers donated on average £1 each, he'd have nearly enough to pay off the creditors (according to the admins). If I was in his position, I'd be tempted to start some kind of fundraiser at least.

2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I agree we need our rich fans and local businesses to help but I think we need a local well known and loved figurehead like Roy Mac to actually make the appeal like Linacre did for Leicester.

8 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Is it true, @Brailsford Ram that the EFl adjudicates on disputes between clubs? Others on here have said that the rules state simply that disputes between clubs need to go to arbitration not the Courts 

Yes I think it may well be Arbitration and not a tribunal but the result of the arbitration is binding without a right of appeal. I was writing it off the top of my ahead in a bit of an angry mood. I hope that clarifies it.

31 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

If any of this EFL adding boro & Wycombe to the creditors list or telling us to settle is entirely true what legal reasons do the admins have to not publicly say so?

“X is our preferred bidder who covers Y cost of purchasing/financing the club. However X has now withdrawn their offer as the EFL have told Admins that the claims from Boro & Wycombe must be settled out of court. Yada yada against own EFL rules yada yada”

The 2 parasitic clubs in question cannot be creditors of any kind football or any other as we do not owe either of them (morally nor legally) a penny.

If the EFL insist on adding them to our liabilities (of which they have no right) as Football creditors we should challenge them through the law of the land. Subsequently we should sue the EFL for restriction of practice resulting in them being in breach of anti-competition laws.

Get the gloves off and if we are to go down, then we get a few blows in and bloody some noses on our way out #wellfighttotheend

Edited by Ted McMinn Football Genius

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

He tweeted his opposition to Mike Ashley taking us over, but seemingly has little other suggestions as to how we get out of this mess.

It's obviously not his responsibility to pump his money in to helping us, nor is it his responsibility to enlist the help of his 14-year-old, One Direction loving followers. However if all of his followers donated on average £1 each, he'd have nearly enough to pay off the creditors (according to the admins). If I was in his position, I'd be tempted to start some kind of fundraiser at least.

People like Horan  didn’t understand the severity of the situation.

Completely misguided .

He won’t put any money in nor will his fans 

Edited by Curtains

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Same question though, why would the EFL want to engineer our liquidation? (after all. they can't put us into liquidation themselves)

One possible reason I can think of.

They can see the shitshow heading footballs way through the forward reporting of clubs as required under P&S regulations. 

With Derby out of the picture, they can change the rules to head off multiple teams being docked points for non compliance. In fact, they could probably point to our demise as a reason the rules need adapting, to protect their member clubs.

Even if we're only relegated, rather than obliterated, we'll be under a different P&S regime in League One, with far less of a voice.

If we were somehow to survive in the Championship, they'd have no chance of changing anything, not without DCFC kicking up hell about it.

5 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

That's my biggest concern of all concerns at the minute, a firesale may not even be enough, and if that's the case what exactly have we got left to try? I can't think of anything.

We certainly need to raise the cash to clear transfer payments due pronto.  With cash coming into the club through the gate I really can't see how we are having to borrow some much money with a largely reduced wage bill, if we are, then at this stage highest earners need to go .  Marshall has. so were looking at Byrne - nominal fee, Lawrence - nominal fee and Jozwiak and Bielik - maybe 1.5 million in our current state. Bielik/Jozwiak may go for a loan to remove wages till the summer. 

To cover those transfer fees and provide a cash cushion were looking at youngsters with potential, probably Ebosele who 6 months left for 500k and Knight/Bird for a couple of million, as I suspect we'd have more than 1 interested in Knight particularly.   The job has now changed from buyer to survival thanks to a combination of EFL ******** and ill prepared administrators who've been rabbit in headlights from Day 1 bending over backwards.  If you allow a bully to push you from the first day at school, they keep doing it.

That gets you to May with no team and probably no buyer as it doesn't relieve debt owed.  Can't see anything but doom in the next week at this point.  How a club that brings in 30 million a year can be in this state is incomprehensible as is the one-upmanship and incompetence from the EFL and admin team attempting to sort it.  

3 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Well quantuma said a statement later today which could still happen or another simple deadline they can’t stick too maybe? 

I’m going to assume it’s taking a lot of time and thought . A lot has happened today for them to explain and I would assume they aren’t stupid enough to realise a 4 line ‘progress is being made’ type comment is going to wash today. I’d expect something to be released by 7pm though.