The Administration Thread

Boycie

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Blimey some of you lot are getting duped a bit easy this morning aren’t you?

Some of us have very young children and spend the vast majority of the day bleary eyed, atleast that’s my excuse anyway.

You’ll learn yothe!

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

They can announce PB of course. But here’s the thing: without Gibson they can announce PB having 95% confidence that the deal will proceed. That number is much lower if the Gibson problem isn’t fixed. 

This is the circular argument, can't fix without an owner.

Need an owner to tell them to do one, well do two!

11 hours ago, S8TY said:

The whole point of appointing administrators is so they can look at potential buyers/investors to see if they are credible enough to take on the debt and move the club out of admin.....so why would the EFL be asking for proof of funds ??? insinuating there overriding the administrators

So admin select the preffered bidder ( based on having the funds ) and then they take the club over but the EFL want to also see proof of funds!! Sorry but this either total tosh or the story has been glorified to make it appear massive news...when it isnt!

The longer this goes on though the more the story will gain negativity....I can't help thinking that the weasel Gibson and two bob Wycombe are not helping this process....please please Derby do not give them parasites one penny 

Suspect this is the EFL’s response to clubs moaning about us not accepting bids.  We now have to prove funds are in place to end the season if there is no takeover completed (still hurdles to cross).  If we can’t (suspect we need extra funding) then we will be “encouraged” to raise funds through player sales.  WE ARE GETTING TOO CLOSE TO SURVIVING RELEGATION FOR THE EFLs LIKING

ps. Sorry for shouting 

The Gibson issue may go away very quickly if the PB is announced, he is using his claim to slow the process down. He needs his bluff calling, get the PB in then tell him to take it to arbitration/Court if he wants. He knows he won't win any case should he do it, otherwise he would have pushed it further by now. A I have said it isn't about money, it is about getting us relegated. He isn't necessarily greedy, just spiteful.

3 minutes ago, chipperram said:

The Gibson issue may go away very quickly if the PB is announced, he is using his claim to slow the process down. He needs his bluff calling, get the PB in then tell him to take it to arbitration/Court if he wants. He knows he won't win any case should he do it, otherwise he would have pushed it further by now. A I have said it isn't about money, it is about getting us relegated. He isn't necessarily greedy, just spiteful.

Exactly.....

55 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Apart from they have given us the requirements under which we need to work with. Wage Cap etc. So their just interfering for the sake of it, without being privvy to the discussions actually happening.

The amazing thing for me is we are actually on the Preferred Bidder Announcement Day (I don't think it will happen though!) and as fans, we are actually no further down the line in knowing. Some think its Ashley, some think its Appleby.

I genuinely think it will come out through a media source before its officially announced. Why? Because the public will be the last to know and so many people will find out officially before us that it will be leaked.

Has anyone noticed that’s it’s AA to the rescue - Appleby / Ashley 

Just now, DavesaRam said:

No. You save the kittens so you can use them to club the seals with. That then will save a few trees being turned into clubs.

Not that I am suggesting anyone is a tree hugger.

Except reluctant nico, perhaps.

I think this raises questions for the forums sustainable environment policy.

I suppose we'll get the usual "kitten is no good for seal clubbing that's why you must use the ivory" line for management...

Quick question for anyone who might know but can be name Ashley as preferred bidder if he hasn’t put a bid in. He could be at the still mulling it over phase and we need someone concrete who is in there and ready. Possibly he is as the admins will no more than us 

17 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Suspect this is the EFL’s response to clubs moaning about us not accepting bids.  We now have to prove funds are in place to end the season if there is no takeover completed (still hurdles to cross).  If we can’t (suspect we need extra funding) then we will be “encouraged” to raise funds through player sales.  WE ARE GETTING TOO CLOSE TO SURVIVING RELEGATION FOR THE EFLs LIKING

ps. Sorry for shouting 

Yep. That's my interpretation too. 

5 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

I had thought that the 12 point deduction was the sanction for bringing uncertainty to the league by going into administration.

Is there a further sanction on the table if the Administrators cannot guarantee funds for the rest of the season?

Only if we fail to pay the players = suspended 3 point deduction 

if we fail to finish the season why would the EFL be bothered - we have beaten most teams anyway and there is no integrity to final league positions anyway