The Administration Thread

Boycie

I'd rather Ashley in all honesty.  Just think he is what we NEED right now, even if long term he isn't what we would want.

Appleby always struck me as a decent guy, but for some reason I'm not entirely comfortable about this bid. That may be the rumours around funding levels however.

Alternatively maybe Sheikh Khaled has returned and finally provided evidence of funds...

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Didn't the administrator's mention something along the lines of the preferred bidder agreeing to provide the funds straight away?

Yes the plan was to get 5m from the PB. But I think the admins may have to change that if the Gibson problem remains. Because the PB won’t agree to become PB if he’s required to provide funds without a clean route to purchase 

16 minutes ago, roboto said:

No. There's a Boro representitive on the board, but not the curly one.

I think it's been discussed before that this person wouldn't be allowed to work on, or have any decision making powers, on a case directly involving their club.

But would they be allowed to be involved in ruling if we had proof of funds to complete the season, and if not to block new signings by us? None of that is technically linked to the Boro claim. 

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes the plan was to get 5m from the PB. But I think the admins may have to change that if the Gibson problem remains. Because the PB won’t agree to become PB if he’s required to provide funds without a clean route to purchase 

Didn’t the administrator say that the Middlesbrough and Wycombe issues wouldn’t prevent the announcement of a PB or am I imagining that? Of course things might have changed since they said that and perhaps that’s why the “imminent” announcement never occurred.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Didn’t the administrator say that the Middlesbrough and Wycombe issues wouldn’t prevent the announcement of a PB or am I imagining that? Of course things might have changed since they said that and perhaps that’s why the “imminent” announcement never occurred.

They can announce PB of course. But here’s the thing: without Gibson they can announce PB having 95% confidence that the deal will proceed. That number is much lower if the Gibson problem isn’t fixed.