The Administration Thread

Boycie

16 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You are afraid .

Blimey you are afraid of Rooney as well mate .

You thought he was useless 

He was second half of last season….some of the worst football and performances I have ever seen. Doing better this season. He would get an interview for the Manager’s job if I was the new owner ??

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Sorry, @RoyMac5, I'm sure you're just looking for another fight. I'm sure you are aware of Ashley's employment practices - and, if not, I'm sure you know how to conduct Internet searches.

It's all the stuff mentioned on here: zero hour contacts, use of low cost foreign workers as opposed to using the local workforce, thus driving wedges into the community (arguably fuelling xenophobia and the drive towards Brexit).

But, as you and others say, there will be very few, if any, successful business people with clean ethical records so.....

We're getting into politics here. I completely disagree that zero hour contracts and use of foreign workers are unethical. That's a huge leap to say it drove Brexit too. 

Ashley has money, has experience and the contacts to rescue and leave Derby in a better position than many others will ever have. He's not the human rights violator you seem to be portraying.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope, not seen this. Where are the local workforce as opposed to the 'foreign workers' then? 

The xenophobia and drive towards Brexit? Hmmm.

No wonder you tell me to google and have no answer that you direct towards Ashley.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-36855374 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/sports-direct-mike-ashley-worker-conditions-minimum-wage-ian-wright-investigation-a7149971.html?amp 

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/08/inhumane-sports-direct-mike-ashley-workforce

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He was second half of last season….some of the worst football and performances I have ever seen. Doing better this season. He would get an interview for the Manager’s job if I was the new owner ??

Would you give it him though mate 

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

Hopefully it's part of his MO to get things concluded quickly then. I hope he knows the ins and outs and isn't going to spend weeks analysing it before submitting whatever has been prepared.

Those two Scottish businessmen that were involved early on but walked away were linked to Ashley. Perhaps they retrieved all the information for him, then 'withdrew' so Ashley could assess without putting his hat in the ring.

Good point. Once creditors smell a “loads o money” figure the price goes up .. but arrive at the last when they are staring at liquidation and 5p in the pound - suddenly there isn’t time to be play hard. 

Anyone, literally anyone, who saves our club is welcome. Out of everyone seriously linked to date, I'd choose Mike Ashley. He knows how to get a club on a sound footing and promoted. Proven.

Sam Rush was involved in a set of transfer business which did more for his clients bank balance than the club's progress. Appleby presided over solid but grindingly slow progress. Gadsby (and the LoG) dug us out of a hole but then....shudder.

It's a no-brainer for me....but any port in a storm.

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

"This suggests Mr Ashley was turning a blind eye to conditions at Sports Direct in the interests of maximising profits, or that there are serious corporate governance failings which left him out of the loop in spite of all the evidence.

"Mike Ashley had to be brought kicking and screaming to answer the committee's questions.

"To Mr Ashley's credit, when he gave evidence he was open and willing to engage and he is now setting out some of the steps which Sports Direct needs to take to stop these practices recurring."

35 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I wasn't comparing them.

I was merely comparing the reaction of our supporters in the two cases.

But hey ho, seems you cannot have a dissenting voice on here. I'm being accused of not wanting the club to survive simply because I'd rather us have a different owner than Ashley. How democratic is that?

At the moment beggars cant be choosers, but are you trying to say that rush is more trustworthy than ashley.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"To Mr Ashley's credit, when he gave evidence he was open and willing to engage and he is now setting out some of the steps which Sports Direct needs to take to stop these practices recurring."

Haven't you noticed that whenever there's a public enquiry about anything, actions of the police, NHS, councils etc. the statement put out is always "since the events mentioned, we have adopted new working practices"?

16 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Why do you think I'm not?????

Just because I would rather a different owner than Ashley.

That's a ridiculous extrapolation and I'm upset and offended by it.

Mate you are entitled to your opinion and of course I know you want the best for DCFC .

We just see it differently.

Once again sorry if I offended you I really didn’t mean to 

Just now, IslandExile said:

Haven't you noticed that whenever there's a public enquiry about anything, actions of the police, NHS, councils etc. the statement put out is always "since the events mentioned, we have adopted new working practices"?

No I haven't. Better than ignoring it don't you think.