The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

We need the club to survive - for sure - but I would much rather a different owner than Ashley. That's all.

We may all be saying the same thing in 5 years time but right now he’s the difference between getting out of this with a CVA or not, and couldn’t bear to start league one on -15 pts.

Anybody that is willing to spend £50m+ on a football club in our state needs all the backing he can get. 

He’s certainly not coming to sit at the bottom of the Championship, he’s a guy that know how to get out of this league and keep it sustainable in the best league in the world. 

If there’s anybody who has a problem with that, maybe it’s you that’s the problem. 

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Is this in the Joiners?

You are clearly VERY naive. There's no such thing as a nice/pleasant successful business owner, they are all bar stewards, in fact, ruthless bar stewards by nature. People think Gibson at Boro is a nice guy ffs!

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What does he know about Appleby, Rush et al's morals then?

? 

I get that everyone is excited about the club being saved but does that mean we turn a blind eye to anything and everything?

It's not that long ago when the majority on here were calling out Newcastle fans for welcoming new owners with 'questionable' backgrounds/associations.

Fine, rah, rah, rah Mike Ashley, rah, rah, rah.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

?

I get that everyone is excited about the club being saved but does that mean we turn a blind eye to anything and everything?

It's not that long ago when the majority on here were calling out Newcastle fans for welcoming new owners with 'questionable' backgrounds/associations.

Mate do you want Derby County to survive or not !

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

?

Bit harsh to mention Mike Ashley alongside oppressive totalitarian regime who regularly commit murder. At worst he is a ruthless capitalist 

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

?

Go on then call Ashley out for us - I'm not sure of your problem.

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

?

are you really comparing zero hour contracts and/or minimum wages to the abuse of human rights?

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Mate do you want Derby County to survive or not !

Of course I do. But I guess you haven't read my other comments.

I desperately want Derby to survive....I just wish it would be under a different owner, that's all. If that's not going to happen, then so be it, let it be Ashley.

Folks are giddy with excitement, perhaps fuelled by the relief that we could be saved, but the reactions I've received from folks I've previously respected, just for saying "I'd rather someone else become the owner" has surprised me.

32 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I guess this is where see who is most reliable as all the below usual suspects have tonight provided 3 different scenario's/timescales - 

John Percy - says exclusivity decision expected later this month

Alan Nixon - says a sale cannot be done until Wycombe & Middlesbrough are sorted

Sky Sports News - say Ashley could be named as preferred bidder within 48 hours

Percy is the author of this article https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/01/07/mike-ashley-considering-takeover-bid-Derby-county/

Mike Ashley is a successful and astute businessman. As he hasn't invented anything, his success is rooted in leveraging value from distressed assets. 

It's a relatively straightforward concept. I've been advising an organisation with whom Ashley is trying to do a deal to offload the house of fraser pension scheme. 

So he buys cheap and quick, then has a look at liabilities he can offload and assets he can easily exploit to increase value. Eg by using the ground as a cheap advertising vehicle for his sports business. 

In NUFCs case, the asset side had already been done, so it was a big cost cutting exercise. 

Now there may be a certain amount of cost "fat" to be trimmed from DCFC, but that's a one time thing. We're hoping he wants to grow revenue by tilting for the Prem league. 

One cautionary note, his investment into NUFC was, like everyone else's, through loans. 110m or so of the purchase price from the Saudis went back to him. Was interest free mind, not like MSD. 

So it'll be interesting, but not I think messianic in terms of its impact on DCFC. 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Why would he not choose to take on Boro and Wycombe?

For the same reason it's been a stumbling block for the sale process all along - that he decides he doesn't want to risk a verdict that means buying the club will cost him significantly more than agreeing an out of court settlement might. 

We've no idea what his view of those claims is and so can't assume he'll want to challenge them in Court. 

6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Bit harsh to mention Mike Ashley alongside oppressive totalitarian regime who regularly commit murder. At worst he is a ruthless capitalist 

4 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

are you really comparing zero hour contracts and/or minimum wages to the abuse of human rights?

I wasn't comparing them.

I was merely comparing the reaction of our supporters in the two cases.

But hey ho, seems you cannot have a dissenting voice on here. I'm being accused of not wanting the club to survive simply because I'd rather us have a different owner than Ashley. How democratic is that?

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I desperately want Derby to survive....I just wish it would be under a different owner, that's all. If that's not going to happen, then so be it, let it be Ashley.

Folks are giddy with excitement, perhaps fuelled by the relief that we could be saved, but the reactions I've received from folks I've previously respected, just for saying "I'd rather someone else become the owner" has surprised me.

I take your point about Ashley. He doesn’t seem a nice guy and has treated his workforce very badly. If we could have a better, more ethical owner takeover I would be all for it. However, when push comes to shove, if it’s Ashley or liquidation I will take Ashley I am afraid ?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I take your point about Ashley. He doesn’t seem a nice guy and has treated his workforce very badly. If we could have a better, more ethical owner takeover I would be all for it. However, when push comes to shove, if it’s Ashley or liquidation I will take Ashley I am afraid ?

Me too.

And that's all I said in the first place.

For which I've since been lambasted.

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It’s your opinion but if Mike Ashley thinks he’s not wanted at Derby then that would be very sad for Derby County as the other bids will mean years of strife if we survive at all. 

That’s all and it may not happen anyway. 

I don’t want Ashley to get the impression he’s not wanted because I think he is .

Maybe one of you famous polls would be a good idea on the preferred bidder