The Administration Thread

Boycie

Whats holding this all up is the claims by Middlesbrough and wycombe and i dont see how thay can be settled until court . It isnt right should they win the new owners foot the bill . This if fair should be paid by mel but we all know the claims are pathetic and being used to delay the takeover and send us down . I dont see how they can settle this early and announce a preferred bidder .

5 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Whats holding this all up is the claims by Middlesbrough and wycombe and i dont see how thay can be settled until court . It isnt right should they win the new owners foot the bill . This if fair should be paid by mel but we all know the claims are pathetic and being used to delay the takeover and send us down . I dont see how they can settle this early and announce a preferred bidder .

I wish it could be so but the claims are, and can only be (IMO) against the club not the owners.

10 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

I agree its very messy. For a Creditors Agreement to work, they have to have a vote and I don't see how that can happen when these dodgy claims exist which are of uncertain value (probably close to zero) and even of uncertain status (are they football creditors or not). So we maybe stuck with a Restructuring arrangement, which requires going to court.   

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I agree its very messy. For a Creditors Agreement to work, they have to have a vote and I don't see how that can happen when these dodgy claims exist which are of uncertain value (probably close to zero) and even of uncertain status (are they football creditors or not). So we maybe stuck with a Restructuring arrangement, which requires going to court.   

Have you been googling again Pete? Have you more details you can share regarding this creditors agreement and/or restructuring arrangement process you refer to? 

23 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Have you been googling again Pete? Have you more details you can share regarding this creditors agreement and/or restructuring arrangement process you refer to? 

Last thing I Googled was Brie Larson who I discovered belongs in the Marvel Universe. the photos confirm this.

I think BAWT produced some stuff on the CVA/ restructuring options a while back . 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

They are not a “creditor” at all. There is no contract between the parties no invoice for services or products. This is a speculative claim for unproven damages. If I sent in a claim for a stiff neck from watching hoofball  in the Boro fixture at Pride Park would I become a creditor? 

36 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

They are not a “creditor” at all. There is no contract between the parties no invoice for services or products. This is a speculative claim for unproven damages. If I sent in a claim for a stiff neck from watching hoofball  in the Boro fixture at Pride Park would I become a creditor? 

I've pointed this out but people are getting a bit caught up in the dramatic headlines.  Not to say it won't hold things up, depends if an investor is willing to take on the battle, but it has no bearing on completion of a purchase or settling debt as an entity.  THEY ARE NOT A CREDITOR.

I can’t see too many players leaving or even signing contracts to be honest for the first 2-3 weeks of the window, I think if nothing is sorted by then there will be a mad dash on transfers. This is partly because money is tight all the way through the division and partly because the set of circumstances the players find themselves in. When your Jan signings need a bit of impact on your season then maybe the player you don’t need is someone who’s spent the first half of the season in our scenario. The only potentials I see is Knight to a prem side plus Roos and Marshall going (think Dawes hinted at this before the Stoke game). 

It’s the contracts of those we’ve currently got being tied up that im more concerned about but again you have to hope players are holding on to see what happens, also I can see Rooney, Rosenior and te senior players are telling the rest that any thoughts about contests such be the furthest thing from their minds right now  

56 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I can’t see too many players leaving or even signing contracts to be honest for the first 2-3 weeks of the window, I think if nothing is sorted by then there will be a mad dash on transfers. This is partly because money is tight all the way through the division and partly because the set of circumstances the players find themselves in. When your Jan signings need a bit of impact on your season then maybe the player you don’t need is someone who’s spent the first half of the season in our scenario. The only potentials I see is Knight to a prem side plus Roos and Marshall going (think Dawes hinted at this before the Stoke game). 

It’s the contracts of those we’ve currently got being tied up that im more concerned about but again you have to hope players are holding on to see what happens, also I can see Rooney, Rosenior and te senior players are telling the rest that any thoughts about contests such be the furthest thing from their minds right now  

The delays, if they are delays, though are creating a problem for the Administrators. Let’s say offers are tabled by a few clubs this month for Bird, Thompson, Knight and Buchanan. I can imagine a few premiership clubs are sniffing. Firm offers on the table have to be considered by the Administrators, and it becomes their judgment call. Their prime responsibility is the creditors not unfortunately the football club.

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

The delays, if they are delays, though are creating a problem for the Administrators. Let’s say offers are tabled by a few clubs this month for Bird, Thompson, Knight and Buchanan. I can imagine a few premiership clubs are sniffing. Firm offers on the table have to be considered by the Administrators, and it becomes their judgment call. Their prime responsibility is the creditors not unfortunately the football club.

You still can’t force a player to sign for another club - wouldn’t it be lovely to hear them saying that if it was tried and they didn’t want to, I mean would you want to sign for Blackpool for £100,000 or Preston for £80,0000 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I've pointed this out but people are getting a bit caught up in the dramatic headlines.  Not to say it won't hold things up, depends if an investor is willing to take on the battle, but it has no bearing on completion of a purchase or settling debt as an entity.  THEY ARE NOT A CREDITOR.

Correct they are not a creditor but consider if somebody takes us over and then their claim for compensation goes to court and somehow they win,who but the new owners would have to find the settlement. That's what is holding things back in my opinion

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

You still can’t force a player to sign for another club - wouldn’t it be lovely to hear them saying that if it was tried and they didn’t want to, I mean would you want to sign for Blackpool for £100,000 or Preston for £80,0000 

Fora fan yes, but for a creditor, no! 
we still don’t know what (or if) any deal with HMRC says. It could include a provision that the club make every effort to repay as much as possible through the sale of assets, and the clubs only tangible assets are…

6 minutes ago, Maharan said:

we still don’t know what (or if) any deal with HMRC says. It could include a provision that the club make every effort to repay as much as possible through the sale of assets, and the clubs only tangible assets are…

Sell the printer sell the lawnmower but you can’t force a human being to sign for another club if they don’t want to 

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

First point accepted, but I really wasn’t thinking of Blackpool or Preston when I made my post. I can imagine teams like Newcastle, Burnley, West Ham, Southampton, Crystal Palace, Leeds, and a few more from the Premier thinking about £3m plus bids for at least a couple of those I mentioned. 

p.s. I personally would be happy to sign for Blackpool or Preston. Bit Rusty now, but I reckon I could do a job.

8 minutes ago, Maharan said:

Fire sales never work in raising worthwhile funds though. I could see an agreement working with HMRC where DCFC have to undertake to accept any offers that meet reasonable valuations, but as others have said, no-one can force a player to agree to a move, not even the taxman, so it's not a very reliable method, as the EFL found out with Birmingham over Che Adams.