Be prepared... Covid Pass required for matchdays...

Mucker1884

I welcome this, its not about you, its the people you potentially infect, the elderly and vulnerable including your relatives.  People are still laughing at masks and not trusting vaccines, that fine, you have a choice, but so does DCFC and they have a duty of care to their fans!!!  Just as you have a right not to be vaccinated or want to wear a mask, DCFCs has a right to refuse you entry! 

At least we are not at the point of compulsory vaccination like some countries in the EU.  You 'still' have a choice, life is full of choices, but, you need to accept your choices sometimes have consequences.  I've personally had 3 jabs and the flu jab, why to keep myself and my relative safe.

Its simple if you want entry get jabbed, if your not exempt and don't want to get jabbed, you have to accept the consequences of not being allowed in, its a choice....

An anti-vaxer and campaigner who attended lots of C19 anti-vaccination rallies who lived in Willington, is no longer with us, sadly, he endured a terrible fate on a ventilator which lasted for about 10 weeks and ultimately died. 

Lets all stay as safe ae we can, be it by taking the vaccination or by respecting the rules by not attending the game, we all have a choice!   

Edited by RAM1966

3 hours ago, Ram Logan Josh said:

I'm going to the Cardiff game (2 consecutive away games for first time ever - very fractional fan!).  I'm way over age 16... The Welsh govt seems to have been a bit stricter on Covid measures throughout the pandemic - anyone know if they've announced any extra measures?

Cheers

RLJ

You need a Covid Pass (or alternative) as per Derby ticket page.

My Welsh cousin recommended also bringing real passport too - but that might be overkill.

29 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

I welcome this, its not about you, its the people you potentially infect, the elderly and vulnerable including your relatives.  People are still laughing at masks and not trusting vaccines, that fine, you have a choice, but so does DCFC and they have a duty of care to their fans!!!  Just as you have a right not to be vaccinated or want to wear a mask, DCFCs has a right to refuse you entry! 

At least we are not at the point of compulsory vaccination like some countries in the EU.  You 'still' have a choice, life is full of choices, but, you need to accept your choices sometimes have consequences.  I've personally had 3 jabs and the flu jab, why to keep myself and my relative safe.

Its simple if you want entry get jabbed, if your not exempt and don't want to get jabbed, you have to accept the consequences of not being allowed in, its a choice....

An anti-vaxer and campaigner who attended lots of C19 anti-vaccination rallies who lived in Willington, is no longer with us, sadly, he endured a terrible fate on a ventilator which lasted for about 10 weeks and ultimately died. 

Lets all stay as safe ae we can, be it by taking the vaccination or by respecting the rules by not attending the game, we all have a choice!   

It's not worked in any country its been imposed. If you've been vaccinated brilliant, look after you. If someone isn't vaxed near you, it's their lookout not yours. I've had 3 jabs then got covid 4 weeks ago (and given it the Mrs who's also been vaxed) , and thankfully it was very mild, had worse head colds tbh- thanks to the vax. And I'm 52 asthmatic and had 2 bouts of phenomonia in tha past, so I wasn't looking forward to it. But this rhetoric that we need to ban those that havn't been vaxxed and those that have need to shown their papers to go anywhere is daft. Unless you lock yourself up you're going to get it, and most likely from someone who's been vaxxed. 

5 hours ago, Kathcairns said:

It is over 18.

6 hours ago, Maharan said:

NHS Wales Covid pass is age 16 and above. 

edit; (if you're worried about the Cardiff game!)

Slightly confusing, for Wales you can get a Covid pass if you are 16 or over but don’t actually need one unless you are 18 or over.

For those without a smart phone or don't want to download the NHS app you can get a paper covid pass sent to you via the nhs website. Totally free and comes within 7 days. When this was announced I applied again as passes upto late November only showed 2 jabs. From then they show the booster as well and in the media last night they were on about needing proof of all 3 jabs. Recommend if you are going via the paper pass route apply today to get one for ,27th as Christmas posting will delay deliveries 

10 hours ago, winktheram said:

It's not worked in any country its been imposed. If you've been vaccinated brilliant, look after you. If someone isn't vaxed near you, it's their lookout not yours. I've had 3 jabs then got covid 4 weeks ago (and given it the Mrs who's also been vaxed) , and thankfully it was very mild, had worse head colds tbh- thanks to the vax. And I'm 52 asthmatic and had 2 bouts of phenomonia in tha past, so I wasn't looking forward to it. But this rhetoric that we need to ban those that havn't been vaxxed and those that have need to shown their papers to go anywhere is daft. Unless you lock yourself up you're going to get it, and most likely from someone who's been vaxxed. 

And I thought Alf was unlucky!

In reality, it sounds like you were actually quite lucky that you'd been vaccinated, with the medical history you describe. 

It's all about mitigating the impact on the NHS and if these measures reduce the number of people who might otherwise have needed hospital care, they're worth doing. 

11 hours ago, winktheram said:

So where would we be with nobody vaxxed?  In another lockdown.  As other have said its about mitigating risk, Im on the train to Birmingham this morning (essential journey for work), young d*ckheads sitting together with masks around thier chins.  That's what the main cause of infection is.  Unless you are exempt, there is ZERO excuse for not wearing a mask.

Passports do have an effect, it encourgaes some people to get a vaccine that may not have been bothered to do so....  I know people that can't be arsed, all of a sudden they can....

Pleased you are not too badly infected by it, I too suffer from asthma, so its reassuring to know I will hopefully be not too bad ?

Regarding those that have been jabbed not being too ill, I think this is as a result of a lower viral load.  This has a knock on effect, the lower the viral load, the lower the effects.

Have a great Xmas....

Edited by RAM1966

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

And I thought Alf was unlucky!

In reality, it sounds like you were actually quite lucky that you'd been vaccinated, with the medical history you describe. 

It's all about mitigating the impact on the NHS and if these measures reduce the number of people who might otherwise have needed hospital care, they're worth doing. 

Are businesses going to be compensated for the extra work involved in checking these passes? It's not an expense that businesses like , well Derby County, can bear right now.

Just now, PistoldPete said:

Are businesses going to be compensated for the extra work involved in checking these passes? It's not an expense that businesses like , well Derby County, can bear right now.

Nope, not as things stand. Pretty much all govt assistance has ended, or is about to AFAIAA, and naturally DCFC can't expect any external help. 

5 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

For those without a smart phone or don't want to download the NHS app you can get a paper covid pass sent to you via the nhs website. Totally free and comes within 7 days. When this was announced I applied again as passes upto late November only showed 2 jabs. From then they show the booster as well and in the media last night they were on about needing proof of all 3 jabs. Recommend if you are going via the paper pass route apply today to get one for ,27th as Christmas posting will delay deliveries 

New pass arrived today. No mention of the booster on it

Just be careful about the Covid Pass, there's an extremely convincing scam text that's being circulated providing a link to the alleged NHS website asking for your personal and GP details then requesting you pay £4.99:-

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/how-to-avoid-covid-pass-text-scam_uk_611f6d34e4b029c152b3a139

I received the text message myself and the website I was directed to was an extremely convincing mock up of the real NHS one. 

PicsArt_12-14-02.37.56.jpg

2 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

I assume it still shows it as being valid though, with an expiry date, as the app version does?

That's all I'm expecting to have to show, in all honesty.  The fact I've added the booster to the original two jabs doesn't show up until delving deeper into the app.

A valid tick, and/or expiry date should suffice, I would think?  ?‍♂️

Dont want to be a spoil sport but I can see the time coming when we will get a total shutdown on all sports where fans are attending and even all football,rugby,horse racing and any others where large masses are attending.

Dont think it will be to bad for us,give time for DCFC to get its act together,maybe even cancel this season and hey ho we might still be a champiuonship team next year.

See how many covid cancellations there are this Saturday

2 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

The booster jab being detailed on it is an irrelevance tbf, as long as you have had Dose 1 and Dose 2 Covid jabs then you will be eligible for the pass which will have an expiry period stated on it.  

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just be careful about the Covid Pass, there's an extremely convincing scam text that's being circulated providing a link to the alleged NHS website asking for your personal and GP details then requesting you pay £4.99:-

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/how-to-avoid-covid-pass-text-scam_uk_611f6d34e4b029c152b3a139

I received the text message myself and the website I was directed to was an extremely convincing mock up of the real NHS one. 

Could you post that again with your details filled in please? Seriously though thanks for the heads up.

15 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The booster jab being detailed on it is an irrelevance tbf, as long as you have had Dose 1 and Dose 2 Covid jabs then you will be eligible for the pass which will have an expiry period stated on it.  

I think it will change in the New Year though when if Boris is to be believed (ahem) every adult will have had the chance to have a booster. 

Edited by PistoldPete

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I received mine after my second jab. Do not give any bank details because they are free.