Be prepared... Covid Pass required for matchdays...

Mucker1884

This is for info.
This is for match-goers.
This is posted out of the goodness of my heart, from one footy fan to another, in the hope that nobody traipses to PPS... or any other stadium for that matter... only to find they will not be allowed in.  I repeat... NOT ALLOWED IN!

Comments regarding the politics behind it, or opinions on the rights, wrongs, or indifferences of it are not welcome here, and I would request that you keep such comments tucked firmly away inside any orifice that you may have in the vicinity of your perineum! 

From Wednesday 15 December, Covid-19 Certification will be mandatory for entry into settings where large crowds gather – including unseated indoor events with 500 or more attendees, unseated outdoor events with 4,000 or more attendees and any event with 10,000 or more attendees.

To ensure that fans can continue watching their teams in person this season in a safe manner, it is imperative that all football supporters play their part by ensuring they have valid COVID-19 Passes or proof of certification in advance of match day.

To Be Prepared, those of you who are attending fixtures, where COVID-19 Certification is mandatory, are advised to:

Check the Club’s latest COVID-19 guidance in advance of matchday and read its COVID Code of Conduct.

Ensure you have a valid form of COVID certification in your possession before you leave for the ground or you will not be permitted entry.

I heartily recommend that, to avoid potential disappointment, you click on the link below, and give it your full and undivided attention.

You are most welcome, fellow footy fans.  ?

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/12/covid-19-certification-efl-advises-supporters-to-be-prepared

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

From Wednesday 15 December, Covid-19 Certification will be mandatory for entry into settings where large crowds gather – including unseated indoor events with 500 or more attendees, unseated outdoor events with 4,000 or more attendees and any event with 10,000 or more attendees.

Not being RC but how will they know they'll get over 10k attendees?

There were many announcements about this ag the game on Saturday, but you just know folks weren't listening.

Wonder if it will be followed as strictly as the "mandatory" masks in concourses was? I'd estimate about 25% complying on Saturday in West Stand Upper.

Anyway, us smug away fans will have had a practice run at Cardiff this Saturday to try it out. Will let you know how we get on! 

3 hours ago, angieram said:

There were many announcements about this ag the game on Saturday, but you just know folks weren't listening.

Wonder if it will be followed as strictly as the "mandatory" masks in concourses was? I'd estimate about 25% complying on Saturday in West Stand Upper.

Anyway, us smug away fans will have had a practice run at Cardiff this Saturday to try it out. Will let you know how we get on! 

Aren’t most people drinking or eating in the concourse? I can’t see how COVID passes can be enforced except by spot  checks. Incidentally I just mis typed spit checks .. a Freudian slip as that is what it will be after all.

Edited by PistoldPete

28 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Aren’t most people drinking or eating in the concourse? I can’t see how COVID passes can be enforced except by spot  checks. Incidentally I just mis typed spit checks .. a Freudian slip as that is what it will be after all.

More like a Maxwell slip. He was a fat Czech.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

I was listening, and they specifically said over 18’s and it was in writing on the big board. However I can’t see anything on the site that specifies an age.

Anyone know for sure whether there’s an age limit or not?

I was in the concourse and drinking so therefore rules stipulate that I didn't need to wear a mask. All the years I've dissed Carling as a drink and it turns out drinking it provides immunity from Covid ?

If the checks are as 'stringent' as Creamfields earlier in the year you could show them a QR code on the Tesco vouchers app and they would let you in.

The barmy, non-sensical world that we live in hey.

Talking to a steward on Saturday they had to  provide the club with a covid pass or flow test result to work. 

Also said showing vaccination cards is not acceptable and the intention is to have two lines of stewards outside a inner and outer ring to check passes. They were not sure where or how we will source the extra stewards and pay them. 

11 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Talking to a steward on Saturday they had to  provide the club with a covid pass or flow test result to work. 

Also said showing vaccination cards is not acceptable and the intention is to have two lines of stewards outside a inner and outer ring to check passes. They were not sure where or how we will source the extra stewards and pay them. 

Maybe if the admins release their mate Pearce, his wages might cover it.

22 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I was listening, and they specifically said over 18’s and it was in writing on the big board. However I can’t see anything on the site that specifies an age.

Anyone know for sure whether there’s an age limit or not?

NHS Wales Covid pass is age 16 and above. 

edit; (if you're worried about the Cardiff game!)

Edited by Maharan

1 minute ago, oomarkwright said:

What is a covid pass? 

USEFUL LINKS

How to get an NHS COVID Pass - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19...

How to download a digital NHS COVID Pass - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19...

Further information about COVID-19 - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19...

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/12/covid-19-certification-efl-advises-supporters-to-be-prepared

23 minutes ago, Ram Logan Josh said:

I'm going to the Cardiff game (2 consecutive away games for first time ever - very fractional fan!).  I'm way over age 16... The Welsh govt seems to have been a bit stricter on Covid measures throughout the pandemic - anyone know if they've announced any extra measures?

Cheers

RLJ

Nothing else yet in Wales. Likely to be something, but not in time to affect the Cardiff game