Frustrated tonight

B4ev6is

Well I left feel tad frustrated at the score line we had our chances to finish QPR I dont think they are nrothing special there winning goal could have been perfected by clearing our lines and it was fluke of a goal. We need score again in first half we could have been infront by 3 goals that would not just go in for us tonight. The ref let QPR let's there players foul ours and not a thing done to them.

25 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I left feel tad frustrated at the score line we had our chances to finish QPR I dont think they are nrothing special there winning goal could have been perfected by clearing our lines and it was fluke of a goal. We need score again in first half we could have been infront by 3 goals that would not just go in for us tonight. The ref let QPR let's there players foul ours and not a thing done to them.

Sometimes you just have to admit, the best team won.

And credit where credit is due, the Andre Gray goal was pretty special, calling it a fluke is pretty disrespectful.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I dont think it was a good goal in my eyes more like hit and hope mate.

Not at all, as I say, that's pretty disrespectful saying otherwise. Was no more of a hit and hope than Lawrence's goal.

We all want Derby to win every week B4, but at times, you just have to tip your hat and give credit to the opposition. Tonight is one of those games.

We wasn't at it, even Rooney has said we didn't deserve to win. Let's not try to pass tonight off as a fluke, take the loss and move on to the next.

14 minutes ago, David said:

Sometimes you just have to admit, the best team won.

And credit where credit is due, the Andre Gray goal was pretty special, calling it a fluke is pretty disrespectful.

Nah. it was shocking defending. Almost slow motion with three players standing in front.  I'd back myself to spin in a semi circle and bury that with so much space. 

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Nah. it was shocking defending. Almost slow motion with three players standing in front.  I'd back myself to spin in a semi circle and bury that with so much space. 

Not sure about that, slow motion? He was quick to react to the rebound, controlled, flick and finish before our defence had a clue what was going on.

Had any of our players pulled that off in the last minute, I'm sure we would all be on all night with going on about the goal. 

Very frustrating, I agree. My first reaction to their winner was also one of anger at our players basically stopping when the ball hit the post.  Don’t care how good the finish was, if we just stand and watch it makes it a lot easier. 

(Should this thread be merged with the match thread too? I like a tidy forum)

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

(Should this thread be merged with the match thread too? I like a tidy forum)

Not at all.

I'm all for a tidy forum, and regularly call for a merge or two, but this is about @B4ev6is's frustration.  His feelings.  His emotions.  It's good that he's talking about it, and it's good that we're here for him.  "Brothers in arms" I think they call it? (Or is it just "Dire Straits"!)
Maybe we need to open a new forum... "Anyone fancy a cuddle" or "You okay, hun?".  Something of that ilk?

Either way, we most certainly don't want this kind of luvvy-dovey wuss-talk in a matchday thread, thank you very much!  ?

We lost to 2 good goals, both were probably easily preventable but I’m sure they’d say the same about our goal. They’re a decent team and are probably where they should be. 

Disappointed to lose and believe it is now 16 points lost from winning positions which despite the deduction will have as much of an affect come the end of the season. Particularly those points lost to the teams around us. 

But having said that there is fight in this team and that’s all I can ask for. 

31 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not at all.

I'm all for a tidy forum, and regularly call for a merge or two, but this is about @B4ev6is's frustration.  His feelings.  His emotions.  It's good that he's talking about it, and it's good that we're here for him.  "Brothers in arms" I think they call it? (Or is it just "Dire Straits"!)
Maybe we need to open a new forum... "Anyone fancy a cuddle" or "You okay, hun?".  Something of that ilk?

Either way, we most certainly don't want this kind of luvvy-dovey wuss-talk in a matchday thread, thank you very much!  ?

Would you be prepared to do other things @Mucker1884? Maybe hold hands or a simple peck on the cheek? And do you have any dressing-up gear? ?

Definitely lost to the best team and awful defending on their first goal... their second goal was good but I think there has been an overreaction to its quality. It’s very good control but the attacker shouldn’t have space to turn like that. Flicking it up and volleying is a great technique but the attacker has had time to create it himself. It’s a hard skill but not as hard as curling a free kick in in my opinion or a volley that’s come directly from a cross. So good goal but sky sports are saying possible goal of the season? Can’t agree. 

I think @B4ev6is has started a good thread here. It was a reasonable performance from the lads, which may have yielded 3 points against a lesser team than QPR. The overriding problem at the moment is we need to win nearly every game and that magnifies each and every mistake we make. With less pressure and a few additions to this squad, in normal, points free deduction times we would be challenging for the play offs.

Clearly, Wayne is going for wins at every opportunity meaning some losses will become an inevitable consequence. They were better than us and deserved the win and have some classy players! They will feature up top at the end of the season. Very frustrating but at least we are giving our best with a mountain to climb, however, survival remains the top priority!