Frustrated tonight

B4ev6is

5 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

With results and performances this season we are quite clearly a mid table side, of that there can be no argument.
Let’s be honest, without the 21 points deduction we are mid table and we can’t expect to win every game, taking 4 points from the last 3 games is a good result all things considered. 

Agree.  In what is always a really tough league, with several teams thriving on their parachute payments and the nucleus of Premier League standard players, that with a squad of babies and OAPs we're a solid mid table team.  This does say a lot really about this team.  

I can see where B4 is coming from - the QPR goals were almost 'worldies' which on another day the players might have made a complete hash of - but they didn't and that was our misfortune. I was more frustrated that, when we had worked ourselves into promising positions, a poor piece of control, a poor pass or a poor decision prevented us from testing their keeper. Apart from his goal, I found Lawrence incredibly frustrating yet again - so many times his control/concentration/commitment seemed to be wanting - but he was just one example of players not quite being at it last night. We know we can't afford to have more than a couple of players off form.

Let's hope they regroup and put in a better display at Bristol.

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

I found Lawrence incredibly frustrating yet again

If you thought Lawrence was frustrating what's your opinion of Morrison.?

As far as I could see, he had one shot which nearly hit the corner flag; didn't play many good passes; didn't tackle anyone and was, at times, running around neither marking anyone or looking for the ball to be played to him. He should have been substituted at half-time not on 70 minutes. He was truly awful.

1 hour ago, ImARam2 said:

As far as I could see, he had one shot which nearly hit the corner flag; didn't play many good passes; didn't tackle anyone and was, at times, running around neither marking anyone or looking for the ball to be played to him. He should have been substituted at half-time not on 70 minutes. He was truly awful.

Take a quote out of context why dontcha? 

"I was more frustrated that, when we had worked ourselves into promising positions, a poor piece of control, a poor pass or a poor decision prevented us from testing their keeper. (For example) Apart from his goal, I found Lawrence incredibly frustrating yet again - so many times his control/concentration/commitment seemed to be wanting - but he was just one example of players not quite being at it last night. We know we can't afford to have more than a couple of players off form."

There were nine other players I didn't mention there in addition to Morrison. I'm not doing posts to order for you or anyone else. I used Lawrence as an example because he was so wasteful with all but one of the opportunities we created in the first half and a second goal then could have been crucial.

14 hours ago, ImARam2 said:

What i find is frustrating is fans coming on here slagging off the same players day in day out , win or lose , Kelle, Fozzy, Tom and Ravel cannot win in some fans eyes , i thought this was the season when the club , management , players and fans united together in the fight for Derby County Football Club , sadly it looks like i was wrong

35 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

What i find is frustrating is fans coming on here slagging off the same players day in day out , win or lose , Kelle, Fozzy, Tom and Ravel cannot win in some fans eyes , i thought this was the season when the club , management , players and fans united together in the fight for Derby County Football Club , sadly it looks like i was wrong

It’s like fans pick a scapegoat and then they always have a vendetta against that player. Keogh, Fozzy, Roos.... I think overall Roos has done well with some good saves over time. His mistakes are highlighted because of his position. Carson was definitely better than our current keepers. Fozzy was poor against QPR but he has had a few matches where he has looked amazing. It’s incredible he has come back from his injury. He can be inconsistent though. Morrison doesn’t pick the right pass at the right time for me but I am hopeful he will have a part to play this season. Lawrence can be frustrating but has ability no doubt. Could be a key player this season. The slate is wiped clean before every match for me regardless of how the players performed in previous match- as long as there was commitment. 

This is one place where fans can criticise the performances of the team and individual players without it actually affecting the targets of the criticism one iota, unless they're vain/daft enough to read fans forums. There's also a difference between criticism and "slagging off", although some conflate the two  : I'd never write "so-and-so was absolute ***** today, as usual" or "**** off back to xyz" or words to that effect.

What I do detest is getting on the players' or team's back during the game, boo-ing them off, ironic cheering of our goalkeepers, persistent abuse of individual players that I've heard all to often at PP and at away games, or doing any of that stuff on Social Media, particularly tagging the player concerned, which I think is despicable.

And, yes, Tom Lawrence does frustrate the hell out of me allot of the time, because he's got tremendous ability that he fails to apply consistently well IMHO, but I reckon Monday's game is the first time I've expressed that on here.

Just now, Crewton said:

This is one place where fans can criticise the performances of the team and individual players without it actually affecting the targets of the criticism one iota, unless they're vain/daft enough to read fans forums. There's also a difference between criticism and "slagging off", although some conflate the two  : I'd never write "so-and-so was absolute ***** today, as usual" or "**** off back to xyz" or words to that effect.

What I do detest is getting on the players' or team's back during the game, boo-ing them off, ironic cheering of our goalkeepers, persistent abuse of individual players that I've heard all to often at PP and at away games, or doing any of that stuff on Social Media, particularly tagging the player concerned, which I think is despicable.

And, yes, Tom Lawrence does frustrate the hell out of me allot of the time, because he's got tremendous ability that he fails to apply consistently well IMHO, but I reckon Monday's game is the first time I've expressed that on here.

Ironic cheering of the goalkeeper - usually Roos is the worst. Not proper ‘fans’ in my opinion if ironic gestures and sounds are made towards your own team! 

On 30/11/2021 at 00:52, B4ev6is said:

Well I dont think it was a good goal in my eyes more like hit and hope mate.

To be honest, if you say that you haven't really got a scooby. It was a fantastic goal and if a Derby player had scored it you would have been all over it. 

Yes, the best team on the night won. Disappointing that is was, if you believe otherwise you really are delusional.