League 1 now...

MackworthRamIsGod

Well what a read this has been. Ffs 

We not down yet, let's hope the player give all and do the impossible... and what a buzz knowing we beat the odds,  it will make last game of last season like a a tea party with the celebration..

If we go down , we will/hope have new owners innplace that will want to get us back up ASAP

I hope even the wrist slashes on here will turn out next season  with the loyal brigade and be part of the support that all other league 1 clubs will be envious 

OK the ground might not be ideal for some of you prawn sandwiches,  so for one season, try a soggy pukky pie, see a old ground, see how poor supported clubs survive . 

So what if we play thro the WC some Irish rams and scot rams won't be there anyways ? give them something to do while us welshrams ? and you English rams are away in Qatar 

Ffs put on some blind faith glasses and remember this is Derby COUNTY   not man United Liverpool mancity Chelsea etc if you believe we will be like this  You are deluded 

It's the Derby way,  the rollercoaster way. 

I have planned 5 games till new year all paid up, as part of my bit to support the team and the great eascape from here in paddy Land. 

So COYR. 

11 minutes ago, OUTSIDER said:

Well what a read this has been. Ffs 

We not down yet, let's hope the player give all and do the impossible... and what a buzz knowing we beat the odds,  it will make last game of last season like a a tea party with the celebration..

If we go down , we will/hope have new owners innplace that will want to get us back up ASAP

I hope even the wrist slashes on here will turn out next season  with the loyal brigade and be part of the support that all other league 1 clubs will be envious 

OK the ground might not be ideal for some of you prawn sandwiches,  so for one season, try a soggy pukky pie, see a old ground, see how poor supported clubs survive . 

So what if we play thro the WC some Irish rams and scot rams won't be there anyways ? give them something to do while us welshrams ? and you English rams are away in Qatar 

Ffs put on some blind faith glasses and remember this is Derby COUNTY   not man United Liverpool mancity Chelsea etc if you believe we will be like this  You are deluded 

It's the Derby way,  the rollercoaster way. 

I have planned 5 games till new year all paid up, as part of my bit to support the team and the great eascape from here in paddy Land. 

So COYR. 

We were down with -12 points. -21 points just cements it further.

it’s been a horrible past 18 months and the chickens have really come home to roost. It’s time to wipe the slate clean, and rebuild the club starting now with plans for next season.

Many clubs have used League one as a springboard to better things. I mean look at how Coventry have already overtaken a host of stale Championship clubs like Bristol City, Forest and Ourselves.

We still have a chance of winning silverware this year and while that’s still possible there’ll be people interested in taking us over. The kudos surrounding winning a trophy is what rich men really want and we still have a chance to bring that dream to them.

It’s still a few months away and Forest are on a good run right now but I think we can win it.

Any one know if the EFL? rules would allow us to sign pre-contract agreements with players available next summer?

As best I can understand the strict budget controls end at the end of this season so if an “agreement to sign” did not increase the cost before then it would be ok?

If so I think this would give something to go for in January assuming take over etc…

24 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Any one know if the EFL? rules would allow us to sign pre-contract agreements with players available next summer?

As best I can understand the strict budget controls end at the end of this season so if an “agreement to sign” did not increase the cost before then it would be ok?

If so I think this would give something to go for in January assuming take over etc…

As long as we do not pay any fees or compensation , we can sign pre agreements, and as long as we do pay over the total club wage bill limit, to avoid another -3 points this season, yes.

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

We still have a chance of winning silverware this year and while that’s still possible there’ll be people interested in taking us over. The kudos surrounding winning a trophy is what rich men really want and we still have a chance to bring that dream to them.

It’s still a few months away and Forest are on a good run right now but I think we can win it.

The fa cup?

2 hours ago, WystonRam said:

As long as we do not pay any fees or compensation , we can sign pre agreements, and as long as we do pay over the total club wage bill limit, to avoid another -3 points this season, yes.

So if we want to sign someone from another clubs junior ranks we can’t because we would have to pay a fee because they came through an academy?

18 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

it’s been a horrible past 18 months and the chickens have really come home to roost. It’s time to wipe the slate clean, and rebuild the club starting now with plans for next season.

Many clubs have used League one as a springboard to better things. I mean look at how Coventry have already overtaken a host of stale Championship clubs like Bristol City, Forest and Ourselves.

Stale Derby County, NO we will never go off

On 11/11/2021 at 06:34, WamRam said:

The Derby County fantasy of playing in League 1 just so you can get to go to "proper football grounds" is very strange. Honestly blows my mind that anyone could think of anything positive to playing League 1 football.

Why aren't we angry that this has happened to our club?

We've slated past players for being "spineless". Our fans seem just the same, we've just rolled over and let the people who have done this walk out the front door with a goody bag.

We've been in The Championship for 13 years now I think. When we were challenging it was good but lets be honest, the last 3 seasons have been rubbish. 

I'm more than happy to be in a division where hopefully we will score more goals, win more games, get to go to some new grounds and have a lot higher percentage of our games played at 3pm on a Saturday, which is when football was made for.

17 hours ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

Quite looking forward to watching the players play without any pressure. The expectations have dropped through the floor and I'm hoping that equates to our players just going out there and playing good football. Never know, may end up picking up another 50 points...

If I was Manager (Rooney take note) we have nothing to lose, lets play all out attacking football. Get Stretton back on the bench and let him run the opponents defence raggered in the 2nd half after being battered by CKR and Sam. Play Kamil has a wingback like he does for Poland. If he's not successful bring on Festy to keep teams on the back foot. We have a good squad that with a gamble of more attacking football can create more wins than the silly draws we have got so far. 

8 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

If I was Manager (Rooney take note) we have nothing to lose, lets play all out attacking football. Get Stretton back on the bench and let him run the opponents defence raggered in the 2nd half after being battered by CKR and Sam. Play Kamil has a wingback like he does for Poland. If he's not successful bring on Festy to keep teams on the back foot. We have a good squad that with a gamble of more attacking football can create more wins than the silly draws we have got so far. 

Completely agree. We need wins not draws now - why not go for it? The players have no pressure on them and should go out an enjoy themselves, work hard, but enjoy themselves. At least until Christmas the grim reaper arrives to pick of our top talent.

34 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

and have a lot higher percentage of our games played at 3pm on a Saturday, which is when football was made for.

Yep, totally agree. How it was before English football was totally wrecked by Sky TV, the PL, and a host of wealthy (and not so wealthy) club owners from USA, Russia, China, Middle East etc. etc. 

Edited by europia

On 17/11/2021 at 02:22, Bris Vegas said:

And look at Ipswich, Sunderland and to a lesser extent Bolton and see just how hard it can be down there for the bigger clubs. Derby will join them as one of the big scalps. 

26 minutes ago, Hordh said:

And look at Ipswich, Sunderland and to a lesser extent Bolton and see just how hard it can be down there for the bigger clubs. Derby will join them as one of the big scalps. 

We will walk League 1, but if we beat Bournemouth and Fulham we are staying up. Why don’t you go back to your own teams forum ?

If we can try and be 12 points behind safety by the time February arrives, our 6 fixtures in Feb, with Bielik back could close the gap to low single figures. 

I just don’t get why people would give up with 29 games to go. Like Rooney said, if we aren’t going to try and gain enough points, we might as well go home 

18 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I just don’t get why people would give up with 29 games to go. Like Rooney said, if we aren’t going to try and gain enough points, we might as well go home 

It's a long long shot but we have to go for it, it's not over until the maths says it is. We need to keep fighting, I don't want to go down with a wimper. Hearing Simon Jordan say we're down has made me think we can stay up, I might put some money on us.