EFL actually want Derby to work and be sustainable

ramswriter podcast

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I do believe there is an element of "we can't be seen to have been made a fool of by Derby" from the EFL side.

I remember when the administration deduction appeal was announced the EFL were hopping mad that we'd dare to be so bold.

It's our Administrators that's pushed an appeal through against the 12 points, so they must know we have a good case to appeal. Surely they would'nt be wasting our miserly funds on a case that does not have a chance of coming out in our favour. Looks as if the EFL want to lock the gate firmly shut knowing that we might make ground on this appeal. Stopping any others winning appeals and making them look unprofessional (which they are).

56 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Which makes no sense.

why should a club not be able to show a profit on an asset ? Why would selling your best players (at a profit) be allowable but selling your stadium at a profit not be allowed ? 

It's only in relation to the Profit & Sustainability calculations - obviously, a club can sell any asset and book the profit, they just can't use it to cover FFP losses anymore.

3 hours ago, plymouthram said:

It's our Administrators that's pushed an appeal through against the 12 points, so they must know we have a good case to appeal. Surely they would'nt be wasting our miserly funds on a case that does not have a chance of coming out in our favour. Looks as if the EFL want to lock the gate firmly shut knowing that we might make ground on this appeal. Stopping any others winning appeals and making them look unprofessional (which they are).

Do we have a good case to appeal or is it a case of them going "why not?"

For me the money should have been spent elsewhere and used to preserve jobs, I just cannot see a world in which we stay up. So we somehow win this admin appeal (which is all based on covid - something every other club has dealt with in the whole EFL), then we get another deduction anyway for all the legal issues over the past few years and we are worse off than before the appeal anyway. And that is best case scenario here.

The priority is making sure this club survives and is on it's way to become sustainable, all your doing if you throw everything at trying to somehow keep us up is attracting owners that are going to run us like a toy anyway, like this yank that seems desperate to take us over despite having no evidence of being able to fund us.

1 minute ago, alram said:

For me the money should have been spent elsewhere and used to preserve jobs, I just cannot see a world in which we stay up. So we somehow win this admin appeal (which is all based on covid - something every other club has dealt with in the whole EFL), then we get another deduction anyway for all the legal issues over the past few years and we are worse off than before the appeal anyway. And that is best case scenario here.

The priority is making sure this club survives and is on it's way to become sustainable, all your doing if you throw everything at trying to somehow keep us up is attracting owners that are going to run us like a toy anyway, like this yank that seems desperate to take us over despite having no evidence of being able to fund us.

I’d suggest reading the other threads that set out exactly why our argument is that our position is significantly different to other clubs that have avoided administrators being called in. If we get the 12 points reduced or rescinded, and between 4 and 9 points for any P&S breach, I think we have a decent chance of staying up. Remember we are a mid-table team (by form) who would be able to strengthen the squad (a little) in January if a new owner is in place. 

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’d suggest reading the other threads that set out exactly why our argument is that our position is significantly different to other clubs that have avoided administrators being called in. If we get the 12 points reduced or rescinded, and between 4 and 9 points for any P&S breach, I think we have a decent chance of staying up. Remember we are a mid-table team (by form) who would be able to strengthen the squad (a little) in January if a new owner is in place. 

My problem with the blaming of covid is no other club has gone into administration throughout the covid period. you may have a case if several have, but it is just us - it is years of wreckless spending until mel decided to pull the plug that is the reason. NOT covid.

There is no chance all 12 will be rescinded, absolute zero chance

Edited by alram

Just now, alram said:

My problem with the blaming of covid is no other club has gone into administration throughout the covid period. you may have a case if several have, but it is just us - it is years of wreckless spending until mel decided to pull the plug that is the reason. NOT covid.

I’d disagree. And the administrators obviously think a decent case can at least be made. Like I say - I’d suggest reading the other threads as it’s a lot more nuanced than looking at whatever is happening at other clubs. 

1 minute ago, alram said:

There is no chance all 12 will be rescinded, absolute zero chance

But they already plan to give us points deduction for overspending.  If EFL have their way we would get 21 points deducted.

Just now, PistoldPete said:

But they already plan to give us points deduction for overspending.  If EFL have their way we would get 21 points deducted.

I know, that is one of the reasons i am not overly enthused by them appealing this one when for me the money should be put elsewhere

11 minutes ago, alram said:

I don't think for one minute a reputable firm of Administrators would come up with the answer "why not". Everything they do with cutting staff, wages etc is done with lots of planned thought. The appeal is probably not solely based on Covid, also nearly every other club were given a loan from the EFL. The other possible points deduction for the FFP is down to the appeal being won by the EFL. Lets not forget the finding by the independant board was resubmitting 3 years of accounts and £100k fine (which Rick Parry was not happy with), hence why they appealed against it.

Yes, the priority is for the club to survive and become sustainable. I don't think a business fom USA are going to use us like a toy, most Yankie companies are very successful and look at Derby being a good viable asset to make money from especially if the club find on field success which would attract bigger sponsorship etc. Stating the yank (I am assuming you mean Chris Kirchner) having no evidence of being able to fund us, the administrators have already stated that he is a creditable buyer. You seem to be basing your assumptions on the fact the adminstrators are a bunch of cowboys.

56 minutes ago, alram said:

I know, that is one of the reasons i am not overly enthused by them appealing this one when for me the money should be put elsewhere

If you draw comparisons with the CPS putting cases forward that they think they can win then that doesn't always mean that they do get a positive outcome - they can't predict what will transpire during the court case and ultimately the result is dependent on 12 members of the public. 

If the administrators didn't think there was enough evidence to support an appeal then they wouldn't have progressed it, simple as.

Still doesn't mean that we will be successful though.

On 28/10/2021 at 23:41, Yani P said:

Like I said in another thread - you get some clubs that get promoted and try to survive in year 1 buying very expensive players on ridiculous contracts, or you play the Burnley now Norwich model - get promoted - fail and pocket £140m in year 1 then get promoted again - fail as you dont invest in the Prem - fail and pocket £140m in year 1 - rinse/repeat until you decide you have enough banked to invest while in the Prem to survive.

It's the only model that works. 

10 hours ago, Oldben said:

Alan nixon says that after Derbys appeal concludes next month, they are seeking ways to stop clubs appealing in the future.

They can take a decision, overly harshly punish a club and then prevent the club from appealing that.

In my opinion, the efl are a law unto themselves.

They doing things not for the benefit of their members but to give themselves what they think I'd credibility.

I think that the efl should be forced to accept a representative from the fans, and that the efl should be forced to listen to that voice.

And what if the fan voted for as representative is Mr Plopy?

On 31/10/2021 at 19:33, alram said:

like this Yank that seems desperate to take us over despite having no evidence of being able to fund us.

Despite the fact that the administrators have said proof of funding, and a deposit of £5m would be required to enter into negotiations.

Are you expecting him to post you a personal bank statement?

Negative, Negative vibes about a potential owner who has proven his credibility to the administrators, said earlier that is why they are wineing and dininging him, lets have some POSITIVITY towards the guy or guys who are interested in saving our club.

Heard he's put a bid for gillette so he can have a few razors at hand! after reading all this doom and gloom and negativity towards him.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Despite the fact that the administrators have said proof of funding, and a deposit of £5m would be required to enter into negotiations.

Are you expecting him to post you a personal bank statement?

Having proof of funding and having funding are completely different things. Erik Alonso had proof of funding and it came from somebody else putting money in his bank account. He was going to pay for the club through loans, which is the same thing the american is alledgedly going to do. So what is the difference?

I am sorry that I am concerned that his main business has significantly less turnover than Derby County itself. Happy to be called negative but for me you have to be critical otherwise you are happy clapping your way into liquidation.

There will be lots of vultures circling seeing a cheap way to own a football club with no regards for its history or going forward, just in it to make a quick £. WE have to make sure the new owner will be right for the club otherwise we will be in the same situation a few years down the line, passing the club from one crook to another

the administrators wont care who they sell it too as long as they get paid. we HAVE to be critical

Edited by alram