EFL actually want Derby to work and be sustainable

ramswriter podcast

6 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

I agree the amortisation thing shouldn’t have been done for the reasons you say.

But that doesn’t make it a breach of any rule, and I don’t believe it was in breach of anything. So the Efl charging us for it just smacks of them trying every which way they can to punish us. 

Throw enough mud and hope some of it will stick.

Not only it didnt break any rules but i dont belive there is a guideline which says 4 years contract means players value depreciate by 25% every year. For example Real Madrid, allegedly offered very close to the 170M (Euros) that P$G paid Monaco 4 years earlier with a year left on his contract. The players effective value has remained for pretty much most of the length of the contract. At PSG money is not something they need to worry about, but it shows that yes MM and SP tried to be clever but not really try to scam the system.

51 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Not only it didnt break any rules but i dont belive there is a guideline which says 4 years contract means players value depreciate by 25% every year. For example Real Madrid, allegedly offered very close to the 170M (Euros) that P$G paid Monaco 4 years earlier with a year left on his contract. The players effective value has remained for pretty much most of the length of the contract. At PSG money is not something they need to worry about, but it shows that yes MM and SP tried to be clever but not really try to scam the system.

As much as I agree with the sentiment, your example is quite selective.

My concern always was that we were giving our players too high a residual value and I think this was demonstrated in a huge amortisation charge in 2019/20 (I believe this was mentioned by the IDC).

I think to most, it was obvious our big money signings were never going to recoup much, if anything, pretty early on in their Derby careers. If anything I would say Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman and Anya should have been amortised even quicker than straight line method!

But at the end of the day, the accounts were audited and if the auditors believed we were over valuing assets this should have been noted in the accounts. It wasn't, so one would have to assume the methodology we used was reasonable. 

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Can we not our pen pal from OTIB on here for a day.  He seems to having gone full on Falling Down yesterday evening till 2 in the morning and he may spontaneously combust if we let him on here.  Even those on their forum seem to be concerned that we have 40 pages- 43 he's added  more since- and he's making them look like tits, so he may have to pack his accounts and find a new home.  Think he's embarrassing them a bit.   

We had a Bristol City fan try and join yesterday, just before 3pm.....we joke, but it really is becoming an obsession now, we should all sleep with one eye open 

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

...gripping your pillow tight.....

Exactly.

3pm Saturday, when their team is about to kick off, no, I'm off to join dcfcfans as I don't like how they filed their accounts.

Seriously? 

Side note, congrats to them winning their first home game in what was it 200+ days

Alan nixon says that after Derbys appeal concludes next month, they are seeking ways to stop clubs appealing in the future.

They can take a decision, overly harshly punish a club and then prevent the club from appealing that.

In my opinion, the efl are a law unto themselves.

They doing things not for the benefit of their members but to give themselves what they think I'd credibility.

I think that the efl should be forced to accept a representative from the fans, and that the efl should be forced to listen to that voice.

3 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Alan nixon says that after Derbys appeal concludes next month, they are seeking ways to stop clubs appealing in the future.

They can take a decision, overly harshly punish a club and then prevent the club from appealing that.

They doing things not for the benefit of their members but to give themselves what they think I'd credibility.

I think that the efl should be forced to accept a representative from the fans, and that the efl should be forced to listen to that voice.

If this is true could it be cause for optimism as perhaps they and the “independent” panel recognise they can’t change the rules/grounds for appeal retrospectively? Then again, this is the EFL we’re talking about.

It would be tough on other clubs in difficulty who may feel it’s unfair but, there is a precedent. Wasn’t the current 12 point penalty only introduced after Leicester went into administration but suffered no such penalty?

Just now, Tamworthram said:

If this is true could it be cause for optimism as perhaps they and the “independent” panel recognise they can’t change the rules/grounds for appeal retrospectively? Then again, this is the EFL we’re talking about.

It would be tough on other clubs in difficulty who may feel it’s unfair but, there is a precedent. Wasn’t the current 12 point penalty only introduced after Leicester went into administration but suffered no such penalty?

Yeah, and it was originally -10. They also changed the rules when Leeds went into Administration after they'd already been relegated to division 3.

1 minute ago, Oldben said:

The article is in the Derby evening telegraph.

Be good if you could drop links in to things you quote, that way people can get to the story quicker. Just copy and paste the url into the text box here and the forum does the rest for you

I'd say the decision to implement a £300k levy on any club challenging an admin related points deduction not only illustrates the dictatorial nature of the EFL, but also makes a mockery of their claim to want our club to be sustainable. Their only interest seems to be maintaining the status quo and that's been the case for longer than I care to remember.

19 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I do believe there is an element of "we can't be seen to have been made a fool of by Derby" from the EFL side.

I remember when the administration deduction appeal was announced the EFL were hopping mad that we'd dare to be so bold.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I do believe there is an element of "we can't be seen to have been made a fool of by Derby" from the EFL side.

I remember when the administration deduction appeal was announced the EFL were hopping mad that we'd dare to be so bold.

Efl can hide behind that old chestnut, but can't say they are acting in the best interests of the club.

How is the 12 points given, plus a potential 9 further points meant to do anything other than relegate the club especially given that they also bring in players due to transfer embargo and a block to how much can be spent on wages.

I think that's too harsh a punishment.

The efl are supposedly acting in the best interests of the clubs, but I question whether that's true.

If derbys appeal succeeds and points are reduced, efl can still add the extra 9 points or are they going to see if Derby are relegated and then hit the club with the 9 points next season.

For me it's all about making money for the efl.

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So is it true EFL has changed the rules to stop clubs selling their stadia.

How is that helping clubs in financial difficulty? Saying you cannot sell a fixed asset?

No, clubs can still sell their stadiums but any book profit/loss can no longer be included in the FFP calculations.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

No, clubs can still sell their stadiums but any book profit/loss can no longer be included in the FFP calculations.

Which makes no sense.

why should a club not be able to show a profit on an asset ? Why would selling your best players (at a profit) be allowable but selling your stadium at a profit not be allowed ? 

5 hours ago, David said:

Exactly.

3pm Saturday, when their team is about to kick off, no, I'm off to join dcfcfans as I don't like how they filed their accounts.

Seriously? 

Side note, congrats to them winning their first home game in what was it 200+ days

And the goals both scored by an ex Derby player

22 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Which makes no sense.

why should a club not be able to show a profit on an asset ? Why would selling your best players (at a profit) be allowable but selling your stadium at a profit not be allowed ? 

Ask the clubs who've  voted it through. Makes no odds for us now.