EFL actually want Derby to work and be sustainable

ramswriter podcast

41 minutes ago, alram said:

Having proof of funding and having funding are completely different things. Erik Alonso had proof of funding and it came from somebody else putting money in his bank account. He was going to pay for the club through loans, which is the same thing the american is alledgedly going to do. So what is the difference?

I am sorry that I am concerned that his main business has significantly less turnover than Derby County itself. Happy to be called negative but for me you have to be critical otherwise you are happy clapping your way into liquidation.

There will be lots of vultures circling seeing a cheap way to own a football club with no regards for its history or going forward, just in it to make a quick £. WE have to make sure the new owner will be right for the club otherwise we will be in the same situation a few years down the line, passing the club from one crook to another

the administrators wont care who they sell it too as long as they get paid. we HAVE to be critical

Yes, I guess you're right, I'm sure the administrators have no duty of care, no regulations to follow, or no professional reputation to keep intact.

I'm much more inclined to go with your word because you have not seen evidence of a person, who you probably didnt even know until last week, having funding for the club.

Interested to know exactly what evidence would satisfy you?

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Interestingly enough, if you're going to run it as a sustainable organisation, then you don't actually have to have shedloads of money.

Seems like some of us want owners who can successfully run a business, some of us want another sugar-daddy.

And then there's people like me, who wants a sugar-daddy who can successfully run a business.

Also, I wish that the next owner of the club would be suitable option as well.

Edited by Dimmu

10 hours ago, alram said:

Having proof of funding and having funding are completely different things. Erik Alonso had proof of funding and it came from somebody else putting money in his bank account. He was going to pay for the club through loans, which is the same thing the american is alledgedly going to do. So what is the difference?

I am sorry that I am concerned that his main business has significantly less turnover than Derby County itself. Happy to be called negative but for me you have to be critical otherwise you are happy clapping your way into liquidation.

There will be lots of vultures circling seeing a cheap way to own a football club with no regards for its history or going forward, just in it to make a quick £. WE have to make sure the new owner will be right for the club otherwise we will be in the same situation a few years down the line, passing the club from one crook to another

the administrators wont care who they sell it too as long as they get paid. we HAVE to be critical

I think Eric Alonso's backers stalled on him and that's why Mel pulled the plug on him. Where is your evidence that Chris Kirchner and Slynco don't have the money and it's coming from a loan elsewhere. And how is any person or company going to make a quick £ when they take over a club with debts to pay? I claim my fiver, your Mr POP from Bristol or Steve (I've thrown my dolly out the pram) Gibson in disguise