Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What do you reckon @Ghost of Clough?

image.png.59738c22c2c5bd6c14c757e5523f080e.png

"Competitive" gets banded around a lot, You can be competitve and get beat most weeks, "Burning 3-5million per season" for how many seasons?

The Championship is a leaking sieve of money where most clubs must be p issing money away to get to the Premier League.

Gone are the days of multi millionaire owners for progresive clubs...it's now a Billionaires bank roll thats needed.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

It feels like there’s a new threat to our survival every day and each time that will have to be reported to the bidders.

After a while, it must feel like it’s all too much trouble. Each bidder will have a long-term plan as to how they will make this project a success if not a moneyspinner.

Perhaps Kitchener has £60 million but the liabilities have stretched beyond that. Better to blame the administrators than to admit you are a bit lacking in this dick-waving contest.

Do if his offer is not high enough isn't it part of the administrators job to tell him and get CK and other bidders to increase their offers. If not why not administration is supposed to be sorting out the companies finances now and into the future. Not talking to potential buyers since 9th December does not appear to tick either box

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think Gadsby would step in with others to avoid this. And don’t discount the possibility that MM would write part of the cheque 

I'm not so sure, ultimately the entity of Derby County looks to be worth significantly less than the debt and Mel Morris has already shown his hand by pulling the rug and telling everyone it's for our own good. 

It's particularly sad that very few people seem to think Derby County is worth saving, ultimately speaks volumes to how the club is thought of. 

When the administrators gave their first assessment of the situation as they saw it I was optimistic and started to hope for the best. The administrators seemed to be willing to share information in a way that we hadn't seen for quite a while, but since then we haven't heard very much from them which would keep my hopes high.

Gradually as the weeks have gone by my initial optimism has ebbed somewhat and my confidence in the administrators ability to ensure the future success of the club is lower than it was when they first took over.

I've not given up hope yet that we will be successfully taken over - just not as confident as I was a couple of months ago.

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

"Competitive" gets banded around a lot, You can be competitve and get beat most weeks, "Burning 3-5million per season" for how many seasons?

The Championship is a leaking sieve of money where most clubs must be p issing money away to get to the Premier League.

Gone are the days of multi millionaire owners for progresive clubs...it's now a Billionaires bank roll thats needed.

It’s all down to parachute payments and their anti competitive impact on the Championship.

Clubs are overspending massively, in an attempt to reach the promised land. For me, if clubs do break P&S rules, they should all be treated in the same way, and promotion to the Premier league shouldn’t provide some sort of amnesty against a points deduction. 

2 minutes ago, Miggins said:

When the administrators gave their first assessment of the situation as they saw it I was optimistic and started to hope for the best. The administrators seemed to be willing to share information in a way that we hadn't seen for quite a while, but since then we haven't heard very much from them which would keep my hopes high.

Gradually as the weeks have gone by my initial optimism has ebbed somewhat and my confidence in the administrators ability to ensure the future success of the club is lower than it was when they first took over.

I've not given up hope yet that we will be successfully taken over - just not as confident as I was a couple of months ago.

Since they got their feet under the table, it's clear the administrators have discovered just what a pile of ? Morris has left them with - no wonder things are less positive now than when they first arrived.

BUT they still say there are 3 interested parties(even if one of them is throwing a public (and rather childish) paddy because he's nor been chosen yet) so the process continues until they all walk away or one of them gets to take over - nothing anyone on here can do to help that along so little point in giving up hope at this point....Both Gadsby and Appleby know the club, the fans and the potential, so if they've managed to get the necessary financial backing in place there's still a good chance of a positive outcome......

31 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Have a day off pal 

The optimistic posters, or even the realistic ones, haven't been too right in the last few years have they.

People might not like what he says, but he is far more likely to be right than most people on here.

I've read post after post from people stating we won't get points deductions, from people claiming to know accounting laws and God knows what else that had me thinking things would be OK.

Turns out things aren't OK and haven't been for years now ?

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What do you reckon @Ghost of Clough?

image.png.47cd4c514b6fcd50622e1f3ace91a419.png

image.png.59738c22c2c5bd6c14c757e5523f080e.png

Average wage bill when I last checked was closer to £30m, and that was pre-covid. I imagine it's dropped since then.

Preston have been just shy of the playoffs for a number of years with a wage bill of less than £20m. That's the benchmark for me. 

To run at breakeven off a £30m revenue, you'd be looking at about £20m on wages. "Burning £3-5m" would be wages on top of that figure.

The sensible approach in my opinion would be to do 3 year cycles of £20m, £25m, £30m, then reset.