Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

21 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Kirchner may have offered a bid that could total £60m, but, without seeing the text, caveats, limitations and assumptions on that deal it's impossible to say of it's better than any other offer. 

The 9th December "fake deadline" comments basically mean they let others submit a bid after - not ideal, but an understandable move from the administrators.

The administrators duty is to the creditors - and that is how they are duty bound to assess the bids.

The administrators have stated the bids are significantly different in form/structure so evaluation is not straightforward.

Lack of engagement, well, if it's in a phase of "we are evaluating rival bids" you wouldn't expect a lot of engagement during that part of the process as the evaluation has to maintain integrity.

It's possible CK knows his deal was built on the minimum to creditors he thought he could offer and get the deal done but a rival bid might offer creditors more. He's preparing the ground for "I really tried, but, deal's off" after being so public.

agree, it's a 'blame game' message from CK which doesn't show any great maturity.  

As for Gadsby the latest RD update suggests his bid is a bit floppy. Hopefully his message to the admins is: I'm a reluctant owner, so go with another bidder. But if all fails I'll put together a local group if needed to ensure survival.

Just now I'd bet on Appleby

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

agree, it's a 'blame game' message from CK which doesn't show any great maturity.  

As for Gadsby the latest RD update suggests his bid is a bit floppy. Hopefully his message to the admins is: I'm a reluctant owner, so go with another bidder. But if all fails I'll put together a local group if needed to ensure survival.

Just now I'd bet on Appleby

I don’t listen to RD .. what has they said? 

8 minutes ago, SBW said:

Secondly, Kirchner is coming across incredibly immature and unprofessional.  Keep your powder dry, conduct your business in quiet.  To refer to Morris as a 'Proper duck job' is embarrassingly petty, especially from a prospective new owner.  Whether it's true, I really don't want to see someone who could well own the club acting so immaturely.  

Black & White Together Retweeted:

@cskirchner: "It’s not necessarily that… very very complex situation the admins were dealt. I do have issues with the delays and inability to keep deadlines. The only one to really blame for this situation is Mel Morris. Proper duck job."

Edited by RoyMac5

25 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

It’s a good point, but it’s hard to read how an initial offer of £60M over the next 2 years wouldn’t be enough to finalise a deal for a club teetering on the edge of liquidation.  If his statement is true, of course.

I think £60 million sounds a lot but we could probably eat all that up in two years and be in the same position we are now. A strategic long term plan needs to be in place to pay off creditors and give the club a good footing so it can build again. So you could offer less within that two years but have a better long term strategy to pay off the creditors.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

@cskirchner: "It’s not necessarily that… very very complex situation the admins were dealt. I do have issues with the delays and inability to keep deadlines. The only one to really blame for this situation is Mel Morris. Proper duck job.

I don’t know what he means inability to keep deadlines. Surely the deadlines are set by the admin team not the other way around. 

they have said they expect to name a preferred bidder by Christmas . Looks for sure that won’t happen. 

but being  able to achieve their own expectations , due I would suggest to one or more third parties involved is not the same as not meetings deadline. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

@cskirchner: "It’s not necessarily that… very very complex situation the admins were dealt. I do have issues with the delays and inability to keep deadlines. The only one to really blame for this situation is Mel Morris. Proper duck job."

Apologies, by 'if it's true' I was referring to his statement being true, i.e Morris screwing it up. 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I don’t listen to RD .. what has they said? 

sportsscene podcast Rams Daily 21/12/2021   Minor reference to Gadsby's bid. Worth a listen, some interesting comments on manager going forward and on transfers   BBC sounds is an easy way to get to it   Sorry not to include link but you'll find it above 

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I think £60 million sounds a lot but we could probably eat all that up in two years and be in the same position we are now. A strategic long term plan needs to be in place to pay off creditors and give the club a good footing so it can build again. So you could offer less within that two years but have a better long term strategy to pay off the creditors.

60m is indeed a lot, but you wonder how it's been put together.  'Over two years' makes you wonder if it comes in a format that is suitable to pay the immediate debts required?  From reading CK's thoughts on the payments that have to be paid as per EFL rules, it seems like he might not have even comprehended it's not something he has any rule over.  All comes across as him being extremely naively, immature and unprofessional. 

i would have thought that maintaining goodwill  with Mel would ensure that the transfer of the stadium went through smoothly as part of the deal . Not sure this is the best way to do it.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

it's really not encouraging