Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

So your point is !

Well nothing really. I agree with you I think Gadsby is a safe pair of hands. 

the only issue is that he will not be spending huge sums of his own money ( quite sensibly , look what happened to Morris and even Pickering) .  So he needs to be in cahoots with others and I would like to know who else is involved especially now that John Kirkland has sadly passed.

11 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

In their interview with Radio Derby when asked about the parasites they seemed confident they'd easily bat away the claims and it'd be resolved 'in the next month'. So I'm not sure what has changed if anything at all on that front. As others have said their expectation management hasn't been fantastic with the continually shifting timelines but it does read as in the fundamentals are getting in place for some stability soon. 

I suppose the truth is that they don't know how these will be dealt with until there's agreement on who the new owner will be - it may be that one of the interested parties wants a completely clean slate so wants the administrators to 'get rid of' these claims in advance of the takeover, whereas maybe another party is more bullish and will invite the two chancers to take them to court if they're confident they can win....the administrators are still negotiating with the 3 potential new owners so there isn't necessarily one answer to this issue......

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The EFL will wait to see what plays out between Boro, Wycombe and Derby and yes they will be loving it.

Immediately after a settlement is reached the EFL will create new rules stopping clubs from charging each other, IE: us charging QPR and Villa.

As for liquidation. As soon as the name Gadsby came up it was enough for me to realise we won't be liquidated. Gadsby isn't the best option, but he is the insurance option. He won't allow the club to go under, him and other rich fans he will know will chuck the bare minimum in to keep the club afloat before selling us on eventually. Can't grumble at that really.

Sigh.

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well nothing really. I agree with you I think Gadsby is a safe pair of hands. 

the only issue is that he will not be spending huge sums of his own money ( quite sensibly , look what happened to Morris and even Pickering) .  So he needs to be in cahoots with others and I would like to know who else is involved especially now that John Kirkland has sadly passed.

Not  sure you'll find that out even when the preferred bidder is announced - suspect all the bidders have folk behind them who will be providing the majority of the financing - some of them may want to stay in the shadows (at least in the short term)

16 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Not  sure you'll find that out even when the preferred bidder is announced - suspect all the bidders have folk behind them who will be providing the majority of the financing - some of them may want to stay in the shadows (at least in the short term)

Hhhmmm?

image.png.877094461015eb5870772b2fe844af50.png

17 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Gadsby is a Derby fan who happened to be involved in the design & build of Rotherham's stadium. Somebody has just got confused that's all...

It's not as though Kirchner has had a Rams away kit for every Chrimbo since he was knee high to a grasshopper is it?

He'd probably never even heard of us until Rooney joined.

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It's not as though Kirchner has had a Rams away kit for every Chrimbo since he was knee high to a grasshopper is it?

He'd probably never even heard of us until Rooney joined.

Won’t stop him kissing the badge if he gets to buy the club.

I suppose that’s not too much to tolerate as he’ll be kissing goodbye to a good few million quid too!

14 hours ago, Derbados said:

Vultures is the word I would use. 

People have lost their livelihoods, some probably their homes over what’s happened to the club. If we go into liquidation, I’m sure many more will also follow suit.

These two prats, who also happen to be multi millionaires just couldn’t help themselves could they, like vultures picking the meat off a dead carcass

there are now 2 clubs that I despise more than Forest and Leeds

Could never despise any club as much as i despise Leeds but that banker Gibsons mob are a close second

3 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

They have said they hoped to be out of admin before Chrtsmas. That isn't going to happen. But that was never stated as an expectation,  only a hope.

They have said however that they expect to announce a preferred bidder this week, and said so in meetings with  the fans and with the players. So if that doesn't happen this week, then I would agree they have not managed expectations well.

I'm assuming by your comments that you are satisfied with the way the administrators have managed supporters expectations via their comms all throughout the administration process?

1 hour ago, MK-Ram said:

I'm happy with whoever prevents us from getting liquidated and has enough about them to stabilise us.

Would be great to get back into the Championship first time of asking because as we know from Sunderland, Ipswich etc you can be down there a long time, however I'd trade being stuck in league one for survival

It would be even better if we just stayed in the championship .

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm assuming by your comments that you are satisfied with the way the administrators have managed supporters expectations via their comms all throughout the administration process?

There I was thinking that their role was to dig through the mess that Mel left us in and try to pay off as much of the debt as possble - hopefully by (but by no means certainly) selling us as a going concern. Hadn't realised their remit was also to keep the supporters happy at the same time.....

4 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

So many inaccuracies in this post its difficult to know where to start but the main points are;

a) you continue not to understand the difference between civil law & agenda driven EFL dieciplinary processes. You can not extrapolate the EFL retrospectively charging us with P&S breaches under pressure from other clubs into what would happen in a civil law court.

b) massive assumption that no-one would buy a club or indeed business with threatened legal action. An assessment would be made on the strength of the respective claims first

c) the notion our conduct has been so much more egregious than other clubs who have broken FFP is exactly the kind of drivel we've had to listen to from rival fans for the past year. If the EFL wanted explicit treatment of amortisation, they should have stated so. If there isnt explicit wording, clubs will find interpretations. Our accounts were publicly available & signed off by independent auditors...not deliberately hidden.

a) I haven't misunderstood anything, I'm just pointing out that not everything goes as you'd always anticipate it, regardless of whether that's EFL law or civil law; the term "miscarriage of justice" exists for a reason. 

b) It's evident that the claims are being taken more seriously by the admin than they are by you. They're the ones who are communicating with the prospective new owners and know what needs to be done before a final deal is struck but it seems you know better.

If a new owner was willing to buy us with this loose end unsewn why are they taking so long to look at the claims? Why are they even considering paying out?

You can keep burying your head in the sand, keep on believing that the claims against us aren't a large detriment to the timescale or massively off-putting to the new owners, but at this point you're just ignoring what's in front of you.

If a deal does go through before this situation is resolved I'll hold my hands up and say you were right.

c) again you've totally missed my point. I'm not saying our conduct was more  egregious than others, I agree that it's the kind of crap we've had to listen to from other fans... but that is the perception of us whether it's fair or not.

I'm not saying we deserve it. I'm just trying to find a reason why the claims against us are being entertained despite us (correctly) pointing out that they should be claiming against the EFL and despite us pointing out the can of worms it could open. 

If it was as simple as you try to make out it would already have been dealt with.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

10 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

There I was thinking that their role was to dig through the mess that Mel left us in and try to pay off as much of the debt as possble - hopefully by (but by no means certainly) selling us as a going concern. Hadn't realised their remit was also to keep the supporters happy at the same time.....

Their role is also the dissemination of information and updates you agree?

Doesn't matter if you don't tbf. 

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

As a matter of interest Tyler would you prefer the administrators to say it how it genuinely is, albeit with shifting sands, or would you prefer a spin on it either way to "manage expectations"?