Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Does concern me the way the administrators have placed the responsibility for players being sold onto Rooney which I find quite unfair....like Wayne do you want to sell Jozwiak - not really - ok but just to let you know if we don't then we can't pay next month's bills. But it's your choice ?

I think it's more of backing Rooneys statement where he said no players would be sold without his say so.

48 minutes ago, Topram said:

Now February… just keep putting it back  

lt comes as no surprise, the mins have revealed nothing at all really other than we are a million mikes away from a sale.

No agreement with:

HMRC

Mel Morris/MSD over the ground.

Other Creditors.

Preferred Bidder.

Boro/Wycombe should tell them to FO.

In a nutshell, we are a million mikes away from where we need to be and with deadlines constantly slipping, I have to question if a deal is even likely.... 

I really hope a preferred bidder is announced before Xmas, I have a feeling this will also slip too.  Who is going to part with £5M when no agreements are in place with several parties.....

Would you put a non refundable deposit on a house when you dont know how much it will eventually cost?

#notlookingtoogood

Edited by RAM1966

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm not venting my spleen at the administrators as they are only at the football club at all because of one person but so far they've been really poor at managing expectations.

Cynically too the longer it drags on the greater their whack.

Occured to me roo. The idea they are trying to reach a prompt consensual agreement with parasites who want 50m plus in damages is either extremely naive or an excuse for extended negotiations whilst they get paid by the hour. I would be surprised if prospective owners insisted on this being settled pre-sale knowing that they will have to pay out for extremely weak claims post-sale.

HMRC seem on board, Morris & MSD have given verbal assurances & the EFL penalty issue has beeen resolved. These are the 3 main issues. We have to pay football  creditors in full anyway so would think we shouldn't be far from the threshold to get a creditors agreement.

This smacks of unnecessary delay.

3 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I think it's more of backing Rooneys statement where he said no players would be sold without his say so.

I know but it won't be Rooney's say so if it's a toss up between selling a player to keep us afloat or keeping someone that Rooney wants to stay. 

I have to say the longer and longer this goes on the administrators statements sound more and more like PR spin or hollow government soundbites. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Does concern me the way the administrators have placed the responsibility for players being sold onto Rooney which I find quite unfair....like Wayne do you want to sell Jozwiak - not really - ok but just to let you know if we don't then we can't pay next month's bills. But it's your choice ?

Hopefully it will be more a case of them saying "Look Wayne we need to get £X amount off the wage bill. The best way of doing this is to sell one of the following players...." 

It then should come down to his opinion which player he feels we can sell-on that would least impact on the way he sets up the team.

4 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

lt comes as no surprise, the mins have revealed nothing at all really other than we are a million mikes away from a sale.

No agreement with:

HMRC

Other Creditors.

Preferred Bidder.

In a nutshell, we are a million mikes away from where we need to be and with deadlines constantly slipping, I have to question if a deal is even likely.... 

I really hope a preferred bidder is announced before Xmas, I have a feeling this will also slip too.  Who is going to part with £5M when no agreements are in place with several parties.....

Would you put a non refundable deposit on a house when you dont know how much it will eventually cost?

#notlookingtoogood

Are you taking the Michael? ?

2 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Occured to me roo. The idea they are trying to reach a prompt consensual agreement with parasites who want 50m plus in damages is either extremely naive or an excuse for extended negotiations whilst they get paid by the hour. I would be surprised if prospective owners insisted on this being settled pre-sale knowing that they will have to pay out for extremely weak claims post-sale.

HMRC seem on board, Morris & MSD have given verbal assurances & the EFL penalty issue has beeen resolved. These are the 3 main issues. We have to pay football  creditors in full anyway so would think we shouldn't be far from the threshold to get a creditors agreement.

This smacks of unnecessary delay.

Negotiating with HMRC doesn't mean they are on board,if they were on board what they are willing to accept would probably have been resolved by now seeing as they have been in talks for a few weeks.

15 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

That won't be a decision, accountants will tell him he has to accept it and publicly, Wayne will put a positive spin on it....  As Jan window comes to a close we will be begging clubs just to take the bigger earners like Lawrence off our hands, if a deal to buy the club is not looking likely.

Anyone who thinks Rooney will have any say in this at all is deluded.  The only choice he may get is which player he wants to keep if its a choice of selling 1 of 2 players......

Edited by RAM1966

Just now, atherstoneram said:

Negotiating with HMRC doesn't mean they are on board,if they were on board what they are willing to accept would probably have been resolved by now seeing as they have been in talks for a few weeks.

They don't generally accept until the CVA is formally prepared as they want to know what settlement has been agreed with other parties first & confirmation of available funds to pay settlement. Clearly they dont want to be short changed by agreeing early & as a Government agency, are unlkely to be easily placated. As per admin notes (& confirmed elsewhere)

We have had very positive discussions with HMRC and have submitted a proposal to them. Communications will continue with them. A formal agreement has not been reached butwe expect to formalise their position via a CVA or Restructuring Plan as required in due course.

20 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

No agreement with:

HMRC

Other Creditors.

Preferred Bidder.

#notlookingtoogood

Well appentley an agreement has been put into place and with hrmc mate.

19 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's quite a leap fella! I suspect a certain Wane Rooney would have something to say were the admins to attempt to 'pull the wool' in this fashion. With all due respect, I take it as quite the opposite and until such time as there is any evidence supporting your notion, it might be nice to not unsettle folk further.

This said, I share your disquiet at the length of time being taken and also concur with your assessment that they have moved from being very open and proactive in their approach to comms, to being quite the opposite. Has an administrator ever completed the process on time, I wonder?

Perhaps Rams Trust might have enquired as to what their fee currently stands at and what it is likely to be based on the new timeline, if only to make Quantuma aware that they too are under scrutiny and rightly so.

34 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Well it’s a football decision so Quantuma can’t really take it. In reality Rooney has been told - you don’t need to sell players to raise cash. Isn’t that exactly what he wants to hear ?

Just now, one_chop said:

And everyone was saying at the beginning of Administration how refreshing it was to get some positive communication out of the club instead of silence out of Mel.

I still say we are going to be the first 'big' club that gets liquidated. 

Cheary soul

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Well it’s a football decision so Quantuma can’t really take it. In reality Rooney has been told - you don’t need to sell players to raise cash. Isn’t that exactly what he wants to hear ?

If that's the case then happy with that.

Underlying concern is how fluid Quantumas statements turn out to be given the large gap so far between their predicted timelines and reality. 

3 minutes ago, one_chop said:

And everyone was saying at the beginning of Administration how refreshing it was to get some positive communication out of the club instead of silence out of Mel.

I still say we are going to be the first 'big' club that gets liquidated. 

Care to explain why?

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Derbys administration is no different to any other football  administration in that HMRC will get a share of what is available. They will probably get a bigger share than the rest of the unsecured creditors due to their new found preferred status. I very much doubt that will be 100%.   

The timeline , in case you forget is that COVID happened in march 2020. The authorities decided players should carry on playing , so they needed to be paid their wages, but there was little or no income coming in. The football authorities applied for help from the Government but that was refused, wrongly in my view. 

Instead they sough help from Premier league all they got was a loan and even that Derby were deemed  not eligible for.

So I'm not surprised that Derby cannot afford to pay HMRC. Thats no-one's fault but the Government's fault and they are the ones now claiming money. They are on dodgy moral grounds to say the least.

We were not eligble, because Mel would not show the EFL the accounts, no wonder with the embarassing mess he has left behind.

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Looking at settlements for Boro and Wycombe as the legal process will take to long. 

That makes me feel physically sick 

I'm between feeling physically sick, absolutely fuming and utterly incredulous.  To compare them to parasites doesn't even begin to explain what they are in my view. I do wonder what said settlement is.  I'm thinking I'd rather not know.