Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

4 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

So if a billionaire can’t make Mels mess work then it’s unlikely anyone else will!

Bury fc have restarted in level 9 in the North West Counties North first division, by the look of it we’ll restart in the Northern Counties East Premier Division, with Bottesford Town, Staveley bloody Miners Welfare, Winterton (WHO) Rangers etc etc. Is this registering with you Mel Morris lovers yet!? Not even a proper demonstration, disappearing with a whimper!!!

Only Nixon told us he's a billionaire. He's another Alonso. Plus I'm not convinced he really understands how the game or even business works over here.

15 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Kirchner has thrown his toys out of the pram, so maybe it's a good job he's out? The last thing we need is a "Michael Knighton" sort.

Haven't seen CK juggling with his balls at half time at PP yet but there's always chance....though it will be a family audience so I guess not.

Lots of differing opinions on here, most of them fairly well balanced, which makes for a great read. One thing we can all agree on is that this process is tiresome, frustrating and (as @angieramsaid) pretty much blind to the fans.

I always try to come back to the facts, which admittedly are few. Quantuma publicly stated there were 3 bidders in the running. Now there are 2. In my mind, CK’s withdrawal is only a massive problem if he was “first in the queue” to be preferred bidder.

But if he was first in the queue, why would he pull out now? If he was first in the queue, why did he (allegedly) increase his bid twice? If he was first in the queue, why haven’t Quantuma (allegedly) spoken to him in a long time?

On balance, those questions make me believe that CK was unlikely to be named the preferred bidder- in which case we have lost very little. I say “very little” in the context of avoiding liquidation, which to me is the main (only?) goal at this stage. Long term we all obviously want a committed, savvy and rich (!) owner who brings the club success- and CK MIGHT have been that owner. But it is impossible to say right now who will be the best owner for DCFC in 3 years’ time.

Final note on my use of the word “allegedly”. Those who are desperate to know something are likely to believe anything. For those reading this thread and feeling despondent, remind yourself of the difference between opinion and fact, and keep the faith. COYR.

5 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

So if a billionaire can’t make Mels mess work then it’s unlikely anyone else will!

Bury fc have restarted in level 9 in the North West Counties North first division, by the look of it we’ll restart in the Northern Counties East Premier Division, with Bottesford Town, Staveley bloody Miners Welfare, Winterton (WHO) Rangers etc etc. Is this registering with you Mel Morris lovers yet!? Not even a proper demonstration, disappearing with a whimper!!!

Mel Morris - the man who killed Derby. Awful stuff. Hoping for a miracle now but it doesn’t look good. This 95 per cent won’t be liquidated scenario the administrators predicted was just talk. 
Wonder if a wide fan led consortium can get anywhere near to sorting this out? Got to be a few wealthy fans who would be up for saving the club?

8 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Not sure what that level of football will do with maybe 2000 loyal rams fans turning up at away grounds? 

Thing is, DCFC is big enough with enough fans that it can make money if chosen to run that way, where as Bury really can’t (no disrespect).

It can’t be in interest of a single person or entity for us to be liquidated and Phoenixd into Micky mouse league.

More likely is surely creditors getting minimal amount, then a bunch of extra EFL points fines followed by a L1 relegation battle?

This is the real likely worse case for me. The stadium owner will get a match day rent.

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

22 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Kirchner might have simply thought, gosh I don't need to waste 50 million plus, paying off derbys debt. 

He can simply buy another club without the debt.

I dunno how CK can slag off Mel Morris' financial acumen on one hand then on the other have it suddenly dawn on him that he's going to paying off a shed load of his debt if he did buy the club.

He would have been aware of that from the off. 

1 minute ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Mel Morris - the man who killed Derby. Awful stuff. Hoping for a miracle now but it doesn’t look good. This 95 per cent won’t be liquidated scenario the administrators predicted was just talk. 
Wonder if a wide fan led consortium can get anywhere near to sorting this out? Got to be a few wealthy fans who would be up for saving the club?

The stupidity by our own fans in protecting Mel Morris has screwed us over! Blackpool hounded Oyston until he had nowhere to hide and avoided all the mess we’re in. Look at them now, back in the groove in the championship, we could be a decade away from that position come season end.

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Yes Percy has.

Thanks.

"In talks with 3 parties: Kirchner group, a local consortium with former chairman/owner Peter Gadsby involved + 1 other"

...but a Gadsby/Appleby combo has been ruled out, although we know Appleby has confirmed himself to be interested, so why would Percy say '+1 other' as if he's not able to name them, when we know it's the Appleby Group.

It doesn't add up and certainly doesn't confirm to me that the Gadsby stuff is gospel.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Hey look at the positives, if we do have to start up again in the Northern Premier League just think of all the reduction in our carbon footprints ?

We’ll be in the league below the northern premier, you know the one with portacabins as changing rooms, where the manager cuts the grass and sells the programs and his wife sweeps the stands after flipping the burgers!

19 minutes ago, Boycie said:

The fan groups need to get a virtual meeting sorted pronto.  The timing terrible for that though.

Why? It’s not going to change or speed up the process. It will simply satisfy our understandable thirst for knowledge. I doubt the administrator would tell us, or be able to tell us anything other than CK has pulled out, there are still interested parties, preferred bidder not expected to be announced until xxxxx (probably mid Jan), expect to complete xxxxxx (probably early/mid Feb).

I don’t understand the argument that selling players in January lessens the value of the club? If a player is sold in January for money when they were out of contract in the summer and could have left for nothing then that is a positive isn’t it? Unless anyone believes keeping said player(s) could save us from relegation!

8 hours ago, StrawHillRam said:

It is with regret that I’m also pulling out. It has taken too long and I got bored waiting

Sorry it’s a bank holiday in derbyshire today so I couldn’t transfer the funds 

Edited by Ramos