Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

31 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Tepper is a different animal and is quite honestly a dream owner. He bought the Carolina Panthers in 2018 for $2.3bn and soon after invested even more into sports in Charlotte by expansion in the MLS - a whim that still cost him north of €300m and something that he won't make money back on for a long time, perhaps ever. It's an investment in the growth of the MLS.

He's at the point in his life where he's become a sporting philanthropist - a genuine figure head for the growth of Carolina sports in the States (perhaps the world) and football in America. He could quite comfortably purchase almost any Premier League club and he's shown a desire to be aggressive in his approaches to grow his brand. 

Tepper wouldn't be a hands-on owner, but he would pay top dollar to high-end executives who he believed could and there wouldn't be a shortage of people looking to work for him. It would quite honestly be a dream scenario and for that reason I absolutely can't believe that it's even remotely an option. 

Kirchner, who has now put himself in the spotlight, is coming off well. As Jordan said, who knows much more about researching business growth than me, the company he has now is ascending to the point where he potentially could be a billionaire in the future. I would guess not know, but it's showing incredible growth in a short amount of time. He seems set up for a long-term investment and has shown the required funds as of now, so perhaps it has the potential to be a good match. He sounds like an intelligent man, something our boardroom has sadly lacked for too many years. 

Post of the day, well said…………………….I’ve posted you a pint.?

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

I'm hoping this business with Kirchner and the administrators messaging on TS will simply force everyone else interested to get a shift on with their bids and the admins will be left with one, two or even three credible bids to choose from. That would be ideal for DCFC.

I wonder if him breaking ranks and going public at this stage will come back to bite him.  

I’m not so sure that multiple bids are necessarily in DCFC's (and our) best interests for a couple of reasons. Firstly more complicated negotiations potentially slow the process down - and the different bids will inevitably have different benefits for different creditors. And, secondly, multiple bids will drive the price up (in theory). That means possibly less money for the successful candidate to spend on the club after their success

The downside of limited (one) numbers of bidders is that it only takes the person to drop out for us to be in a real mess.

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

image.png.da2cadc125d4915e0118d6e17762080a.png

From Rolls Royce own accounts - 1,500 people down in their UK employee count. Not sure where Simon Jordan got those numbers from, nevermind how many were Derby season ticket holders. 

That will be lower this year. It’s around 1500 just in the East Mids but some of those might have transferred to ITP Aero.

Can see how he got it though without looking up the detail, 9000 Derby is the main employment centre so deduct a few 7,500. It’s wrong but it’s not an unreasonable deduction to someone who isn’t local or an R-R employee. I bet a fair few will be season ticket holders but also a few red dogs and Foxes based on a representation of those I work with. 

Simon Jordan beer mat Maths. Assuming someone has paid $70m and receives shares amounting to 1% of the business then technically the company is valued at $7bn. 

This is all very crude mine and doesn’t take into account that the investment probably combines some equity with debt and the amount paid for the shares may be smaller. 

Either way I take owt SJ says with a pinch of salt EA was a serious player according to him. 

15 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

I’m not so sure that multiple bids are necessarily in DCFC's (and our) best interests for a couple of reasons. Firstly more complicated negotiations potentially slow the process down - and the different bids will inevitably have different benefits for different creditors. And, secondly, multiple bids will drive the price up (in theory). That means possibly less money for the successful candidate to spend on the club after their success

The downside of limited (one) numbers of bidders is that it only takes the person to drop out for us to be in a real mess.

Good points, I'm also not a fan of a single bid because we will have to accept it and it might not be right, but because its the only one we have to go with it.

35 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think it's still annoyed that we signed Waghorn over them.

Although, if you ask me, Gibson should be giving Morris a rusty trombone for saving him that money. It's not like we ever got anything remotely close to the value we paid for him. 

Well he left for nothing thanks to Efl not letting us offer him a decent renewal. Mind you he can’t get in the Coventry team now.

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well it could be they are seeing who can pay big debts first and get club out of admin and embargo lifted it be wise give roony some money to play with and maybe we get some players permeantly but also offer new deals to players.

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

If we are allowed to sign any players in January, I'm pretty sure they'll only be free agents or loanees, particularly if avoiding relegation looks a long-shot.

Plus we're going to be subject to an agreed (2 year?) business plan with the EFL, so god knows what player budget they would allow us to have!

8 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Plus we're going to be subject to an agreed (2 year?) business plan with the EFL, so god knows what player budget they would allow us to have!

Well I think it will be depanding what remains I think once most of debt us gone the bigger budget we shall be allowed to have.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

image.png.da2cadc125d4915e0118d6e17762080a.png

From Rolls Royce own accounts - 1,500 people down in their UK employee count. Not sure where Simon Jordan got those numbers from, nevermind how many were Derby season ticket holders. 

Completely off topic, but reading that just shows me that the Germans and French have got better employment protection laws than everyone else in Europe. ?

Edited by Grumpy Git

1 hour ago, SamUltraRam said:

You've got to laugh at Simon Jordan and some of the numbers he was quoting

Apparently our crowds are 27,000 every game, Rolls-Royce laid off 7,500 in Derby (no they didn't) & 2,500 of them were season ticket holders ??? & a £70m investment in Chris Kircheners firm means it's worth £7 billion

Fortunately, what Simon Jordan says is irrelevant and what our administrator had to say sounded very credible and level headed

What has Rolls Royce redundancies got to do with Simon Jordan. Are they clubbing together to buy Derby with their redundancy lump sums? What point is he making? I'm glad I don't listen to him.

The thing that interests me is when it’s all done and dusted what can we actually do within P and S. No matter who we get, this league is handicapped. I say that because it isn’t a level playing field while parachute payments exist. You can’t buy the league because relegated clubs have booked most of the seats at the top. And if you try and push in, you get penalised

ok so we are allowed to lose 39 million over 3 years. I seriously doubt that any even mildly ambitious none parachute club can actually make much profit and owners can’t inject capital at will 

At our best we had an income of 30 million PA Then we can be subbed 13 million PA ..(assuming generous owner) so total dosh technically available maxes out at   43 million 

Can we run the club on that ? . Not a penny more .. ever ! 

So … what are the costs of running a new lean mean DCFC ? Including transfer budget. 

15 players at 500 k PA = 7.5 million 

20 players at 250 k PA = 5.0 million 

Other staff dunno .. let’s say 1.5 million 

Rent  = let’s say 3% of Mels 80 million = 2.5 million 

That’s 16 million ish  .. now there’s a factor you could add for all other costs .. energy, bus rates, policing, maintenance, professional services, it’s difficult to guess because wages are so top heavy in football but I can’t help feeling it’s going to be close to double the wages and venue costs

My conclusion is that post Covid wages and transfer fees will be more manageable .. If we get the right sponsorship deals, a generous owner and crowds return to normal then we could be sustainable and maybe be able to sign a decent player or 2 each year. 

8 minutes ago, jono said:

The thing that interests me is when it’s all done and dusted what can we actually do within P and S. No matter who we get, this league is handicapped. I say that because it isn’t a level playing field while parachute payments exist. You can’t buy the league because relegated clubs have booked most of the seats at the top. And if you try and push in, you get penalised

ok so we are allowed to lose 39 million over 3 years. I seriously doubt that any even mildly ambitious none parachute club can actually make much profit and owners can’t inject capital at will 

At our best we had an income of 30 million PA Then we can be subbed 13 million PA ..(assuming generous owner) so total dosh technically available maxes out at   43 million 

Can we run the club on that ? . Not a penny more .. ever ! 

So … what are the costs of running a new lean mean DCFC ? Including transfer budget. 

15 players at 500 k PA = 7.5 million 

20 players at 250 k PA = 5.0 million 

Other staff dunno .. let’s say 1.5 million 

Rent  = let’s say 3% of Mels 80 million = 2.5 million 

That’s 16 million ish  .. now there’s a factor you could add for all other costs .. energy, bus rates, policing, maintenance, professional services, it’s difficult to guess because wages are so top heavy in football but I can’t help feeling it’s going to be close to double the wages and venue costs

My conclusion is that post Covid wages and transfer fees will be more manageable .. If we get the right sponsorship deals, a generous owner and crowds return to normal then we could be sustainable and maybe be able to sign a decent player or 2 each year. 

Wages are coming down 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I think it's still annoyed that we signed Waghorn over them.

Although, if you ask me, Gibson should be giving Morris a rusty trombone for saving him that money. It's not like we ever got anything remotely close to the value we paid for him. 

Trombones don't rust, they're made of brass. How about a trombone with red rot?

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Interesting that they think we could exit admin in 3 weeks, would be amazing if it could be done then as you would think everything will be resolved with regards to ongoing cases with the EFL, Boro & Wycombe, plus sorting the debts our with HMRC (discussions next week with them) etc as well as the P&S deduction - also said could be done by 1st week of Jan at the latest

I think his reference to 3 weeks was to have a firmed up exit plan.  Indicated aim by end of the year but could see it being 1st week in January - either of which would be fantastic as it gives us scope in the transfer window