Bad behaviour by Derby (& coventry) fans again

B4ev6is

31 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The only problem with that solution is that it sort of condones, or at the very least accepts, standing in the other rows. I know standing is widespread amongst away supporters and there is very little the clubs can do about it but, I don’t think the clubs can be seen to condone or accept standing in an all seater stadium.

I think clubs are pretty pragmatic when it comes to standing in all seater stadiums. For instance, you don't see or hear warnings about standing not being okay at pride park in the south stand for instance. Since I've been going (started in 2001) away fans have generally stood and apart from a handful of incidents I can remember, clubs have not really enforced the seated policy. Indeed, there are a few clubs pushing for safe standing to be introduced that explicitly recognises standing as a part of the match experience for some and for it to be done as safely as possible.   

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I think clubs are pretty pragmatic when it comes to standing in all seater stadiums. For instance, you don't see or hear warnings about standing not being okay at pride park in the south stand for instance. Since I've been going (started in 2001) away fans have generally stood and apart from a handful of incidents I can remember, clubs have not really enforced the seated policy. Indeed, there are a few clubs pushing for safe standing to be introduced that explicitly recognises standing as a part of the match experience for some and for it to be done as safely as possible.   

I agree and that’s kind of my point. There’s a subtle difference between effectively turning a blind eye and allowing it to happen and implicitly sayings it’s OK apart from the front few rows.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree and that’s kind of my point. There’s a subtle difference between effectively turning a blind eye and allowing it to happen and implicitly sayings it’s OK apart from the front few rows.

I'd say if they're turning a blind eye and letting everyone be that is implicitly saying it's okay to stand by their actions of not doing anything about it. They're essentially tacitly accepting it without giving an explicit agreement or support due to the lack of attempt to enforce the seated policy that has especially been the case since the move to the south stand. You are right i think if they designated a few 'seated rows' that is different in the club openly acknowledging the majority of away fans will be standing but i think that's a difference on openness as opposed to the levels of condoning that is occurring. But i might be wrong on this as my brain is fried atm. 

11 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

I’m a decade earlier with the Mods. Dress code was a tailored Italian 3 button suit with narrow lapels and Pierre Cardin style waisted and flared jacket though earlier it was a boxy jacket, button down shirt with narrow tie, loafers or Chelsea boots with pointed or chisel toes, Mod haircut (like Noel Gallagher or Google the Small Faces) and of course a military green, fishtail parka, ideal for riding around on your Vespa or Lambretta which had a 4 foot aerial on the back topped with a tuft of fur (mine had a stuffed squirrel which I found thrown out by the Museum in the Wardwick) Meet up every Friday and Saturday and drink at the Seven Stars, Dolphin or Bell. 

Very smart Turk, I know who the Small Faces were, I had a Lambretta SX 200, Chrome Side panels, My Dad repainted it Yellow and Green, 3 friends died from motor bike crashes, So got rid and bought a Hillman Minx 1600, Brown and Cream colour...Jeez ?

51 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Imagine if lots of fans going to watch football in the 70s and 80s actually went to watch the football? The violence was horrible to see and difficult to get away from, I’d have been very happy for it not to have been there.

There were times in those days when you couldn't help but not watch the football, Turf Moor where we were one side of a grilled high fence Burnley the other, Soon we were bombarded with snooker balls and darts, With good grace and fortitude, Some lads brought with them a Snooker table and Dart Board ?

Mad Days they were.

8 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'd say if they're turning a blind eye and letting everyone be that is implicitly saying it's okay to stand by their actions of not doing anything about it. They're essentially tacitly accepting it without giving an explicit agreement or support due to the lack of attempt to enforce the seated policy that has especially been the case since the move to the south stand. You are right i think if they designated a few 'seated rows' that is different in the club openly acknowledging the majority of away fans will be standing but i think that's a difference on openness as opposed to the levels of condoning that is occurring. But i might be wrong on this as my brain is fried atm. 

I understand your point and  agree. However, to say they’re going to strictly enforce it for certain rows but not others takes it to another level.

If I had my way, clubs that can afford it (so that excludes us ?) should be allowed to install safe standing areas and sell equally priced seated and standing tickets for home and away supporters. Sitting in seated areas would strictly enforced. I’m no health and safety expert but I’m convinced that safe standing systems are far safer than allowing standing in a seated area.

45 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I understand your point and  agree. However, to say they’re going to strictly enforce it for certain rows but not others takes it to another level.

If I had my way, clubs that can afford it (so that excludes us ?) should be allowed to install safe standing areas and sell equally priced seated and standing tickets for home and away supporters. Sitting in seated areas would strictly enforced. I’m no health and safety expert but I’m convinced that safe standing systems are far safer than allowing standing in a seated area.

By strictly enforcing sitting in the front few rows, you can solve a problem immediately and at no cost. I'm sure that someone can come up with the adequate formal description of this area, so as not to appear to condone standing elsewhere. Maybe they could label them like the  'singing' South stand, normal seating at the front and singing seats behind, would that do?

I'm sure, that a few of us in the normal seats might break the rules and join in with the singing, though.?

40 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think more clarification would be a good thing overall and some seating especially at away games that are reserved for people who cannot stand for different reasons. But i definitely take your point. 

Yeah, without doubt safe standing is better than seats for those who do wish to stand. 

22 minutes ago, ram59 said:

By strictly enforcing sitting in the front few rows, you can solve a problem immediately and at no cost. I'm sure that someone can come up with the adequate formal description of this area, so as not to appear to condone standing elsewhere. Maybe they could label them like the  'singing' South stand, normal seating at the front and singing seats behind, would that do?

I'm sure, that a few of us in the normal seats might break the rules and join in with the singing, though.?

This area is now formally known as "the strictly seating area"

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This area is now formally known as "the strictly seating area"

The area formerly known as The South Stand is now formally known as the Former South Stand.  Could all those wishing to stand during the game please purchase a non-standard seat ticket and sit at the seats towards the back of the stand.  Those wishing to sit please purchase a standard seat ticket and sit in the lower tier of the stand.  If you do not understand, please wait in the concourse under the stand, and wait to be seated by our matchday standard bearer.

I think that covers it, but stand to be corrected.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

The area formerly known as The South Stand is now formally known as the Former South Stand.  Could all those wishing to stand during the game please purchase a non-standard seat ticket and sit at the seats towards the back of the stand.  Those wishing to sit please purchase a standard seat ticket and sit in the lower tier of the stand.  If you do not understand, please wait in the concourse under the stand, and wait to be seated by our matchday standard bearer.

I think that covers it, but stand to be corrected.

I think you need to sit down and take some deep breaths after that

Edited by Ghost of Clough

19 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Dress code in the 70s, Doc Martens or Loafers with half moon metal wedge in the heal where walking in town people thought there was a horse behind them, Levis cut short, Ben Sherman/Fred Perry, Black Harrington Jacket, Crombie for winter, And to top it off my fluorescent green socks, When my Dad saw those socks he choked on his toffees.

Only grief we got at away games from OB...our laces were taken from our boots, Daft sods never checked our pockets for spare ones ?

Also the Ram Tattoo on your arm, Now long since covered over, Got me into to many scrapes.

I seem to remember these were called ‘segs’ 

Edited by Monty

6 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Very smart Turk, I know who the Small Faces were, I had a Lambretta SX 200, Chrome Side panels, My Dad repainted it Yellow and Green, 3 friends died from motor bike crashes, So got rid and bought a Hillman Minx 1600, Brown and Cream colour...Jeez ?

Living the dream..

41 minutes ago, Monty said:

I seem to remember these were called ‘segs’ 

Segs were the small metal type with spikes on so you could just hammer them in yourself, A packet of 4, The Half Moon plate was done at the Cobblers, He'd cut a section from your NEW-ISH LOAFERS as you had to wear them for a short while so the Cobbler could cut where your heal had slightly worn down, Then drill and tap the plate into your heal...simples?

30 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Segs were the small metal type with spikes on so you could just hammer them in yourself, A packet of 4, The Half Moon plate was done at the Cobblers, He'd cut a section from your NEW-ISH LOAFERS as you had to wear them for a short while so the Cobbler could cut where your heal had slightly worn down, Then drill and tap the plate into your heal...simples?

I do recall you had to be very careful on any kind of tiled floor!

13 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Well I have seen more accented while seating than I have standing up I think standing safer that sitting down. I do hate sitting down at away games.

• 2 months later...