Rams vs Coventry (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Not sure if these were all seen on a matchday at the Coventry Building Society Arena....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-58979395.amp

Grotesque faces of Coventry uncovered

Face-pullers, tongue-stickers, green men, skeletal remains, demons and dragons are all among the many grotesque faces of Coventry, documented in a new project.

Artist Mary Courtney has worked with historian Dr Daniel Reed to pinpoint the hundreds of grimacing faces that look down upon the city.

A "monstrous visual feast of gothic wonders," are to be found, she said.

They have produced a digital map and an exhibition detailing the top 100.

"You have to look up, they're behind things or under things," she said.

"They're in the dark, the semi dark or in the dim so you actually feel like an explorer - that is part of the fascination."

"I was just really intrigued because they looked so roguish, rude and fascinating and every one of them is different and it just developed into a bit of an obsession."

Got a feeling it’s going to be a memorable away day, now pay on the day as well, with already >3000 tickets sold. Really fancy us getting something and a wonderful atmosphere too, can’t wait. COYR ??

26 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Got a feeling it’s going to be a memorable away day, now pay on the day as well, with already >3000 tickets sold. Really fancy us getting something and a wonderful atmosphere too, can’t wait. COYR ??

I thought that, then saw they are 100% at home this season.

We are good at breaking other teams streaks though, although it's usually winless runs.

1 minute ago, Rev said:

I thought that, then saw they are 100% at home this season.

We are good at breaking other teams streaks though, although it's usually winless runs.

All good things come to an end ? 

35 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not sure if these were all seen on a matchday at the Coventry Building Society Arena....

Face-pullers, tongue-stickers, green men, skeletal remains, demons and dragons are all among the many grotesque faces of Coventry, documented in a new project.

Artist Mary Courtney has worked with historian Dr Daniel Reed to pinpoint the hundreds of grimacing faces that look down upon the city.

"They're in the dark, the semi dark or in the dim so you actually feel like an explorer - that is part of the fascination."

"I was just really intrigued because they looked so roguish, rude and fascinating and every one of them is different and it just developed into a bit of an obsession."

There must be one of Jimmy Hill somewhere. 

34 minutes ago, Topram said:

Best drinking in the centre then getting towards the ground or are there bars near the ground?

There is very little near the ground. You’re best off drinking in Coventry then getting the train to Coventry arena. Train is only 7 mins then it’s a 5 min walk from the station at Coventry Arena

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's actually really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Obviously, the pictures are only the artists' impressions of the real thing who will be congregating at the "whatever the Richo is called now" on saturday.

5 hours ago, Kinder said:

My lad and I were due to go tomorrow, one of my clients was taking us in a private box.  George just tested positive for COVID today though so we’ve had to back out.  We’re both gutted, especially George.

Ah, hope your lad's on the mend soon Kinder