Davies- 7.5 one shocking mistake, otherwise inspirational

Shinnie- 7  every team needs one

Bird- 8 love this lad and he is getting better

Morrison- 7 good player

Knight -8, what an engine

Lawrence- 6 marmite

Baldock- 5 doesn’t unsettle defenders, runs but needs to do more

Stretton -7 , quick, will get better, needs to get in the gym

Allsop - 7.5 solid, handled well, looked far more comfortable than in the LC games.

Byrne - 8 more like the Byrne from last season

Forsyth - 8.5 rolled back the years and got the winner

Stearman - 7 headed and kicked, looked rusty earlier on

Davies - 7 headed and kicked

Shinnie - 7 worked and worked and worked and worked, won some great tackles

Bird - 7 What? Didn't score a worldie?? He's lucky not to get 0

Morrison - 7 Love watching him play, class act. Would like to see more of an attacking threat 

Knight - 8 such energy and drive, dragged us up the pitch on a number of occasions 

Lawrence - 6.5 in and out of the game

Baldock - 6 got involved a bit here and there

Stretton  - 6.5 we looked more of a threat with his pace, but he needs to bulk up quickly.

2 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

Interesting how polarizing of a figure Lawrence still is. Finds himself in the bottom of some people's ratings and top in others. I thought he looked excellent tonight.

He gave the ball away 9 or 10 times in the first half. 3 times in the first 8 minutes. Seems to work hard in the last 15 mins tbf.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

He gave the ball away 9 or 10 times in the first half. 3 times in the first 8 minutes. Seems to work hard in the last 15 mins tbf.

I think it comes with a territory of his role within the team. A few of my friends slate him for all the shots he takes... but if he didn't take them, would anyone? He's asked to try and create some magic, and the nature of that beast in the Championship can often mean looking crap. You're right about the work ethic though, because he'll be forgiven far more readily if that keeps up.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

I think it comes with a territory of his role within the team. A few of my friends slate him for all the shots he takes... but if he didn't take them, would anyone? He's asked to try and create some magic, and the nature of that beast in the Championship can often mean looking crap. You're right about the work ethic though, because he'll be forgiven far more readily if that keeps up.

I'm not talking about shots, it's his decision making. Poor passes, cul de sac runs, backing out of challenges.  

3 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

Interesting how polarizing of a figure Lawrence still is. Finds himself in the bottom of some people's ratings and top in others. I thought he looked excellent tonight.

Gave him 6.

When he got involved he did some really nice stuff, but it wasn't often enough for me. Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh because I except more, when you see the talent he does posses ?‍♂️ If he really took games “by the scruff of the neck” he'd be a force in this division.

Result

Nine players averaged over 7.0. Onto the honours boards go...

MotM:        Craig FORSYTH      7.91

Podium:     Ryan ALLSOP          7.84

Graeme SHINNIE     7.81

Full Ratings vs Reading (H)

Forsyth             7.91

Allsop                7.84

Shinnie              7.81

Knight               7.73

Byrne                7.21

Stearman          7.16

Davies               7.14

Bird                   7.14

Morrison           7.09

Lawrence          6.86

Stretton            6.60

Baldock            5.90

Just goes to show how we all see the same game so very differently. I didn't score anyone less than a 7.0 tbh and, without uprooting trees, I though much of Baldock's work was clever and helped us in attack. I also thought Lawrence was worthy of a notably better score than his average rating above. 

Thank you all again. Special mention to @bcnram and @TexasRam for submitting ratings in all 10 matches, closely followed by @Yani P (9) , @angieram (8) and @Carnero (also 8).

We shall reconvene in a couple of days. I shall have to set the thread up for the Swansea ratings on Friday night as I am away and mostly phoneless on the Saturday. 

A full update of podium finishes, top 10 performances, MotM awards and season ratings thus far for each player will follow the weekend match.

Didn’t get my ratings in this week but looking at those it’s incredible how everyone can see the game so differently. 

For example Lawrence averaging 6.86 is a complete joke IMO. I thought he was pushing man of the match, even my old man who is a proper Lawrence basher normally thought he played well. 

23 hours ago, sage said:

Poor passes, cul de sac runs, backing out of challenges.

I think that's fair criticism at times but it certainly isn't fair for Wednesday. 

31/36 passes completed (86%)
3/3 dribbles completed
7/9 ground duels won
2 tackles

41 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

For example Lawrence averaging 6.86 is a complete joke IMO. I thought he was pushing man of the match, even my old man who is a proper Lawrence basher normally thought he played well. 

He’s better than last season on average and back to international form. I rated him lower than his effort deserved because as usual there were too many foolish speculative efforts from distance and too many shots (incl a free kick) that climbed at an angle of 40 degrees to the ground. Really liked his turn before the late on effort against the post btw