Teaser Document

Gringo

Email address was genuine, however Teaser Document has no financial information in it just 25 pages of back ground information  see below; obviously selling the sizzle,  

the email reply also contained the following text;

Dear Sirs

The Derby County Football Club Limited – In Administration

The Derby County FC Academy Limited – In Administration

Stadia DCFC Limited – In Administration               

Club DCFC Limited – In Administration

Gellaw Newco 203 Limited – In Administration

Sevco 5112 Limited – In Administration (“the Group”)

Thank you for your interest in The Derby County Football Club Limited and its associated companies.

Please find attached teaser document for your attention. 

Should you wish to progress with a potential purchase of the Group, we will require the following: 

A signed non-disclosure agreement; and

Proof of funding (£5 MILLION POUNDS) in either a UK bank account or UK solicitor’s client account.

Should the above criteria be satisfied, we will provide access to a secure data room for due diligence to commence.

Teaser Document Index

Contents 

History and Heritage Pride Park Stadium Training Centre
Club Honours

Wayne Rooney
Liam Rosenior
Justin Walker
Jason Pearcy
First-Team Squad
Loan Deals
Academy
Academy Graduates

Attendances
First-Team Results and Tables Academy Results and Tables

Digital Audience

Community Trust

Women’s Football Club

16 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Teaser Document has no financial information in it just 25 pages of back ground information  see below; obviously selling the sizzle

Disappointing really - this is like knowing your budget for buying a house, you see one that looks good on Right Move, you book a visit, all looks perfect, you put in an offer  -and then they tell you that it's structurally unsound and needs to have a massive amount of money spent on underpinning.

I'm not sure that it's a good strategy to entice buyers with the good stuff and draw a veil over the bad. Feels like that will just end up wasting even more time with potential buyers pulling out at the last minute

Plus if the financial situation wasn't that bad, they wouldn't need to omit it from the teaser?

16 minutes ago, Boycie said:

You’d assume all the individual 5m deposits would get returned if they were an actual viable losing bid.  If you don’t actually offer or say, “you’re alright mate” you could lose it.

<how big number economics works in my head>

What they need to do is drop the £5m figure somewhat to encourage more interested parties to deposit what would just be a queen's ransom as opposed to a king's ransom, give it a couple of months, pay off the debts with it then Yoink! Job done! Leg it!

</how big number economics works in my head>

Coming soon: Eddie's guide to perpetual motion.

Edited by Eddie

You have to look at the contents of that teaser document and say - if you're not already done your own research and already know that information, then you're pretty stupid already.

Surely - any bidder will clearly want to know:

- liability of the debts owed
- Potential liabilities not yet resolved
- future cash position and budgeting
- Cash in hand
- EFL points position to know the likelihood of L1 football although I'm fairly sure L1 football should be the expectation

But I'm sure this is all available (pending the points) once the £5m is deposited.