Operation Fill the Ground v Swansea

sage

8 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

"you'd be hard pressed to find any other club whose home support has dropped as severely as ours since the first lockdown." And you would be hard pressed to find any other club who has treated its fan base with such contempt or made it so difficult to actually buy tickets

That's a fair comment, but if by some miracle we made it to Wembley this season I'll wager many of the missing fans would equally miraculously show up looking for tickets. They really shouldn't expect a hearty welcome from those who are putting up with all of the frustrations right now but still getting to games. 

Just now, Crewton said:

That's a fair comment, but if by some miracle we made it to Wembley this season I'll wager many of the missing fans would equally miraculously show up looking for tickets. They really shouldn't expect a hearty welcome from those who are putting up with all of the frustrations right now but still getting to games. 

So why would anyone bother when they are going to be treated poorly by the likes of you?

14 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I agree. Have had to hold my tongue every time with family members taking all and sundry for "a day out" not thinking they have deprived an actual fan from going but its not those people missing from average home gates pre-lockdown to now. Its not the reason for us but I think the club's attitude has turned many away. I hope it starts to recover and think it will for Swansea.

33 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Well say that then. As someone who usually has season tickets but cant go this year for many reasons I found the tone of your previous comments insulting and lacking in any empathy. Perhaps I am a sensitive soul in which case I apologise 

Yeah you're sensitive,  apology accepted. 

I do think some fans are a bit touchy about this.

If you have a genuine reason not to go, no one is getting at you personally.

It's still okay to wonder why the floating supporters who could attend if they wanted to aren't coming along at a time when the club needs them the most.

I just think they're not "that" interested. Just like I wouldn't be "that" interested if my local theatre or cinema was having a financial crisis. I'm not emotionally invested in them.

If you want to attend on Wednesday go, if you want to go on Saturday go. There will be possibly 1000s that are a bit 'well we will wait and see' and others that cannot due to work commitments, finance, time and now the petrol 'crisis'. Loads of DCFC fans travel great distances to come and see us play and I really admire them,all of them. They will be thinking about coming due to the lack of fuel at pumps. I don' t blame them if they don't. All I ask if there are still 'local' fans that are still undecided to come on the bus, carshare or just walk to PP because you may not get the opportunity in 6 months time if, and I really hope it doesn't, that the club folds. I will be there on Wednesday and Saturday as I live locally. We need all the help we can get. UTR!

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's still okay to wonder why the floating supporters who could attend if they wanted to aren't coming along at a time when the club needs them the most.

I just think they're not "that" interested. Just like I wouldn't be "that" interested if my local theatre or cinema was having a financial crisis. I'm not emotionally invested in them.

We will have to agree to disagree but the tone of some posters does seem to be superior and getting at people personally. They may not mean to but if you are someone who lives and breathes Derby but cant always go when wanting to then yes you would be "a bit touchy" about it. And by "bit touchy" I mean sick to death of it. 

58 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thanks, saved me posting 

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

So why would anyone bother when they are going to be treated poorly by the likes of you?

Hang on Mr Dramallama, I've never said so much as a word to anyone I suspected of being an occasional fan. They don't tend to wear badges or distinctive clothing do they? But they shouldn't expect a vote of thanks either. I'd just be pleased to see some of the hundreds of empty seats filled at this time when the future of the club is at stake and a clearer idea of why those who aren't attending aren't currently able to rally to the cause. 

42 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

We will have to agree to disagree but the tone of some posters does seem to be superior and getting at people personally. They may not mean to but if you are someone who lives and breathes Derby but cant always go when wanting to then yes you would be "a bit touchy" about it. And by "bit touchy" I mean sick to death of it. 

There is a difference between wanting to go and can’t, to can’t be bothered to go 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Well said!!

It's not about some fans being bigger or more important than the others, it's about supporting our club when they need it the most. If you genuinely can't or don't want to come fair enough, but we should be doing our bit to send a message that Derby is a massive club and for us to help them in anyway we can.