8 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Roos

Stearman         Lawrence           Davies

Byrne   Bird.                     Shinnie.  Foz

Morrison

Festy

Stretton

That made me chuckle. 

Roos just needs to put the long ball over the top then and Jack will do the rest.

Simples!

I’m not sure if it’s at all practical or if it’s even realistic to do because so many young players in a side can be catostrophic…..but if we just forgot the ages and played square pegs in square holes based on performances so far (inc pre season) I’d pick :-

Roos

Festy.  Stearman.   Davis.    Forsyth. 

Morrison.            Bird.  

Sibley.         Lawrence.     Hutchinson. 

Stretton.  

subs : Allsop, Watson, Byrne, Shinnie, Williams, Brown, Jozwiak.

That’s harsh on Watson but I see him as a CM and I think Bird and Morrison have individually looked good in those roles. Also harsh on Shinnie but like I say this isn’t necessarily the most practical team just the one where individually I feel they’ve played best in those roles.

Assuming Buchanan not fit yet. 

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

Roos

Davies.   Jagielka. Stearman.

Ebosele.  Bird  Morrison Buchanan 

Sibley

Stretton.  Baldock 

Could something like that happen soon?

With CKR out long term and the 2 other strikers seemingly being Baldock and Stretton. The option to hoof it up to the big man is gone.

I think we need to realise that we can't really compensate for the defence. No matter what we do in terms of selection in order to be more solid a defence of Byrne Davies Stearman Forsyth is just going to give up a couple good chances a game. It's one of the mistakes I feel like we made last year, where in an effort to stay tight we end up narrowly losing. I think we need to gamble on finding a way to create a lot more chances and dominate in possession because whilst we have a poor defence we actually have a roster of technically good players in midfielder. I think this will likely produce more "swingy" results where we could lose a couple games heavily but I think it will allow us to actually start producing wins. Playing for a draw is one of the biggest wastes of time in football due to the difference between the points for a win and a draw in real terms is vast. With that in mind I'd be seriously consider something like the following:

Roos

Byrne Cashin Davies Buchanan

Bird

Morrison   Watson

Sibley        Stretton     Lawrence 

Roos is obvious. Byrne would keep his place by the absolute skin of his teeth and almost entirely down to being a bit more comfortable on the ball than Ebosele but I could definitely see the argument for going differently. I think we need to accept conceding one of the squad places now to Cashin, we are so sorely lacking both pace and technical ability at the back its truly painful and like I said before it's not even as if Stearman Davies as a pair look rock solid. Assuming Buchanan is fit he should rightfully get his starting place back and if he isn't I'd probably start Williams, Fozzy just can't play the amount of football he has done consecutively and the more he fatigues the more glaring errors he's occasionally prone to creep in. 

Midfield is where I expect I'll get the most disagreement and I'm more presenting an idea as opposed to something I'm 100% sold on. First thing is I'd be tempted to move away from the 4231, I feel as a system it has a tendency to artificially impose an attacking block and a defensive block of players alongside often seeing the team set up in very flat lines make it harder to move the ball. Obviously that can be overcome but I think we'd need a right footed deep laying player, ideally who can carry the ball to make it work. It's possible you could get this out of Morrison but I think we might be better off with him a bit further up. The second major thing is I think we need to seriously think about dropping Shinnie or at least not deploying him in a role where by necessity he needs to get on the ball a bunch, played in a deep 2 (and it would be worse as a lone DM) he hamstrings any ability to really control possession properly. There is an argument I feel to playing him more advanced in a 3 over Watson as you can more readily use his strengths off the ball and play around him more readily on the ball. Bird is the only real player at the club capable of playing a sole DM role and would likely find it easier both from an attacking and defensive point of view than he does in a 2. After that I went the two most technically capable midfielders and the most likely to really thread balls through to the front 3 but I could see arguments for either Shinnie (as mentioned) or Hutchinson instead of Watson.

The front three are picked because they are the mostly players we have to score, the plan should be to looking to aggressively playing them in behind or having the fullbacks hammer low crosses into the box (one of the big arguments I can see for going for Ebosele is because of Byrne's propensity for floating nothing balls in). I'd like to put Sibley in midfield or even play him as a 10 but I think for now we need him a bit further forward until we get a better balance and better control over games.

Ultimately I just have this nagging feeling that we need to do something a bit different and let go of players that are perceived as having to play to make us defensively solid when I just don't think that's an end we can get to right now.

TLDR; Your opponent cannot score if they don't have the ball.

Hull appealed against George Moncur's sending off but that was rejected so he's suspended for this match against us. I only saw the extended highlights rather than the whole Peterborough game so don't have too much to go on in terms of suggesting the team. Of course I think it's an absolute must that Sibley plays to feed and link with Stretton, but sadly Rooney won't see things that way. I reckon we will have Jagielka through the door tomorrow who might sign in time to play.

7 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Roos

Stearman         Lawrence           Davies

Byrne   Bird.                     Shinnie.  Foz

Morrison

Festy

Stretton

Why haven’t you done it right with bird right back shinnie left back the full backs tucked in and not a clue what they are doing? 

18 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Hull appealed against George Moncur's sending off but that was rejected so he's suspended for this match against us. I only saw the extended highlights rather than the whole Peterborough game so don't have too much to go on in terms of suggesting the team. Of course I think it's an absolute must that Sibley plays to feed and link with Stretton, but sadly Rooney won't see things that way. I reckon we will have Jagielka through the door tomorrow who might sign in time to play.

We looked far better from an attacking perspective when Sibley came on, but i don't think he'll start either. He was more of a direct threat, but we'll have to wait until 60 mins to see him again

2 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

I’m not sure if it’s at all practical or if it’s even realistic to do because so many young players in a side can be catostrophic…..but if we just forgot the ages and played square pegs in square holes based on performances so far (inc pre season) I’d pick :-

Roos

Festy.  Stearman.   Davis.    Forsyth. 

Morrison.            Bird.  

Sibley.         Lawrence.     Hutchinson. 

Stretton.  

subs : Allsop, Watson, Byrne, Shinnie, Williams, Brown, Jozwiak.

That’s harsh on Watson but I see him as a CM and I think Bird and Morrison have individually looked good in those roles. Also harsh on Shinnie but like I say this isn’t necessarily the most practical team just the one where individually I feel they’ve played best in those roles.

Assuming Buchanan not fit yet. 

Good line up, think we only differ on Watson. Do you see Hutchinson's future at LW? Whenever I've seen him in u23s he's been a sitting midfielder, not unlike Bird with his composure on the ball (obviously some time at LW pre-season)

Edited by LeedsCityRam

Roos 

Byrne    Steerman   Davis    Forsyth 

Shinnie 

Morrison     Sibley 

festy                                          Lawrence 

Stretton 

1 minute ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Can he play centre forward?

If he goes up for a corner I don’t think he’d be getting back anytime soon, might as well leave him up, so yeah he can ?