Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Who’s that? 

BTW fair play. Another good result 

See you smashed and grabbed a win too. 

If we don’t sell anyone before next week, it could be a good game for a change, with both teams playing reasonably decent, instead of the typical testosterone stuff of a local “Derby”.

5 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I meant your poor fanbase.. Not sure there's any players we'd want

?

We'll match better with notts county shirts. We can at least cut up our old shirts and sew them back together as stripes that way

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

Wigan after they received pittance for Byrne 

Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Well, YOU don't know what they received, because DCFC didn't boast about it, so you're just making a huge assumption.

Do you really think that, with Celtic interested, Derby would have got him for £30,000?

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Well, YOU don't know what they received, because DCFC didn't boast about it, so you're just making a huge assumption.

Do you really think that, with Celtic interested, Derby would have got him for £30,000?

Don't rise to the bait. Gumps are loving it and will dance on our grave if we go under.

They are the least important thing to mither about atm. 

Am I missing something here guys, why aren't the admins accepting bids for some of your players, that presumably would be enough to get you over the line for the season?

Lets say if reports are to be believed, Knight is worth 8m and Lawrence 8m. Sell those pair for a cut rate 10, you're good to see the season out.

I know that would effectively doom your chances of staying up, but presumably that would be preferable to the EFL kicking you out?

Edited by Red_Dawn

17 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Am I missing something here guys, why aren't the admins accepting bids for some of your players, that presumably would be enough to get you over the line for the season?

Lets say if reports are to be believed, Knight is worth 8m and Lawrence 8m. Sell those pair for a cut rate 10, you're good to see the season out.

I know that would effectively doom your chances of staying up, but presumably that would be preferable to the EFL kicking you out?

You don't necessarily get what a player is 'worth' in a buyer's market, Dawny.

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

You don't necessarily get what a player is 'worth' in a buyer's market, Dawny.

I know and given your unfortunate situation I don't think you wouldn't get 8-10m. But banter aside there is talent that could be sold to make up the 7m (was it?) that the EFL demand to see.

I just don't see what your admins are doing bar dithering and delaying the inevitable? Even Ed Dawes was alluding to the same the other day.

12 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I know and given your unfortunate situation I don't think you wouldn't get 8-10m. But banter aside there is talent that could be sold to make up the 7m (was it?) that the EFL demand to see.

I just don't see what your admins are doing bar dithering and delaying the inevitable? Even Ed Dawes was alluding to the same the other day.

I don't know that they are 'dithering' as such. Shinnie has gone for the price of a postage stamp, purely to save £300-400K in wages. Selling young players on low wages for peanuts (like Sibley to Millwall for a reputed 'low 5 figure sum with no add-ons') wouldn't help with the funding gap and could be construed as the Admins selling an asset well below value to the detriment of creditors. I think Championship clubs who actually complained about this are beneath contempt, because there are greater considerations than their desire for revenge. If someone came in with an offer of around £1M for Lawrence, I've no doubt they'd take it, because the saving on his wages alone would be circa £750K - but that ignores the possibility that Lawrence might turn down a move : players aren't slaves anymore.

30 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

We might make that amount, but we are easy pickings. With the number  of players out of contract in the summer  their value is significantly less. Do other teams in this league really have the funds to be generous?

We already only have 11 players over the age of 21. A few sales and injuries and what can we field?

All that then does is make a mockery of the competition. Will Stoke be impressed that we did the double over them but their play off rivals might get much easier games. Would that claim be any less valid than those of Middlesbrough and Wycombe?

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Not sure about 'dithering'. They had gone to the EFL on Friday to announce the preferred bidder, and the EFL said "No, sort out our... er, I mean Middlesbrough's and Wycombe's ... yes, that's right, spurious and illegal blackmail first or they... I mean we, are chucking you out of the league".

Edited by Eddie

22 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Not sure about 'dithering'. They had gone to the EFL on Friday to announce the preferred bidder, and the EFL said "No, sort out our... er, I mean Middlesbrough's and Wycombe's ... yes, that's right, spurious and illegal blackmail first or they... I mean we, are chucking you out of the league".

you missed off the last line

"did i say that right Mr Gibson sir.....please sir, might you consider taking your foot off my throat now? God bless you sire"

?