Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

4 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Unlucky chaps. I thought we were the better side and deserving of the win, but another day you might nick a draw there. 

I thought you were dead and buried before Xmas but 50/50 over whether you'll beat the drop or not.

Much more deserving than Reading, Barnley or PBoro. Long while to go yet. 

No no no, that’s far too sensible. You need to be a lot less respectful than that, I can’t cope otherwise! 

4 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Unlucky chaps. I thought we were the better side and deserving of the win, but another day you might nick a draw there. 

I thought you were dead and buried before Xmas but 50/50 over whether you'll beat the drop or not.

I'd hazard a guess that the result would have been slightly different if Grabban had got the red card he deserved, but that apart, you had the cutting edge that we lacked. 

Grumble grumble grumble....In the name of decency though, can someone request a bread trim or shave to Grabban. Most annoying facial hair in football. I say this as  a beard owner.  Growing one is fine. Having one like his is clearly bad taste.

On the plus side, Ravel won't be in the team for a bit. Think it was a bit "looked worse than it actually was" but i don't think it affected the outcome.

In the end can't really argue against 2-1, we didn't do enough.

9 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Grumble grumble grumble....In the name of decency though, can someone request a bread trim or shave to Grabban. Most annoying facial hair in football. I say this as  a beard owner.  Growing one is fine. Having one like his is clearly bad taste.

On the plus side, Ravel won't be in the team for a bit. Think it was a bit "looked worse than it actually was" but i don't think it affected the outcome.

In the end can't really argue against 2-1, we didn't do enough.

He’s a Muslim. It’s part of his religion..

Bruce Lee Racism GIF

19 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I know that liquidation is the last thing any of us want but if I supported Forest (uhhhh) I’d be  looking which clubs would lose the most points if it happened. You would lose 4 points. Maybe there would be a case for you to take out against Wycombe and Middle Borough if the worst came to the worst that’s if you missed out on the play offs by 4 points or less. Blackburn and QPR would lose 3 point each and Stoke wouldn’t lose any. Middle Borough would drop 1 point. 

Am I alone in thinking that since seeing the results go our way after our defeat it doesn’t bother me that we lost?

We have bigger fish to fry.

If it meant Forest doing the double or Derby staying up, I know what I’d go for.

They didn’t do the double though, so hopefully the other end of the deal is still on.

21 hours ago, Boycie said:

Am I alone in thinking that since seeing the results go our way after our defeat it doesn’t bother me that we lost?

We have bigger fish to fry.

If it meant Forest doing the double or Derby staying up, I know what I’d go for.

They didn’t do the double though, so hopefully the other end of the deal is still on.

I think that's fair. You need to pick up points against the other relegation fodder, not the promotion chasing heavyweights of the division.. ?

41 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I think that's fair. You need to pick up points against the other relegation fodder, not the promotion chasing heavyweights of the division.. ?

Points gained wba 4 points Bournmouth 3 points fulham 1 point Stoke 6 points - when we disappear they all gain - we are hardly likely to be gaining many more against them due to having lost 5 players so far this window with 2 starters gone and 3 squad players squad players gone whilst having no centre forwards available for two years now in fact we have done extremely well. 

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Thoughts on Mike Ashley rams? I have to say I think he'll be brilliant for you. Despite all the nonsense written about him in the media and by Newcastle supporters, he's a proven businessman and will stabilize you if nothing else. 

Any port in a storm.

The main beef from Newcastle fans was lack of ambition but he didn't really do anything horrific like Morris or Fawaz.

Obviously, we'd be a sports direct billboard first, football club second.

The others are Appleby who was part of the dull but sensible GSE ownership of the Nigel Clough years.

The binnie brothers bid is US Investment firm, so, no one knows how that would work out, could be SISU MK2 or could be good

4 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Thoughts on Mike Ashley rams? I have to say I think he'll be brilliant for you. Despite all the nonsense written about him in the media and by Newcastle supporters, he's a proven businessman and will stabilize you if nothing else. 

Newcastle fans have delusions of grandeur. Our expectations are set a lot lower at the moment and we will take any owner who stops us being liquidated. Absolutely nothing wrong with Mike Ashley - if he left us where he left Newcastle we'd probably be building a statue of him and not cursing his name like the Geordies were.

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

Newcastle fans have delusions of grandeur. Our expectations are set a lot lower at the moment and we will take any owner who stops us being liquidated. Absolutely nothing wrong with Mike Ashley - if he left us where he left Newcastle we'd probably be building a statue of him and not cursing his name like the Geordies were.

This. Geordies expected a top 6 finish and spending to match it @Red_Dawn he would be brilliant for us, because he’d see it as a business venture, so to be successful it would mean more than stability, most likely chasing premiership at some point to realise his investment return.

Should he achieve that, truly believe he’d then surely look to sell at a profit, which nobody would begrudge him from where we are now..

6 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I posted this previously, but it's getting a bit squeaky bum now so I'm not so sure. 

5pimod.jpg