Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

31 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I see the 12th transfer between the little doggies and the fat Greek has taken place yet again for zero transfer fee ! 

long way to catch up on the 50 between Watford and udinese 

And we’re getting all this poo for bending the accountancy rules?!

this league is like cycling in the Armstrong era. The parachute clubs have all their money, so to keep up, the other clubs competing near the top end of the championship start to bend rules to create as much spending power as possible. If you’re constantly there or there shouts and just need that extra push to help you compete, you’re going to take the risk. If everyone’s doing it, then you’ve got to just to keep up. 

you could argue that this all leads back to the match against qpr. We nearly got there fair and square, but got beat by an ffp cheat. If you can’t beat them, join them.

just like cycling, you know it’s wrong, but it’s a poo or bust strategy. Get promoted before you get caught and it doesn’t matter, but if you get caught, you’re ducked. Watford, Forest and Wolves have been clever, they’re probably not breaking any rules, but it’s dodgy as duck, and only not illegal because the efl are crap and haven’t made a rule that accounts for it yet. 

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

A general message for Forest fans currently slagging off Derby/Derbyshire and its people : if you don't like it/us, feel free to work and/or live in Nottingham instead. I've heard it's not too bad and only a half hour drive away. 

Forest fans, indeed any football fans, are free to live wherever the F they like. 

Whether they like Derby County or not. X

Edited by Red_Dawn

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

Forest fans, indeed any football fans, are free to live wherever the F they like. 

This is true.

We should not be considering an apartheid regime for notts forest fans.

Let them be free!

They're afflicted enough and condemning them to lives in Nottingham is deeply inhumane.

4 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Big game this weekend lads. I'll admit it doesn't see that way given the other ongoing shenanigan's.

Despite our form under Cooper, something tells me you'll win comfortably. Seems written in the stars. 

Could go either way. But probably end up all square

36 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Definitely a draw. Fitting given that it could be the last east mids Derby ?

No way. I could take liquidation as long as we take the Brian clough trophy with us. We have to win this one. Then the trophy retires in our cabinet. 

17 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Of course they can. A good friend of mine forest though   and through moved from Hucknall to Matlock. Must have a been a tough choice ?

Anyone read the first post on LTFT's Derby matchday thread? Poster sounds like the kid who would collect Pokemon cards and think his collection is better than anyone elses'.

He's also a little deluded on his history, but hilariously he's stated that "Derby hold the world record for the lowest ever Premiership points tally". The current tally for Premiership points put Derby County at 274 points and forest's at 239 points. 

7 minutes ago, sawley_ram said:

Anyone read the first post on LTFT's Derby matchday thread? Poster sounds like the kid who would collect Pokemon cards and think his collection is better than anyone elses'.

He's also a little deluded on his history, but hilariously he's stated that "Derby hold the world record for the lowest ever Premiership points tally". The current tally for Premiership points put Derby County at 274 points and forest's at 239 points. 

Also, I’m not sure if it counts as a ‘world record’ if it’s the English Premier League.

man’s don’t they hold the ‘world record’ for most last place finishes or something in the top division (I can’t say premier league, cos I’m not sure if they’ve ever been in the premier league have they, certainly not this century).

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Also, I’m not sure if it counts as a ‘world record’ if it’s the English Premier League.

man’s don’t they hold the ‘world record’ for most last place finishes or something in the top division (I can’t say premier league, cos I’m not sure if they’ve ever been in the premier league have they, certainly not this century).

Well I've had some say they were world champions in 1979 and 1980, but there were no world cups then ?

If we count the top flight from 1888 to present day, Derby have had 65 seasons up there vs their 56. We've also scored more goals and had more titles while up there. 

6 minutes ago, sawley_ram said:

Well I've had some say they were world champions in 1979 and 1980, but there were no world cups then ?

If we count the top flight from 1888 to present day, Derby have had 65 seasons up there vs their 56. We've also scored more goals and had more titles while up there. 

To be fair though, we were in the league for several seasons while they didn’t exist.