Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

42 minutes ago, JMC said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17448932/nottingham-forest-joao-carvalho-olympiacos-championship-2/

Forest are conveniently 'selling'  carvalho to olympiacos according to the Sun.. Undisclosed amount ?

You can work out the amount though. Work out how much they’re short to comply with FFP, and that’ll be your answer. 

4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

You can work out the amount though. Work out how much they’re short to comply with FFP, and that’ll be your answer. 

.....and guess what the EFL do about it. Sod all!!

At the very least ban the transferring of players between clubs with the same owner.

Edited by Wolfie20

3 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

.....and guess what the EFL do about it. Sod all!!

At the very least ban the transferring of players between clubs with the same owner.

I’m not sure banning it is right, cos there might still be a legit reason why you’d want to do it, you should be able to buy a player from any other club really. But if the clubs are owned by the same owner, the deal should be overseen by some sort of independent body or the EFL. Similar to owners sponsoring their own teams. There are rules around that so their not just paying billions for a sponsorship deal worth thousands to anyone else. The player just needs to be independently valued. 

At least when Mel bought the stadium, it was independently and fairly valued (as it was subsequently proven by a tribunal), and he didn’t just decide ‘how much does the club need, that’s how much I’m going to value the stadium at’. But that’s a loophole they subsequently closed.

they also need to close the loophole on being able to sell your clubs debt to one of your other companies (ahem, looking at you gibbo). 

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

You just know the gumps are gonna get done for the illegal sales between the owners clubs. Maybe they think they'll get promotion before the useless EFL do summatt about it but its a far dodgier thing than anything we've done.

I'm sure we'll show them the same compassion they've shown us.

I could just about change my avatar to "Save Notts Forest".

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

You just know the gumps are gonna get done for the illegal sales between the owners clubs. Maybe they think they'll get promotion before the useless EFL do summatt about it but its a far dodgier thing than anything we've done.

I'm sure we'll show them the same compassion they've shown us.

I wouldn't count on it, given there's nothing illegal about what we've done. 

People in glass houses, I'd save the stone throwing. 

10 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I wouldn't count on it, given there's nothing illegal about what we've done. 

People in glass houses, I'd save the stone throwing. 

That’s the exact phrase used on this forum - we have done nothing illegal - and it’s true ! Yet five years later you get charged for an interpretation of a rule with no right of appeal especially when the fat controller at the EFL is changed.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

That’s the exact phrase used on this forum - we have done nothing illegal - and it’s true ! Yet five years later you get charged for an interpretation of a rule with no right of appeal especially when the fat controller at the EFL is changed.

Not interested in kicking you while your down, but I think the idea of comparing us to what Mel Morris did for several years, is pretty farcical. 

2 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Is the penny starting to drop re Quantuma? I cant see anything that they've done that brightens your immediate future. 

There's plenty of blame to go round, very few heroes and lots of baddies.

Personally I think the main issue is the size of the debts, which is Mel Morris, however the Mel-efl-gibson egomania factors are a big contribution to the lack of progress. Quantuma are more just generally inadequate than malignant.

11 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Is the penny starting to drop re Quantuma? I cant see anything that they've done that brightens your immediate future. 

Other than have 3 bidders lined up and a PB blocked by the EFL? Not sold too many players (yet, there's still time for EFL pressure though).

Have a plan to deal with Boro & Wycombe, again blocked by the EFL.

They maybe be Mel's choice but they still have to work within the law and their professional standing. What do you know about them btw?

Edited by RoyMac5