What’s the vibe

jimtastic56

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

I know we can’t go into specifics. But does anyone feel a little more optimistic now?

Are you referring to the aftermath of the Meeting with MM?

If so, I’d say all optimism has drained and realism has replaced it.

I don’t believe there’s any good news.

We need to get behind the players and WR because they’re going to need our support more than ever. 

#carcrashincoming

I will support the team regardless of anything 

the club situation will sort itself out but we have no control over that and can’t speed it up 

the youngsters will need some serious support this season and hopefully we can actually bring in Davies and Jagelka to help with that whilst Forsyth and Shinnie have some serious grand parenting to do on the pitch. 

17 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

A part of me thinks that Mel Morris wants to drive Rooney out of the club. 

Mmm…At least if WR walked nobody would blame him or be surprised. 
Just think though if we beat HTFC 3-0 on Sat with another energetic performance things might just click.

#blindoptimism

32 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Are you referring to the aftermath of the Meeting with MM?

If so, I’d say all optimism has drained and realism has replaced it.

I don’t believe there’s any good news.

We need to get behind the players and WR because they’re going to need our support more than ever. 

#carcrashincoming

I feel as though I have a better understanding of the situation but I feel sad. Hearing Jim Wheeler speaking this morning  on Radio Derby brought home the 'human' side of the problem and I felt sorry for Mel, Wayne and the players. 

10 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I feel as though I have a better understanding of the situation but I feel sad. Hearing Jim Wheeler speaking this morning  on Radio Derby brought home the 'human' side of the problem and I felt sorry for Mel, Wayne and the players. 

What was the gist @Miggins?

In the pre season I saw enough to give me hope. I am worried about the lack of cover and scoring options but I am looking forward to Saturday far more than I looked forward to a game when we were lost in the Pearson system. Things can only get better as long as we avoid a points deduction 

7 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

We got to hear about loads of stuff, but can’t really tell you about it. And it’s no ones fault but we can’t tell you why it’s no ones fault, but we can blame the pandemic for a bit of it. But Mels happy to get it of his chest even though we can’t tell you what he got of his chest. Oh and don’t think about protesting or displaying any form of anger as it puts buyers off and Mel doesn’t want that as he wants out, we’re aloud to tell you that much. 

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Mel has been wanting to sell for the club for the last 2 years Right now there are more than 2 buyers with good credentials at the table. Mel said he had been looking forward to the meeting and for some reason hasn't been able to put his side of the story but has had to endure the abuse. He said it was a relief to be able share with the people present. He asked everyone to get behind the club as protests etc at this time might be off putting for potential buyers if they saw the fans turn against the owner. NDA was one of the first questions but by the end of the meeting Jim understood the reasons for it.  Wayne was not discussed as the manager was not within the remit of the meeting. Hope this helps. Jim talked for about 10 minutes and gave a very thoughtful view of what had been said which I know @David will do later.

Fade to Black (and white) - with appologies to Metallica

Prem, it seems, will fade away
Drifting further, every day
Getting lost with EFL
Nothing matters, no one else
I have lost the will to live
Simply nothing more to give
There is nothing more for me
Need  Alonso to set me free

Things not what they used to be
Missing one Butterfield
Deathly loss, this can't be real