Best penalty taker you've ever seen (for the rams that is)

winktheram

5 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Harry Wilson definitely took some extremely high pressure penalties.

vs QPR in the 94th minute to move us into the play-offs.

vs West Brom in the final game to confirm our play-off status.

vs Leeds to get us ahead on aggregate.

Plus 2 in shootout's vs Man Utd and Southampton.

That's why he's worth £50m

6 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Harry Wilson definitely took some extremely high pressure penalties.

vs QPR in the 94th minute to move us into the play-offs.

vs West Brom in the final game to confirm our play-off status.

vs Leeds to get us ahead on aggregate.

Plus 2 in shootout's vs Man Utd and Southampton.

That season his ball striking was phenomenal, perhaps the best I've ever seen. Those penalties were superb, as were the freekicks and some goals from open play. I still don't understand why we didn't get him to shoot on sight and pepper the Villa goal in the playoff final. I don't think he had a single shot in that game. What a waste!

13 hours ago, Beetroot said:

Makes me think of that mad penalty shoot out at ManU in Lampard's season. Are all those players gone now??? Who's left from that team? How long ago was it?  Feels like a decade ago!

Fozzy was definitely in that team. I distinctly remember half the away end groaning and sitting down when he walked up to take the next penalty. Everyone thought it was over.

We've lacked someone for a while with the best possible penalty technique. Run up and absolutely twit it down the middle.

None of this stuttering run up, no picking a side and just side-footing it to one side of the goal. Get it on target and try to break the net, guaranteed winner.

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

That season his ball striking was phenomenal, perhaps the best I've ever seen. Those penalties were superb, as were the freekicks and some goals from open play. I still don't understand why we didn't get him to shoot on sight and pepper the Villa goal in the playoff final. I don't think he had a single shot in that game. What a waste!

I always thought he was average save for having, genuinely, one of the best strikes in all of football. 

21 hours ago, winktheram said:

Some chat in the Tom Lawrence thread about pennos and Tom's 'panenka', started me thinking about penno takers. 

Gerry Daly was pretty consistent and Deano hit em very well. Can't really remember Hinton's tbh. Read a stat from some German analyst about high and wide were the most likely to be scored. Deano's fit that Bill.

But for me, Alan Biley. Straight down the middle about 6 inches under the bar. Loved his pennos. Best for me, just loved the way he 'wacked em'. 

And an honourable mention to Nathan Ellington as my second fav, the first time I'd seen anyone wait for the keeper and then pea roll it into the other corner. Stoke away in the QF of the league Cup was awesome- never looked nervous and I never thought he was going to miss- utter confidence. 

Alan  Hinton with his white boots

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Gerry Daly against Man City, he was real p****d with Corrigan and the antics of repainting the spot; that must be one of the longest waits ever and farcical really. 

Still stuck it away easily tho.

Fantastic wasn't it? I was up in the Normanton watching it all unfold. Always expected him to score his pens.

22 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

22 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Yes agreed, also he was the all time penalty taker for the rams with 21 penalties,next was dean saunders with 10 then Gerry Daly with 9 .

But it was his miss vs Juve which probably cost Derby a place in a European cup final!!!

13 hours ago, cannable said:

I always thought he was average save for having, genuinely, one of the best strikes in all of football. 

He's got a really good touch as well, even apart from his ball striking he is above most Championship players. Only thing going against him is he's weak and not fast enough to run past a defence over a long distance.