Premier League 21/22

Day

11 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Brighton have a respectable model, but this is now their fifth season in the Premier League and their highest finish thus far is 15th.

So talk of them having overtaken teams and even finishing in the top half seems a bit fanciful to me.

I do agree that there is a lot to admire about the way they operate, but until they translate promise into points on the board and kick on, why would we harbour feelings of jealousy?

Let’s be honest, Derby fans wouldn’t be satisfied with flitting between 15th and 17th for four years.

We would be looking to emulate the likes of Leeds, Wolves and Villa.

I can think of a few who wouldn't be satisfied Jourdan.

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

You do realise that Wolves “flitted” to exactly 13th last season don’t you…and if you want to be really picky, Leeds and Wolves are both currently “flitting” about in 15th and 16th place.! Ha ha 

You do realise 13th, indeed a poor season by the standards Wolves had set previously, is still a higher finish than anything Brighton have achieved in the past four years.

I was obviously referring to the two 7th place finishes Wolves achieved and how they reached the Europa League quarter finals.

This is what would inspire us and these are the kind of lofty aims that would get Derby fans excited and what we would be dreaming of. Not 15th and hard luck stories.

You also do realise Leeds and Wolves are 15th and 16th after just two games. If they were there after 38 games, I’d get your point. But it’s like saying West Ham are title contenders now after two games.

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

You do realise 13th, indeed a poor season by the standards Wolves had set previously, is still a higher finish than anything Brighton have achieved in the past four years.

I was obviously referring to the two 7th place finishes Wolves achieved and how they reached the Europa League quarter finals.

This is what would inspire us and these are the kind of lofty aims that would get Derby fans excited and what we would be dreaming of. Not 15th and hard luck stories.

You also do realise Leeds and Wolves are 15th and 16th after just two games. If they were there after 38 games, I’d get your point. But it’s like saying West Ham are title contenders now after two games.

Just as a correction, I was talking about the current Brighton team and aspiring to be like them. Not the Brighton under Hughton who were defensive, direct and heavily reliant on Glenn Murray.

Potter’s Brighton are really entertaining. And in players like Bissouma, MacAllister, Lamptey, Moder, Mwepu, Sanchez and Maupay they have a decent core of younger players to mix with the experienced ones like Dunk, Gross, Trossard, Lallana and Webster.

I look at Brighton and see an identity, entertaining football and decent recruitment. I see a team on the rise.

I wouldn’t be too fond on Derby following Hughton’s Brighton. Defensive, struggling for goals and outplayed most weeks. 

13 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Just as a correction, I was talking about the current Brighton team and aspiring to be like them. Not the Brighton under Hughton who were defensive, direct and heavily reliant on Glenn Murray.

Potter’s Brighton are really entertaining. And in players like Bissouma, MacAllister, Lamptey, Moder, Mwepu, Sanchez and Maupay they have a decent core of younger players to mix with the experienced ones like Dunk, Gross, Trossard, Lallana and Webster.

I look at Brighton and see an identity, entertaining football and decent recruitment. I see a team on the rise.

I wouldn’t be too fond on Derby following Hughton’s Brighton. Defensive, struggling for goals and outplayed most weeks. 

Drew a lot (joint hightest) and difficult to score against (Chelsea actually conceded same amount). Should be top half finish. Their supporters are good...always take a lot away. I know a few and they are a good bunch.

Edited by TimRam

I went to the WHU v Leicester match on Monday. Very disappointed with Leicester, poor in all areas and not helped by a sending off. But got to say, the Irons were fantastic. Looked like champions. Not too sure about their squad depth when they get injuries, suspensions etc but a real pleasure to watch at the moment. And top of the PL. But still don’t like their anthem. “I’m forever blowing bubbles” is not really a rousing song to get the blood surging.

Good Evening guys, I'm brand new Football ground blogger who plans to visit grounds up and down country reviewing and providing tips on every ground I visit. I am happy to say I'll be attending Pride Park this Saturday for the exciting East Midlands Derby affair which I'm looking forward to. It would be fantastic if you could follow me on channel and perhaps suggest any new grounds I should visit either in EFL or non league.

Here's one of my first video's to a fave ground of mine at Villa Park, forgive me if the video isn't top quality I have just new to this and trying to find the top software for creating videos. Be interesting to hear your thoughts on what most you think of Villa Park in all.

Edited by AndrewsTripNNip

23 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Did we ever have stats like this, even THAT season?

Screenshot_20210828-181844.png

I use an app on my phone to keep track of the scores - it also gives marks for each player based on positive and negative contributions to the game. The Arsenal right-back today scored 3 out of 10 - I’ve never seen a professional players get such a low score. They really are a mess at the moment…..

12 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I use an app on my phone to keep track of the scores - it also gives marks for each player based on positive and negative contributions to the game. The Arsenal right-back today scored 3 out of 10 - I’ve never seen a professional players get such a low score. They really are a mess at the moment…..

Took a quick squint at a gooners forum and my oh my they are not a happy bunch. 

The odd gem of gallows humour, an example of which, prior to the man City match is..... 

"even the mad ******* in me knows we are taking a harder pounding than Katie Price's battered old burst hedgehog on a night out in Benidorm" 

Lyrical..... ?

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Took a quick squint at a gooners forum and my oh my they are not a happy bunch. 

The odd gem of gallows humour, an example of which, prior to the man City match is..... 

"even the mad ******* in me knows we are taking a harder pounding than Katie Price's battered old burst hedgehog on a night out in Benidorm" 

Lyrical..... ?

Saw a great rant by an Arsenal fan doing the rounds on social media. Then realised it was made after the Chelsea game, so I dread to think how he feels after a 5-0 drubbing. 

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Saw a great rant by an Arsenal fan doing the rounds on social media. Then realised it was made after the Chelsea game, so I dread to think how he feels after a 5-0 drubbing. 

They're also bemoaning lack of refereeing consistency following Reece James dismissal against the scousers. Apparently he got away with a very similar offence against the gooners last week. 

So cue conspiracy theories.... 

Mind you, most of the vitriol in truth is aimed at Kroenke. 

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

They're also bemoaning lack of refereeing consistency following Reece James dismissal against the scousers. Apparently he got away with a very similar offence against the gooners last week. 

So cue conspiracy theories.... 

Mind you, most of the vitriol in truth is aimed at Kroenke. 

I just still find it quite hilarious that some of them are so entitled, and have only ever seen success under wenger, that they feel they just get it now by default. That this is a blip, the exception, not the norm, and they’ll be back in the big time soon. Fact is they’ve been replaced by Leicester, West Ham and even Tottenham. They really are shopping in a different store now. 

weirdly, them winning the FA cup might seem in the grand scheme of things, like a continuation of their fa cup success, but in reality, they’re so crap, it was an upset almost on the scale of Wigan or Portsmouth winning. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

I just still find it quite hilarious that some of them are so entitled, and have only ever seen success under wenger, that they feel they just get it now by default. That this is a blip, the exception, not the norm, and they’ll be back in the big time soon. Fact is they’ve been replaced by Leicester, West Ham and even Tottenham. They really are shopping in a different store now. 

weirdly, them winning the FA cup might seem in the grand scheme of things, like a continuation of their fa cup success, but in reality, they’re so crap, it was an upset almost on the scale of Wigan or Portsmouth winning. 

It won't happen, but I'd love them to get relegated purely to see the reactions on ArsenalFanTv. Call it Schadenfreude if you will, but I do enjoy watching one of the so called big clubs ballsing it up so often. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

What if you get a test done before the game with negative results but you aren’t vaccinated? Would they be allowed to enter?

Would imagine so, you also get a passport if you have recently had and recovered from Covid.

It's just an added annoyance of having to be tested constantly, if you get tested for a Saturday game, probably need another to go to a midweek league/European game