Premier League 21/22

Day

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool all record 3+ goal victories on the opening day.

Welcome back to the self-proclaimed most competitive, intense and entertaining top-flight league in the world.

But God forbid if anyone suggests a super league because it would "ruin the integrity of the league", or some such claptrap.....?

Spurs were decent earlier against City. Without Kane, they actually seemed to have more fluidity in the final third.

City started last season slowly and it looks like going the same way this time around. The players missing from their starting XI today, the likes of Foden, Bernardo Silva, KDB, Stones, Laporte, Walker, Zinchenko, Rodri and Gabriel Jesus suggests they have the majority of their best XI still working up to speed on fitness.

Wish I had tuned in to watch Newcastle vs West Ham. Sounded like a cracking game that.

On 14/08/2021 at 20:07, Bris Vegas said:

Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool all record 3+ goal victories on the opening day.

Welcome back to the self-proclaimed most competitive, intense and entertaining top-flight league in the world.

It's the first game of the season. Hint: there's more games to come.

23 hours ago, maxjam said:

Its good to see some of our younger players going abroad these days, hopefully they will get a run of games rather than being stuck in the reserves for extended periods over here and fulfill their potential for England ? 

There was a fact I heard that last weekend 75% of all games in the top 2 divisions in England had at least 1 player who had been at Chelsea’s academy. They stock pile players all over the place which is leading to this. Great move for Abraham, get some games and experience a different culture. 

Just now, Pearl Ram said:

Not looking good for Arteta, Arsenal two down at half time. Wonder if they’ll give him time for his new signings to gel or he’s a contender for the first casualty of the season ? ?

It’s unfathomable just how inept they look considering how much they spend on players and wages. They’ve got three players! (Saka, Smith-Rowe and Tierney). The rest are poor! 

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

It’s unfathomable just how inept they look considering how much they spend on players and wages. They’ve got three players! (Saka, Smith-Rowe and Tierney). The rest are poor! 

I’m not watching it, having read on this forum what some people are paying for Sky football, I’m waiting for Sky to call me asking why I haven’t subscribed this season (first time in 20 years) so I can’t comment how they are playing today. That said, always thought you were a decent judge of such things so if you say they look inept, I’lol take your word for it. 

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’m not watching it, having read on this forum what some people are paying for Sky football, I’m waiting for Sky to call me asking why I haven’t subscribed this season (first time in 20 years) so I can’t comment how they are playing today.

If that's true check that you have your Sky marketing preferences to 'yes' (or whatever) else they can't contact you.

5 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’m not watching it, having read on this forum what some people are paying for Sky football, I’m waiting for Sky to call me asking why I haven’t subscribed this season (first time in 20 years) so I can’t comment how they are playing today. That said, always thought you were a decent judge of such things so if you say they look inept, I’lol take your word for it. 

They won’t do that if you’re still subscribed to SkyTV. To get the real deals, you have to cancel the whole TV package. 

Just now, Pearl Ram said:

Thanks Roy, I didn’t even know about marketing preferences and it is true.

If you get bored waiting, go on chat as see what they offer. I'm on the 'cancellation cut-off countdown' subs end 12th Sept. They called me about a week after putting it in and offered me my current package for £40 - it was £35. But weren't budging on the BB & phone. We'll see... #fingerscrossedneedsportstv

4 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

The Mrs would do her nut if I cancelled the tripe she watches. 

? You don't have to tell her. You say you want to cancel. You have to give them 31 days notice. Within that time there is plenty of time to contact you or you them. They won't give you the best deal if they know you won't leave. I've only left once, for a couple of weeks, in about 17 years subs. If you change your mind you ring them within the 31 days and no-one is any the wiser! ? If you do actually quit it only takes a few minutes to be set back up. 

Edited by RoyMac5