Premier League 21/22

Day

I’d like to think with United spending the cash, Chelsea’s resurgence under Tuchel and the return of VVD at Liverpool this year could finally be the one where multiple teams are in a title race.

OGS must be under pressure at United. I read that since he has come in, United have spent £100m more than any other team in transfer fees.

Going another season without a trophy and finishing lower than the other three would surely see him removed from the role.

11 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’d like to think with United spending the cash, Chelsea’s resurgence under Tuchel and the return of VVD at Liverpool this year could finally be the one where multiple teams are in a title race.

OGS must be under pressure at United. I read that since he has come in, United have spent £100m more than any other team in transfer fees.

Going another season without a trophy and finishing lower than the other three would surely see him removed from the role.

Only just signed a new contract. Have made the 4 most expensive transfers in PL history and they're still nowhere near. Definition of a PE Teacher.

Looks like another Mahrez type signing, double his wages and not have to play every week, so plenty of time on his hands to build a new trophy cabinet for the medals he’ll pick up.

On 30/07/2021 at 14:44, Srg said:

Only just signed a new contract. Have made the 4 most expensive transfers in PL history and they're still nowhere near. Definition of a PE Teacher.

"We are pleased to announce the new maanger at Manchester united, wil be true united leged, Wayne Rooney."

"I'm going to bring some pride and dignity back to the club" said Rooney before launching himself two footed at Rashford "that'll teach you to miss penalties"

Unacceptable. Don't sign contracts you are not willing to honour. A club that has given you the platform to perform and paid you handsomely for. Not only is it morally wrong, but you tarnish your history with the club.

He have 2 years left, let Spurs lose him for nothing if that's what they want, yes he will be 30 but there will be plenty of takers to give him that big final payday. 

This is why I will never agree that footballers are not role models.

19 minutes ago, David said:

Unacceptable. Don't sign contracts you are not willing to honour. A club that has given you the platform to perform and paid you handsomely for. Not only is it morally wrong, but you tarnish your history with the club.

He have 2 years left, let Spurs lose him for nothing if that's what they want, yes he will be 30 but there will be plenty of takers to give him that big final payday. 

If he's missing it to force a transfer through (some journos are saying it's related to Covid testing), then that's really bad and I'm genuinely disappointed. Thought he was a bit classier than that.

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If he's missing it to force a transfer through (some journos are saying it's related to Covid testing), then that's really bad and I'm genuinely disappointed. Thought he was a bit classier than that.

Wouldn’t Spurs have put something out there if it was for Covid testing? No point in letting the fans get wound up directing abuse at him for something like that.

The silence suggests it’s just a no show.

Don’t think clubs should ever respond to rumours, however in this case you would think it would be helpful for all parties. 

Even Kane himself tweeting it’s for Covid testing.

I really like Harry Kane. Seems a very good bloke in his interviews. Hopefully it's blown out of proportion and it's due to a Covid issue. Not sure what he's gaining from not turning up to training though. It looks like Man City have turned to Grealish unless they're really opening the bank account this summer for a big investment in players. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Kane ends up going to Man U; I'd be surprised if City chuck £100m at Grealish then at least the same for Kane. 

Varane is really solid.  Sancho has the potential to carry on where he left off in Germany.  If they get Trippier he's better defensively and at providing assists than Wan-Bissaka IMO. 

Trippier / Sancho down the right.  Shaw / Rashford on the left, Fernandes down the middle, Kane up front. Chuck Fred / Pogba & Maguire in and Man U will be a force I think. 

On 31/07/2021 at 19:55, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I have no interest in premier league. In amongst my mates I seem to be unique in that regard though.

I would have been happy if the super league had happened and the likes of sh1ty fecked off.

Will be same old team who wins...one of Man U, Man C, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Spurs? They've only won the top division twice - last in 60/61
Arsenal haven't had a top 4 finish since Wenger was manager

Leicester have more chance of winning it than those two. It'll be man city, Chelsea or man United this season.

On 02/08/2021 at 07:56, David said:

I think it was said that Harry Kane has a gentleman’s agreement where if a bid comes in, Spurs will honour his wish to leave. But they then rejected the bid and demanded £40m more.

Probably a bit of politics going on. But I imagine fans will be more annoyed at Levy than Kane.

Spurs were in such a good position in 2018-19 but Levy’s refusal to habd Pochettino funds has seen them go massively backwards.