Premier League 21/22

David

On 02/08/2021 at 09:56, David said:

Unacceptable. Don't sign contracts you are not willing to honour. A club that has given you the platform to perform and paid you handsomely for. Not only is it morally wrong, but you tarnish your history with the club.

He have 2 years left, let Spurs lose him for nothing if that's what they want, yes he will be 30 but there will be plenty of takers to give him that big final payday. 

This is why I will never agree that footballers are not role models.

Everyone who has a job has signed a contract that they will break at some point. 
I have actually just done It a couple of weeks ago, I got a new job at a different company, It is just what Kane is trying to do, contracts mean nothing at all. 
and as for footballers being told models…..if your kids are looking up to them as role models then you have totally failed as a parent and should go and jump into the deepest well of shame. 

I think this is classic Daniel Levy. More than likely told the player he can go in the summer for a set price. A club has offered that amount but now Levy has changed the goalposts on the valuation. Can't see any other reason for why Kane has refused to go to training. He should still turn up for training, keep the supporters on side. What he's now done is annoy everyone involved. Regardless of any gentleman agreement, you have to try and stay professional.

Edited by SouthStandDan

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Good result for Brentford, they certainly don't look out of their depth on that performance. 

Gotta feel more than a little envious watching them, they have definitely progressed their club during the last decade in a way I wish we had progressed ? 

We the anti Brentford… look how far they’ve come compared fo everything we’ve messed up the last 6-7 years ?

Brentford will be fine this season. They showed their capabilities by beating four PL teams in the cup last season. They clearly have decent players and nobody will enjoy playing them away.

Smith-Rowe looked great for Arsenal. You can see why Villa wanted him as a Grealish replacement. Similar style.

Watford, Norwich and Palace are my tips to go down this season.

Just now, Ramslad1992 said:

We the anti Brentford… look how far they’ve come compared fo everything we’ve messed up the last 6-7 years ?

What's so impressive is their trajectory given where they started. 

I remember when Brentford were compared with Derby on here, and a few were saying they haven't done anything impressive as like ourselves, they were still a Championship club.

But the difference over the past seven years or so is incredible.

It's like being in a race to become a millionaire. Brentford started with £1,000 in the bank and finally reached the target. Derby, in contrast, started with £900,000 and now have a balance of just £500.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

I remember when Brentford were compared with Derby on here, and a few were saying they haven't done anything impressive as like ourselves, they were still a Championship club.

It's like being in a race to become a millionaire. Brentford started with £1,000 in the bank and finally reached the target. Derby, in contrast, started with £900,000 and now have a balance of just £500.

Absolutely depressing and demoralising isn’t it. They’ve just beat Arsenal 2-0 in the premier league and we’re sat hoping we don’t lose to Peterborough tomorrow. 

still… COYR ?

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

We are not that rich

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

Difference is they have an owner who is a fan, but more than that he has been very responsible for a long time and clearly knows how to run a football club. 

Nail on the head. Mel and Benham both love their respective clubs as much as each other. Only the latter had a long-term sustainable plan that didn’t equate to “let Clement spend whatever the hell he wants, we can’t fail!”