The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

7 minutes ago, GenBr said:

In another thread i said i'd prefer a forum with many varying views and opinions, but after reading this thread i think i've changed my mind.

I'm backing David to just go on a banning spree after some of the vitriol directed against him. Thought we were better than this.

There are, unfortunately, enough people out there who see places like this forum as their 'right' and don't give any thought to fact that it takes time, effort and money to run - I can pretty much guarantee none of them have ever offered to help run this place or offered to contribute financially to it - Yet they're happy to have a pop at the people who do

I think they're the same people who complain about Morris running the club into the ground and when asked what their solution would be state "well that's not for me to work out - They should work that out shouldn't they?"

Is the club in a mess at the moment? Yes

Do I think the work David puts in to keep this place running FOR US is worthy of respect and some basic politeness? Yes 

Is the mess at the club the fault of anyone on this board? No (well, probably not - We're all mostly anonymous) 

29 minutes ago, angieram said:

I got the opposite impression, Roy. It just goes to show what you hear is influenced by what you already think about a person.

Here's the RD interview for those who would like to listen for themselves. From 7.41.

Thanks for attaching the link for us half-fan Southerners Angie. Appreciated.

25 minutes ago, GenBr said:

In another thread i said i'd prefer a forum with many varying views and opinions, but after reading this thread i think i've changed my mind.

I'm backing David to just go on a banning spree after some of the vitriol directed against him. Thought we were better than this.

I can't recall seeing anything on here, in regards to a forum member's post, which could be considered vitriolic towards David. I think every forum member appreciates the difficult position he has been put in and appreciates his input into getting the answers we sought in the Charter Supporters Meeting Thread.  The fact that Mel is getting pelters on here should not confuse that position.

Edited by i-Ram

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Didn't ask for a detailed essay

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

It is an important distinction tbf,

I'm going to stand by more original post, we've obviously have had bids for players that have been rejected, as has been said no serious bids, so we have had bids and we aren't selling our players.

4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Cant verify if this email is real, but not liking the threat by Morris that if fans protest he may just walk away and leave us in the poo.

Not what i understood from the interview. Think Mel was saying that bad protests could drive prospective new owners away not that Mel would walk away 

5 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Cant verify if this email is real, but not liking the threat by Morris that if fans protest he may just walk away and leave us in the poo.

It says he "could" - Which he definitely has the ability to do 

It doesn't say he "would" or even "may" - It doesn't say that he's considering it just that it is one option available to him 

I think we need to be very careful with our analysis when it comes to stuff like this because changing that word from could to may gives it a very different meaning and some people will only see your post

1 minute ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Not what i understood from the interview. Think Mel was saying that bad protests could drive prospective new owners away not that Mel would walk away 

I can't access the interview abroad, unfortunately, so haven't heard it.

But this is the problem with letting the attendees write the narrative - things just get lost in translation. Seems like RamsTrust alone have spun two different takes on what what said - one in a radio interview and one in an email. Total chaos.

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

It says he "could" - Which he definitely has the ability to do 

It doesn't say he "would" or even "may" - It doesn't say that he's considering it just that it is one option available to him 

I think we need to be very careful with our analysis when it comes to stuff like this because changing that word from could to may gives it a very different meaning and some people will only see your post

I used "may" as in "it is a possibility", just like the word "could". But I get your point and have edited my post to avoid unnecessary interpretation. 

11 minutes ago, cosmic said:

In the interview on radio Derby he didn’t mention Mel walking away, he said it might put off potential investors. Personally, protests against football boards are nothing new and in many cases most takeovers have gone through anyway - I mean the new investors would be seen as the heroes so as long as they run the club correctly they have nothing to fear. Think Mel is wrong on the impact of protests. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

For those who aren't denizens of Derby what did this summary state... 

You can listen to in online just search for Radio Derby listen again.

I don't want to misrepresent anything that was said.

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Interesting although I don’t believe Nixon usually 

Hardly a shock - But then I find it amazing that they weren't already aware of his thoughts on the academy, he's been pretty vocal over time

Morris has said over and over that he wants to have more academy players in the side - But he's also repeatedly put his hands in his pockets to pay for more senior players - I think the problem is he keeps stating his personal opinions as a fan (more youth) in forums where he should stick to the business principles of being the owner (players that the manager wants)