The EFL at it again? Blocking signings?

RoyMac5

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm sure Nixon wouldn't hesitate to say that if so.

Why won’t the club just come out and say it then? Why the secrets and cryptic clues in post match interviews. Same with Nixon, cryptic sound bites with no substance tells me he knows FA. 

38 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Sorry to say if this crap/ vendetta from the EFL carries on then after 50 years of supporting the club I  cannot carry on supporting it.  It's obvious they want to just see Derby relegated as soon as possible to League 1 maybe see us go into Administration or even better for them to see us go out of business. There is obvious a big feud between Morris and them and as long as he owns the club the more they will try to destroy us. Why Rooney is still manager beggars belief. Let's hope there is a change but can't see it. 

Too many assumptions.

Rooney doesn’t deserve that either 

11 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Why won’t the club just come out and say it then? Why the secrets and cryptic clues in post match interviews. Same with Nixon, cryptic sound bites with no substance tells me he knows FA. 

Well maybe he only knows sound bites? But I can't see any reason bar the EFL changing the 'terms' of our embargo again for us not to sign 4 players. After all we asked for and got permission to ignore the Chorley game, 'exceptional circumstances'. Why bother if we had no intention of signing anyone?

I've seen suggestions it's because we might be being taken over, but why would that stop 'day to day' runnings? Plus there's been no sniff of that, previously we've at least heard about the EFL's fit and proper stuff.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well maybe he only knows sound bites? But I can't see any reason bar the EFL changing the 'terms' of our embargo again for us not to sign 4 players. After all we asked for and got permission to ignore the Chorley game, 'exceptional circumstances'. Why bother if we had no intention of signing anything?

Then the club should just come out and say so, stop all the conspiracy theory nonsense, lack of trust and build back relationships with the fans. Just say why we can’t sign players, it’s not difficult 

Just now, TexasRam said:

Then the club should just come out and say so, stop all the conspiracy theory nonsense, lack of trust and build back relationships with the fans. Just say why we can’t sign players, it’s not difficult 

How do you know it's not difficult?

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How do you know it's not difficult?

For what reason would it be? If it’s EFL sanctions then why would that be difficult to communicate 

I was reading up about the Reading situation, seeing as they're also in a position of being restricted this transfer window, to see if it could give some possible insight into our position. From the noises coming from their camp, they're making it clear that the EFL haven't made them aware as to what the exact restrictions that they are under are. They know they'll have some sorts of restrictions this year, but what they can or can't do hasn't been explicitly laid out to them. As such, they're not able to do anything at all until the EFL make that clear to them.

I do wonder if we're in a similar position of not knowing exactly what restrictions apply to us. As Nixon says, the EFL decides on what restrictions are put in place, and he seems to suggest that the EFL have been changing or fine tuning the restrictions we are/will be under. Might it be the case that they haven't told us exactly what we can and can't do, and as such we can't move on transfers? As others have said, the fact that non-contract players, some with other offers from elsewhere, are sticking around might suggest that there must be some sort of belief that something will happen at some point, and Rooney himself did say after the Man Utd game that he believes something will happen, he just needs it to happen sooner. Perhaps the worry is less that we won't have anyone signed over the whole season, and more that the EFL are taking so long to make a decision on a course of action for Derby, that we're worried that they won't sort it out before the season starts, which would make the first few games of the season almost impossible to compete in.

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes that's what I've been thinking. They could have gone somewhere cheaper ie Loughborough or not at all. Something is stopping us signing 4 players and I guess it must be wages - maybe EFL have given us a low wage cap?

Could be as simple as agents wanting a pay day? And we are banned from that?

1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

Could be as simple as agents wanting a pay day? And we are banned from that?

I just wonder how many are with us on the promise that EFL restrictions will be gone before the season starts and we will be able to pay more money?

11 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Sorry to say if this crap/ vendetta from the EFL carries on then after 50 years of supporting the club I  cannot carry on supporting it.  It's obvious they want to just see Derby relegated as soon as possible to League 1 maybe see us go into Administration or even better for them to see us go out of business. There is obvious a big feud between Morris and them and as long as he owns the club the more they will try to destroy us. Why Rooney is still manager beggars belief. Let's hope there is a change but can't see it. 

Can't afford to sack Rooney.  Has anyone noticed in all his recent interviews, full of cliches and rhetoric that he is unable to look the interviewer in the eye, or look at the camera when he is giving his redundant answers?  A body language sign of deceit. 

4 minutes ago, MickD said:

Can't afford to sack Rooney.  Has anyone noticed in all his recent interviews, full of cliches and rhetoric that he is unable to look the interviewer in the eye, or look at the camera when he is giving his redundant answers?  A body language sign of deceit. 

That’s his normal style mate. Always looking over to his left as well as though the Bailiffs are coming to take his office skybox..........could happen though?

5 minutes ago, MickD said:

Maybe or maybe just a person not necessarily that comfortable speaking in front of the camera. Also, don’t most managers speak in cliches? That’s why I rarely watch them speak and, apart from an update on injuries, find pre-match press conferences a total waste of time.

Rooney may not be a good manager (maybe he’ll turn out to prove us wrong) but I think you’re on dangerous ground with what you seem to be implying.

Who are the EFL ultimately reportable too?  FIFA? Eufa?

I genuinely don’t know, but the Bosman rule was forced upon it but somebody so they must be accountable to some body?

We need to put in a formal complaint.

12 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Buddy that's what they want destroy us the supporters we need to stick to the efl once doors open  too pp champership season and gibson while we are at it.