The EFL at it again? Blocking signings?

RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Only?

Can I be paid only £5k to do the thing that I like doing more than anything in the world.

And earn enough to buy a small house in Derby, outright, in one year.

Once asked a mate who was a pro (premier league, championship) about money and players thoughts on it. He basically said, not his words, but as close to it as I can remember "we cant believe the money we get paid. It's crazy that we can demand as much as we do and the clubs will keep paying it" he also predicted to me that we would have players on 1mill a week within 10 years. That was about 15 years ago when we said it and he is pretty close to being proved right.

13 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The only thing I can imagine is that the EFL won't sanction any additional wages as it will take us over the P&S threshold. Although we can lose £13m per season if Mel puts in £8m in equity, if he puts zero on we can only lose £5m. With no season tickets, we might be struggling. 

But, if the accounts have not yet been submitted - or have they (?) - then I'm not sure that the EFL could set a limit based upon accounts?

In fact, I think that the rules say that the EFL can set whatever Embargo rules they like. I think that there is a link in the "Embargo" thread. (They give specific sanctions, and examples, but also say something along the lines of being able to impose whatever sanctions that they see fit.

I think that the idea is that clubs should avoid triggering an embargo!

Edited by Ken Tram

Just now, Ken Tram said:

But, if the accounts have not yet been submitted - it have they - then I'm not sure that the EFL could set a limit based upon accounts?

In fact, I think that the rules say that the EFL can set whatever Embargo rules they like. I think that there is a link in the "Embargo" thread. (They give specific sanctions, and examples, but also say something along the lines of being able to impose whatever sanctions that they see fit.

I think that the idea is that clubs should avoid triggering an embargo!

We have to submit P&S estimates. If we're in danger if going over, the EFL have to authorise every signing. 

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

We have to submit P&S estimates. If we're in danger if going over, the EFL have to authorise every signing. 

So the EFL have the estimates? Are they publicly available?

Does this include estimates for the current three year period? And include estimates for the years that need to be resubmitted?

2 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

So the EFL have the estimates? Are they publicly available?

Does this include estimates for the current three year period? And include estimates for the years that need to be resubmitted?

No idea, just trying to think of a realistic scenario to make sense of what we're hearing 

2 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Are we even sure this is an issue with the EFL and not Mel refusing to sanction anymore expenditure on wages? 

That interpretation would be consistent with the tweets that were quoted.

Ordinarily, football ownership probably requires one to chase the rewards of promotion or silverware.

But, as we know from the Bet Aware adverts, it is important to stop gambling when it stops being fun!

36 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The only thing I can imagine is that the EFL won't sanction any additional wages as it will take us over the P&S threshold. Although we can lose £13m per season if Mel puts in £8m in equity, if he puts zero on we can only lose £5m. With no season tickets, we might be struggling. 

If you want tinfoil-hat made-up guesses, the EFL have decided that Rooney, Rosenior, Bucko etc also count as players of professional standing, because they could in theory come out of retirement and play again…

4 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Said it before and I'll say it again,the efl will not be happy until we have been made a example of and are relegated.

It probably would have been better to have just got it done last season in hindsight....we would have had a total reset and would now be into a rebuild rather than waiting for it to happen.

We wouldn’t have appeased this bunch of vindictive S.O.Bs they would still want to hammer home their authority regardless of whether we went down or not. They are the cowards that kicks some poor ducker on the head after they’ve been knocked out already. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm struggling to believe Mel would be happy with us starting the season without a single senior CB

He’s barely even keeping the lights on so funding new players - costing £2m on wages - is probably not something he’s willing to do 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He just paid out to let the team stay down south for a week. If money was that tight, they wouldn't have gone.

Yes that's what I've been thinking. They could have gone somewhere cheaper ie Loughborough or not at all. Something is stopping us signing 4 players and I guess it must be wages - maybe EFL have given us a low wage cap?

Sorry to say if this crap/ vendetta from the EFL carries on then after 50 years of supporting the club I  cannot carry on supporting it.  It's obvious they want to just see Derby relegated as soon as possible to League 1 maybe see us go into Administration or even better for them to see us go out of business. There is obvious a big feud between Morris and them and as long as he owns the club the more they will try to destroy us. Why Rooney is still manager beggars belief. Let's hope there is a change but can't see it. 

Edited by ziggyram59