The EFL at it again? Blocking signings?

RoyMac5

Oh dear, doesn't sound good. What an earth is going on? Giving with one hand and taking with another. If nixon thinks petty politics involved maybe he could write a critical piece about the EFL? 

Edited by Andrew3000

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Said it before and I'll say it again,the efl will not be happy until we have been made a example of and are relegated.

It probably would have been better to have just got it done last season in hindsight....we would have had a total reset and would now be into a rebuild rather than waiting for it to happen.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Said it before and I'll say it again,the efl will not be happy until we have been made a example of and are relegated.

It probably would have been better to have just got it done last season in hindsight....we would have had a total reset and would now be into a rebuild rather than waiting for it to happen.

I almost agree with that especially as the way things are shaping up, it will be a slow, ugly decent into Division One over the course of the season anyway. 

The only caveat being it might be better to wait until any potential new ownership is done and dusted before we get relegated, I'm not sure MM has the funds nor the inclination to rebuild ? 

Interested to see what their reasons for blocking it are now then. Will they let us buy players even if we resubmit our accounts?

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Would we? If we'd gone down to League 1 we'd have even less money and we would still be under embargo anyway. We'd just be doing the same thing, but one division lower. 

Having said that though I do agree we may as well get it over with sooner rather than later. If we start the season without any centre backs we're just wasting everybody's time. Hopefully if we do go down the EFL will finally be satisfied enough to leave us alone.

8 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm starting to agree. Not being able to be compete is a complete waste of a season. I'd rather have meaningful div 1 matches than this.

29 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Staying up was worth £10,000,000 

It’s the not the sporting answer, but it’s where we’re at 

Yet again, we have no idea what is going on. Is it fair of Rooney to come out and make some oblique comments about needing help from inside and outside the club? Help regarding what exactly? There's no point in making comments with no substance.

The situation is turning into a farce. The club are saying nowt and seems frozen in the face of adversity. It has zero communication and involvement with supporters. Meanwhile, the EFL may have changed stance yet again. If so, this organisation is out of control and needs bringing into the real world. Let's hope that the move to bring in an independent regulator with oversight of football's so-called 'authorities' goes through quickly.  

28 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Wasn’t Boro’s CEO just sworn into the the secret society that is the EFL ? Rolled up trouser legs etc, or am I being too cynical.

But WTF is going on at this famous club I love, it’s really heartbreaking.

The other club representative is the chairman of Nottingham Forest. Don't think we'll be getting much sympathy this year. They've also appointed Peter Ridsdale who has almost destroyed several EFL clubs, so he's a perfect fit for his new role.

The only thing I can imagine is that the EFL won't sanction any additional wages as it will take us over the P&S threshold. Although we can lose £13m per season if Mel puts in £8m in equity, if he puts zero on we can only lose £5m. With no season tickets, we might be struggling.